First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 36 37 38
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 22:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Ah it doesnt matter rly just I also got proved wrong by a friend who claimed similar xp results and I was like /telling him I didnt believe him till I saw it for myself. Just funny reading this page with Darkhawk trying to convince you much like my friend had problems doing with me lol.

lol see...?

edit: anybody find out how to get that new pup necklace yet? the one with 5 acc and martial arts+? or the shaolin belt? i can't find any info on it ><
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-11 00:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Eikechi, the simple fact that there are like, 4 separate accounts of massive exp on the last page alone should be enough to convince you it's worth looking into (and you too Zicdeh). Don't argue the fact that one person got 150k in 3 hours and another got 215k in 5 hours, they were different parties, could have been different rate of kill, deaths, different amount of chests dropping, different mobs, one may have started killing asap on zoning in, the other may not have. When it all comes down to it though, they're both on 40-50k an hour.

The other thing is that as exp/cruor increases per kill, you're going to get a slow rate of exp to start with which will gradually increase. So considering this, these guys probably would have been on something more like 60-70k per hour by the end of the run.

Holy ***I wanna try this lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-11 00:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah a friend of mine joined a run mid way thru because people were getting tired or got capped on merits and lvl and left so he started out getting good xp.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-11 00:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be interesting to see how long you could keep an alliance going by swapping out members as people get tired lol. You may not have any of the original members left after a certain amount of time, but you could probably keep it going forever lol.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-11 01:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Eikechi, the simple fact that there are like, 4 separate accounts of massive exp on the last page alone should be enough to convince you it's worth looking into (and you too Zicdeh). Don't argue the fact that one person got 150k in 3 hours and another got 215k in 5 hours, they were different parties, could have been different rate of kill, deaths, different amount of chests dropping, different mobs, one may have started killing asap on zoning in, the other may not have. When it all comes down to it though, they're both on 40-50k an hour.

The other thing is that as exp/cruor increases per kill, you're going to get a slow rate of exp to start with which will gradually increase. So considering this, these guys probably would have been on something more like 60-70k per hour by the end of the run.

Holy ***I wanna try this lol.

I believe the exp is phenomenal, I've experienced it, but we got phenomenal exp before Abyssea.

It's nice that there's something other than NM hunting for Abyssea goers, but personally, I feel if you aren't seeking out the amazing drops, you're really wasting your traverser stones.

Again, we could get exp and even gil before Abyssea.

We could not get:

Goetia Chains
Ferine Mantles
Varangian Helms
Juogis
Grim Cuirasses
Orison Cape
Lancer's Torque

And probably about 500,000 Other items that people focusing on the XP aspect are missing out on.

Meanwhile, you're precious Cruor becomes worthless because of market saturation, and once you cap job and merits (Which should have really been capped before the update) you've lost quite a bit of time already.

That's just an opinion I guess, again, I'm not denying the fact you can (And it's actually really nice to see a full alliance able to pull in 50k+HR) but at the same time... exp reaches a finite cap of usefulness.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-11 01:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say the cruor is useless. I mean you can use it to get all the teles and the key items that help and keys to open boxes and actually tele
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-11 01:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I wouldn't say the cruor is useless. I mean you can use it to get all the teles and the key items that help and keys to open boxes and actually tele

True, but as a specific target, it's kinda of useless. It's more of an additional benefit right now, until someone figures out just what the Primeval Brew does.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-11 02:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably some later upgrade for some crazy new weapons
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-11 02:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But visits aren't exactly finite though, so who's to say you can't cap your xp today and go back tomorrow for the nm's?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-11 02:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have stones coming out of my *** lol.
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-11 03:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been thinking. How is AF3 going to come from these zones? Are they going to be bought with cruor? Are they going to be dropped from Tier IV NMs that don't exist yet? I know it's going to be 6 months before we even get info on it but I can't help but speculate now that we can access abyssea.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-11 03:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure SE said AF3 was from Walk of Echos
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-11 03:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so you mean to tell us you made 150k exp in 3 hours and 15m? come on.....
with TE Chests its possible by my count i made 215,000 exp in 5hrs since i was 10k into DRG76 and now its got a capped buffer for DRG80 and i died 2-3x due to third eye fail super jump recast :(
1) what do Time Extensions have to do with sheer exp per hour? (because we're simply talking about time elapsed here...) 2) how the hell does 150k in 3 hours = 215k in 5 hours? 50/hr is not 215 in 5 hours... and even still, that sounds like somewhat of a stretch.. 215k in 5 hours? thats a ***load of exp... plz explain #1 mainly....plz

