New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 36 37 38
By Wisestone 2010-07-09 22:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm i seam to have a problem trying to pop Carabosse NM in la theine abyss
on wiki it shows its could b Spawned by clicking ???
@ (H-7) with key items
Pellucid Fly Eye and Shimmering Pixie Pinion key items.....
But when i tryed clicking the ??? @H-7 nuthin.. i have both key items to pop but nuthin... anyone else haveing this same problem?
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-07-10 01:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What does the ??? say when you click it? Apparently there are several ???s in that area; you might be at the wrong one.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-10 02:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that this is a bit late, but I thought I'd share my thoughts and strats on the thew bomblet NM.

We did it with:

pld, brd, sam, drk, war, sch and it was easy.

All DD /thf and trick attack the tank, sch keeps phalanxga up as much as possible whilst keeping the pld alive and keeping the nastiest effects off of him (paralyse and silence firstly) the brd keeps ballads up on the tank and healer and then marches the DD.

This is how we were standing.

<sch>>>>><BRD><<<<PLD><NM><DD^v>

Means the brd can hit the pld and sch whilst staying out of range of the nastier moves, then run behind and it and hit the DD with marches whilst avoiding moves.

BRD can also remove the DD status effects if they have time.

went 2/2 with that strat, and it was pretty smooth.
[+]
By darkhawk296 2010-07-10 10:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

went in to La theine yesterday with a group of 18 with three stones. Started off getting 100 xp 15 crour per mob. about the 70min mark we started getting TE chest and where making 350 xp per kill and 40 crour. right around the 2 hour mark we started making 550 xp per kill and over 100 crour. someone killed the glowing mob and it nocked us back down to 200 xp per kill but we where back to 500 in about 30min. I left at the 3 hour and 15min mark we where getting a chest almost every kill we made 150k xp and 55k crour when I left others where still going. Best way to lvl blm ever.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

darkhawk296 said:
went in to La theine yesterday with a group of 18 with three stones. Started off getting 100 xp 15 crour per mob. about the 70min mark we started getting TE chest and where making 350 xp per kill and 40 crour. right around the 2 hour mark we started making 550 xp per kill and over 100 crour. someone killed the glowing mob and it nocked us back down to 200 xp per kill but we where back to 500 in about 30min. I left at the 3 hour and 15min mark we where getting a chest almost every kill we made 150k xp and 55k crour when I left others where still going. Best way to lvl blm ever.

so you mean to tell us you made 150k exp in 3 hours and 15m? come on.....
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-10 15:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

JUst thought to tell you this:

We had a full alliance with 3 stones. We were camping Pixies in La Theine Plateau. We were on and off with NMs, too. We didn't realized when we started to chain with regular Pixies. We noticed their exp increased from 99 to 200 (slow processing). We made about 40k exp plus 12k cruors. We also got 70 mins extended from the chests, too. It was really fun.

EDITED: In an order to keep a chain, don't kill any different monster or NM, they WILL break a chain.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-10 17:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
darkhawk296 said:

Hard to believe, but true. Numerous accounts of it. The key is getting lucky with the TE chests.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-10 17:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like he can make 15 merit points from that run. lol
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-07-10 18:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah can get lots of merits in an Abyssea run. Went to Tahrongi with a full alliance and 3 stones. Capped merits so had to warp and come back lol. Got 22 merits in total after like 5 hours. Had 200 minutes left but was too tired to stay.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-10 18:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
darkhawk296 said:

with TE Chests its possible
by my count i made 215,000+ exp in 5hrs since i was 10k into DRG76 and now its got a capped buffer for DRG80
and i died 2-3x due to third eye fail + super jump recast :(

this was taken round 5hr mark according to my zonetimer
friends in this group say they went onwards of 7-9hours tho

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-07-10 19:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea is the new Merit area

if your getting 600 EXP per kill it wont take no more then 30min to get a Merit point
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-10 20:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Got invited to a full alliance run tonight but couldn't be bothered... I REGRET EVERYTHING.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 21:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

with TE Chests its possible
by my count i made 215,000 exp in 5hrs since i was 10k into DRG76 and now its got a capped buffer for DRG80
and i died 2-3x due to third eye fail super jump recast :(

1) what do Time Extensions have to do with sheer exp per hour? (because we're simply talking about time elapsed here...) 2) how the hell does 150k in 3 hours = 215k in 5 hours? 50/hr is not 215 in 5 hours... and even still, that sounds like somewhat of a stretch.. 215k in 5 hours? thats a ***load of exp... plz explain #1 mainly....plz
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-10 21:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I woudn't have passed up on it. Those things are almost like an afb with skill ups. If you're there long enough, you'll get at least one level a run, post 75. XD

