China 2nd Largest Economy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-30 16:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

USA is a collection of 50 states and a couple of small countries.

But if you really want to break it down like that the UK alone is 4 countries
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-30 16:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Titan.Ellid said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
fixed that for you
Refixed since you don't seem to understand how governements are run.

Unless you want me to start counting ever single territory or region in every single country. As some people in your country already want to be considered seperate

They all contribute to the overall economic status though, just like our states.

Also, irrelevant fact is irrelevant.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Titan.Ellid said:

fixed that for you

Way to be ignorant Tidus.... lmao

Very nice contribution. Your reward is you get to push Alt + F4
[+]
 Titan.Ellid
Server: Titan
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

fixed that for you

so splitting our country into zones makes us count more? does england have seperate area codes in different areas? maybe we should count cities too....

oh and I think you mean the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which is 4 different states.

now I am being argumentative :p
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-30 16:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:
fixed that for you

Apparently, the economy of the state of California is the eighth largest in the world by itself...so screw all you other states and territories! :p

Oh wait...then China is still second largest. Oh nevermind. -_-;;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-30 16:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Titan.Ellid said:
fixed that for you
Refixed since you don't seem to understand how governements are run. Unless you want me to start counting ever single territory or region in every single country. As some people in your country already want to be considered seperate
They all contribute to the overall economic status though, just like our states. Also, irrelevant fact is irrelevant.
/epic facepalm
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:
I think the key-word is countries or states.

I'm not being argumentative, the USA is a collective of countries, so is the EU, so it is fair to make a comparison between them.

Your arguing semantics. All of our states make up our country. If we bombed you, you wouldnt say "we just got bombed by florida"(or wherever the plane was from). You would say the US attacked you. On the other hand, if england bombed us, we would say england bombed us, not the european union.
 Titan.Ellid
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

I'm not being argumentative, the USA is a collective of countries, so is the EU, so it is fair to make a comparison between them.

Your arguing semantics. All of our states make up our country. If we bombed you, you wouldnt say "we just got bomber by florida"(or wherever the plane was from). You would say the US attacked you. On the other hand, if england bombed us, we would say england bombed us, not the european union.

Respectfully I disagree.

If England bombed you, the UK (4 states) would have attacked you.

If... Poland attacked you, it would force all other members of the EU to attack you too.

So, yes it is semantics but it's very very important and totally alters the meaning.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-30 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

Your arguing semantics. All of our states make up our country. If we bombed you, you wouldnt say "we just got bomber by florida"(or wherever the plane was from). You would say the US attacked you. On the other hand, if england bombed us, we would say england bombed us, not the european union.

The topic is about economics, and comparatively saying that our 52 states are akin to the EU though, not what you call the people who bomb you....
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-30 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

so your point is that you see an individual state within the US as being equal to an entire EU country?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is all our states act as one, yours do not. Yours would be like counting everything in the united nations as one because we kind of confer on some things some times.
[+]
 Titan.Ellid
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is that it is fair to compare the economy of the USA to the economy of the EU.

Nothing more, nothing less.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-30 16:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we were all part of the G20, NATO and other lame international organizations.
Friends forever! <3
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-30 16:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:
My point is that it is fair to compare the economy of the USA to the ECONOMY of the EU.

I bolded it in case you didn't read it that time, as you have failed to every other time.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And my point was that it takes 27 EU countries to be able to compare to our 1 country. (states are not countries, gtfo with that crap.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-30 16:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The EU does have its own flag and headquarters/capital in Brussels, and minted currency, after all. It is more than just a solely military (like NATO) or trade-agreement (NAFTA) treaty group.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-30 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:
I think the key-word is countries or states. I'm not being argumentative, the USA is a collective of countries, so is the EU, so it is fair to make a comparison between them.
The topic is about economics, and comparatively saying that our 52 states are akin to the EU though, not what you call the people who bomb you....
Since when did we have 52 states?

Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Titan.Ellid said:
I think the key-word is countries or states. I'm not being argumentative, the USA is a collective of countries, so is the EU, so it is fair to make a comparison between them.

i think hes counting cuba...but thats like a negative. we should get -1 for that not +1.
 Titan.Ellid
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And my point was that it takes 27 EU countries to be able to compare to our 1 country. (states are not countries, gtfo with that crap.)

A group of 52 states that make up the United States of America is being compared to a group of 27 states that form the European Union. Each with individual state laws, federal laws that apply to all states and a president of all countries.

It really is not much different. Just because each state has a different language or was at one time not part of that union doesn't make the first sentence not true.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-30 16:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Titan.Ellid said:

Fair enough. I just copied what was written prior without thinking about it lol.
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-30 16:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they mean held territories like Guam and Puerto Rico, but then also would mean those territories in Micronesia that use the US dollar as their currency also, perhaps.
[+]
 Titan.Ellid
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Titan.Ellid said:

Ok, 46 or whatever and 8 principalities. It's your country not mine.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

A group of 52 states that make up the United States of America is being compared to a group of 27 states that form the European Union. Each with individual state laws, federal laws that apply to all states and a president of all countries.

It really is not much different. Just because each state has a different language or was at one time not part of that union doesn't make the first sentence not true.

Thats the point, they arent states in EU. They are individual countries.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-30 16:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

And they call Americans ignorant about the world...
[+]
 Titan.Ellid
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

Thats the point, they arent states in EU. They are individual countries.

Now you're arguing semantics, the two words are interchangable.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they arent lol. A state has nowhere near as much power as a country.
[+]
 Titan.Ellid
By Titan.Ellid 2010-07-30 16:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Respectfully, I disagree.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-30 16:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Titan.Ellid said:
50 like we've had for a rather long time though not long in comparision to other large established countries.

Not sure how many territories are ours now and who would consider what since they are under various lvls of control of us. But only 4 real organized ones. They have much more autonomy than a state. I can't speak for all of them but I know 1 is actually a drain on our economy and money only flows into and not out of it lol
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-07-30 16:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:
My point is that it is fair to compare the ECONOMY of the USA to the ECONOMY of the EU.

Last time I'll bother with this thread.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-30 16:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ellid said:

Respectfully, I disagree.

respectfully, i disagree about your disagree..ment? of...disagreeing?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7