Just admit you got proved wrong and stop being an ***. He even posted a screenshot to prove it. Maybe he did exadgerate but you get the idea by the end im sure it probably is parsing around 50k an hour.

was not exagerating, maybe the guy that said so much in 3hrs,
if i didnt use HIDE at the end of the screenshot line u would be able to see the time from zonetimer
i left at about 5hrs and 15-20m into this group because i was just expecting a 90m run when i entered, and needed sleep b4 work
and i was @ 10k and some change into DRG76 from soloing t1 VNMs and now capped on DRG80

i do not know how the 3hr guy got as much crour as he claims, we hit about 30-40 1k crour chests and i only walked away with 50k total

did finish my 3/5 perle to 5/5 and went 5/5 on teal and aurore otw out tho, so that was nice
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-11 03:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Can you post a link please?

Edit: Just got look at the official abyssea website. PLD in AF3 right there...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-11 03:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

don't make me dig for it...it was the fan fest stuff, i thought it was in there...i might be mistaken, but i thought that was it
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-11 04:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Can you post a link please?

Edit: Just got look at the official abyssea website. PLD in AF3 right there...
You can't base it on an image. Unless it actually STATES that AF3 comes from there, then it doesn't really mean anything. Aside from the fact that it may not even be AF3 that he's wearing in the image, it could easily be that they put it in there because they just thought it looked pretty, not because it comes from there.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-11 05:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well Blaz its pretty safe to assume if its pictured with it, it comes from there, no? Ya you're right, it was abyssea's artwork on the abyssea main page...so I'm gonna assume later updates and zones "deeper" into the abyssea dimension then :P

and yes that was definitely AF3, and the blm is in AF3 as well, i DO remember SE saying that those 2 sets were a preview of AF3
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-11 05:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, aren't you the one that said it was going to come from Walk of Echoes? lol... Anyway, we also don't know what the next two updates will bring. As in, we don't know if Walk of Echoes pt II will be anything remotely similar to PT 1, and we don't know if there will even be any new zones released with Scars and Heroes of Abyssea, and if there are, if they are, again, anything remotely similar.

Anyway, I'm totally just ranting here.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-07-11 06:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea exp is best way to exp i ever saw. this a LS member parsed on one run. It counts all exp chests into total exp
Quote:
Experience Rates
Total Experience : 241090
Number of Fights : 577
Date : 7/8/2010
Start Time : 8:50:45 PM
End Time : 1:10:54 AM
Party Duration : 4:20:08
Total Fight Time : 3:18:47
Avg Time/Fight : 27.05 seconds
Avg Fight Length : 20.67 seconds
XP/Fight : 417.83
XP/Minute : 926.73
XP/Hour : 55604.09

Experience Chains
Chain Count Total XP Avg XP
0 577 241090 417.83

think that was te best run we did so far, got another amazing the next day but there noone parsed.

and btw... you dont waste any Traverser stones on this. You "only" need 3 to enter first time, after that you allways go out after 4-5 hours with 120+ min left for next run. its amazing <3

edit: and yea after reached the 600 xp/kill cap he started parser again for some time and said we were at 70k+/hour...
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-11 07:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, ya'll just can't play nice.

XP vs NMs:

If you get a full alliance, and get lucky on the TEs, you only need one day (3-4 stones) to hit 80 and snag a couple merits. It will start out slow, but between the increased XP and chests, it goes up massively.