If you keep the chain going long enough, you can see 600+ xp off one mob. Chests offer extra xp and cruor, and time extensions just mean you can stay there longer/get more xp. I haven't tried it yet, but I think xp rings work there too.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-10 21:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in abyssea for the exp, classic case of Doing it Wrong.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 21:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

well if i can bust out 50k/hr (as the rate of some of these claims) hell ya i'd go to exp.... lol
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-10 21:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
with TE Chests its possible by my count i made 215,000 exp in 5hrs since i was 10k into DRG76 and now its got a capped buffer for DRG80 and i died 2-3x due to third eye fail super jump recast :(
1) what do Time Extensions have to do with sheer exp per hour? (because we're simply talking about time elapsed here...) 2) how the hell does 150k in 3 hours = 215k in 5 hours? 50/hr is not 215 in 5 hours... and even still, that sounds like somewhat of a stretch.. 215k in 5 hours? thats a ***load of exp... plz explain #1 mainly....plz

Just admit you got proved wrong and stop being an ***. He even posted a screenshot to prove it. Maybe he did exadgerate but you get the idea by the end im sure it probably is parsing around 50k an hour.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-10 21:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
If you're in abyssea for the exp, classic case of Doing it Wrong.

Not just for xp, farming cruor for the new gear sets too. If you're not there to hunt the nm's though, the xp is pretty sweeet.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-10 21:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and btw time chests are relevant because you need the time extensions to be reaching 600xp per mob.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Oh and btw time chests are relevant because you need the time extensions to be reaching 600xp per mob.

and if you're banking on getting time chests to reach your "goal exp/hr" thats not doing it in just 90m......THATS what I'm getting at..I'm not "proved wrong" or being an ***...just plz explain it to me....cuz its not clicking that you can get that exp within the FIRST 90 MINUTES like he said...
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-10 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

darkhawk296 said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fairy.Basilo said:
and if you're banking on getting time chests to reach your "goal exp/hr" thats not doing it in just 90m......THATS what I'm getting at..I'm not "proved wrong" or being an ***...just plz explain it to me....cuz its not clicking that you can get that exp within the FIRST 90 MINUTES like he said...

Nope I just read it again I guess you cant read.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 21:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i just think his claims are exaggerated...a chest "almost every kill" is a bit much because if that was the case, 90% of them would have to be exp chests to get 50k/hr
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-10 21:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fairy.Basilo said:

I don't think the point that guy made was that it could be done in 90 minutes. You have to work your way up over time which is where the time extensions etc. come into play.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-10 21:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe i'm just reading ***wrong, and my math is bad for abyssea..idk i've done farming runs, with large groups and not even come close to 25k/hr (which would be 150k in 3 hours...roughly)..maybe my set ups just sucked?

i didn't mean to sound like a d-bag or nothing..just can't see how that rate of kills is possible..sorry if i came off abbrassive here folks..i just had runs that didn't even come close to that..seriously not even within the same league with large groups
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-10 21:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With a full alliance, a bit of luck and people being semi-on the ball you can easily make EXP way faster than a merit pt.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-10 21:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
maybe i'm just reading ***wrong, and my math is bad for abyssea..idk i've done farming runs, with large groups and not even come close to 25k/hr (which would be 150k in 3 hours...roughly)..maybe my set ups just sucked?

Idk, it's possible seeing how most people are still just getting used to it and exploring it. The groups I've gone with have been a little klutzy here and there but we've still got really good xp for the time we put into it so I wouldn't put it past a really good group to get that much. I've seen 600k per mob and frequent chests anyways.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-10 21:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah it doesnt matter rly just I also got proved wrong by a friend who claimed similar xp results and I was like /telling him I didnt believe him till I saw it for myself. Just funny reading this page with Darkhawk trying to convince you much like my friend had problems doing with me lol.
 Asura.Dragongod
Server: Asura
user: DragonGod
By Asura.Dragongod 2010-07-10 22:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished a really nice abysea run. Tahrongi Canyon, 90 minutes. The reason people say the exp is real good is due to the fact that the mobs increase in lvl, and give 200+ exp per kill after thirty minutes. Also, with a full alliance they mobs were dieing real fast, less than a minute. Chests appeared about ever other mob, fast enough the designated chest opener couldn't keep up. Also, rewards from chests increased as we stayed. Started at 200 exp or cruor at first, but was consistently 1250 per chest in the last half hour. That's where a lot of the exp comes from in an abysea run. There also was cruor, augmented equipment (usually junk through), temp items, and even time extensions in the chests.

I made about 35k exp and 10k cruor that run, much of which was made in the last half of the run.

Just FYI: blue chests give exp/cruor/temp items, red give auras (like defeated mobs do, still don't know what that does), gold chests are augmented items. Did not see what color chest gave time extensions.

Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-10 22:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Every time extension chest I've gotten is blue. And to get them we do magic kill only to get the azure light to build up to drop better chests.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 36 37 38