Unless you want to cap another job, that frees up all the rest of your stones until the next cap increase to kill NMs.

Personally, I have my group do NMs on Monday and XP/cruor on Thursday. Even with 6, we can still get an ok amount of XP while farming trigs. I can't wait until our group is big enough to get TEs reliably.

tl;dr: Spend a day or two capping your XP and getting enough cruor for whatever gear you want. After that go for the NMs. Everyone at 80 will make it easier.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-11 09:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

With a whole alliance, how long do you have to kill before you can reliably pump your time remaining up to 2 hours? You'd have to be a pretty dedicated group, but if you can cap out in say, an hour, you could do 1 hour exp, 1 hour NM killing, and keep swapping. That way you could potentially kill NM's for 1 hour every second hour, for as long as you want. And as long as you end after exp and not after NMs, you should still have full 2 hours left for the next day.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-07-11 10:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

problem is you need to keep chain on one mob type to have good exp. dont know how long it would take to get xp up again. The exp raises 1 xp/kill starting at around 85ish. once you reach the soft cap of exp you can only get more exp with lights from red chest...
and you should go in with 90 min start time if you start doing exp cause so far for us first TE started to pop after 1 hour, where they still are uncommon, the 90-120 min+ builded up after 3 hour inside.
you could say first hour of abyssea xp is mehish but ok, once you reach 200xp/kill after 1 hour its nice exp after 2 hours its already hawt and everything 3 hour+ is just powning when you are lucky with gold in red chest :)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-11 11:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't talking so much about the exp rate in my last post, but more about simply being able to stay in abyssea longer, thus allowing you to get as much NM time as possible, with a little exp/cruor as a bonus, rather than as the main attraction.

Woo run-on sentence.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-07-11 11:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Evidently you havnt been in there too often. My friend went from 75 blm to an 80 blm in one run. You get time extensions from chests. Though, i'd rather ignorant people not have an easy way to level....
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2010-07-11 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My Social ls ran in yesterday for xp... and we had a full alliance...

Didnt parse it, but in 4 hrs i ended up capping pup (25k xp) and getting 13 merits (Yes this meant i had to run back to town and use some).

Funny thing if, when i entered I had 118 mins, when I left to dump my merits I had 182 mins. Of course when i came back it was knocked back down to 120 mins, I just found it funny that we were gaining time instead of losing time. Capped a couple skills too while i was in there..great skilling.

Oh and dont forget the 30k+ Cuor we got while we were in there too. I now have all key items, all maps, all confluxes activated, and a teal hat.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2010-07-11 11:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I wasn't talking so much about the exp rate in my last post, but more about simply being able to stay in abyssea longer, thus allowing you to get as much NM time as possible, with a little exp/cruor as a bonus, rather than as the main attraction.

Woo run-on sentence.

i awsnere taht aswell just between the much text lol. time chest are rare on first hour, they get common when you are on chain 300+ (or lets say after 2 hours inside, before that its only 1 chest maybe every 10 min allways depend on luck^^) and once you kill other mobs the chain is reset and high chain is needed to make chest drop on almost every kill and to have higher tier chests
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-11 11:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what I like about Abyssea levelling? BLM's are really good for it. It's nice to see something other than TP burn.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-11 12:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
Evidently you havnt been in there too often. My friend went from 75 blm to an 80 blm in one run. You get time extensions from chests. Though, i'd rather ignorant people not have an easy way to level....

If it makes you feel better, I've been on 2 such runs that were epic failure because the idiots couldn't listen and some of them died so much and aggroed ***that they LOST exp lol...
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-11 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:

If it makes you feel better, I've been on 2 such runs that were epic failure because the idiots couldn't listen and some of them died so much and aggroed ***that they LOST exp lol...
That's an accomplishment in Abyssea.

One run our BRD did leave level 74 instead of 75 (only had a ~100-200 XP buffer). Her fault though because she used RR instead of R3. (While RR is expected of those that have it, I'd much prefer they stay level 75 and take more of my MP)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-11 13:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Psh always use RR2
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 36 37 38