users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » People like this make me sick
People like this make me sick
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-26 07:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"moral values should never be attributed to religion, because moral values are human"

(cant get quotes to work)

i dun agree with this. Morals are human only in the sense that we define it just like we define what is "bad" and "good". My point being is, that morals are not part of human nature in the sense that some people like to think. We are just as vicious as any other animal when it comes to what humans are. Morals would be more of something we are taught, weather you want to relate it to religion or just being raised by smart people is another story, etc

on topic tho, lol extremest nut.
Surprised they actually have so many followers.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-05-26 08:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
"moral values should never be attributed to religion, because moral values are human"

i dun agree with this. Morals are human only in the sense that we define it just like we define what is "bad" and "good". My point being is, that morals are not part of human nature in the sense that some people like to think. We are just as vicious as any other animal when it comes to what humans are. Morals would be more of something we are taught, weather you want to relate it to religion or just being raised by smart people is another story, etc

How do you know that it's wrong to kill or steal? Because you don't want it to happen to you, your species has evolved up to a point where we're conscious enough of our surrounding to understand that a certain balance is needed if we're going to strive and prosper, we can't just keep doing like the other animals, and that's it, nothing more. It's not supernatural. It has nothing to do with God telling you not to do it. But when you give power to religion, they'll convince you that it's wrong to kill, unless God orders it. If you had kept the responsibility to yourself, you wouldn't have fallen into the trap.
 Titan.Ironbull
Server: Titan
user: Wildbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 08:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

religulous jehova witnesses wanting me to go to church every sunday!!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-26 08:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

religion makes people do crazy ***
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-26 08:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:

How do you know that it's wrong to kill or steal? Because you don't want it to happen to you, your species has evolved up to a point where we're conscious enough of our surrounding to understand that a certain balance is needed if we're going to strive and prosper, we can't just keep doing like the other animals, and that's it, nothing more. It's not supernatural. It has nothing to do with God telling you not to do it. But when you give power to religion, they'll convince you that it's wrong to kill, unless God orders it. If you had kept the responsibility to yourself, you wouldn't have fallen into the trap.

i don't steal cuz of the consequences tied to it as well as having the upbringing that its wrong on top of "u shouldn't do what u don't want done to you"

My point isnt that god is anything im not even religious(not sure why that was brought as a reply to me), my point is that morals have nothing to do with humans and evolution, but instead it has to do with what we are taught growing up (mind you it being a law automatically make it part of what you are being taught as morally right) not because we evolved or w/e
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-05-26 08:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All religious debates aside, last I checked in Christianity people are forgiven for all of their sins since Jesus died on the cross right? So who are these people to judge anyway if according to their own religion people are forgiven for everything they do?

That being said, I really can't say religion has anything to do with this other than them claiming their actions in dedication to a God they obviously don't understand if they believe in Christianity. Just a bunch of nutbags doing nutbag things.
 Titan.Ironbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 08:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:
All religious debates aside, last I checked in Christianity people are forgiven for all of their sins since Jesus died on the cross right? So who are these people to judge anyway if according to their own religion people are forgiven for everything they do?

That being said, I really can't say religion has anything to do with this other than them claiming their actions in dedication to a God they obviously don't understand if they believe in Christianity. Just a bunch of nutbags doing nutbag things.

Amen, I think god has spoken to you, amirite? lolz...
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-05-26 08:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ironbull said:
All religious debates aside, last I checked in Christianity people are forgiven for all of their sins since Jesus died on the cross right? So who are these people to judge anyway if according to their own religion people are forgiven for everything they do? That being said, I really can't say religion has anything to do with this other than them claiming their actions in dedication to a God they obviously don't understand if they believe in Christianity. Just a bunch of nutbags doing nutbag things.
Amen, I think god has spoken to you, amirite? lolz...

No this is one of those interesting points I should've put in my paper if I was sober enough to think about it.
 Titan.Ironbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 08:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a joke, they can come up with all the justifications in the world for w/e they do, it still won't make a difference. Just own up to your actions!
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-05-26 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ironbull said:
It was a joke, they can come up with all the justifications in the world for w/e they do, it still won't make a difference. Just own up to your actions!

Oh no, joke was caught, but I realized as I was typing that, that it was a good point, and I'm very mad at myself for ripping them a new one in asshat drunk mode instead of thinking about good stuff like that. But hey, drunk ripping = fun times still.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-26 08:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 3 pages? I expected more from a troll-magnet topic like this.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 08:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Only 3 pages? I expected more from a troll-magnet topic like this.

No doubt. So far it's been, actually, a very intelligent debate. I am greatly enthralled by everyone's answers.

I consider myself a Christian. I believe in God and in Jesus but I do not and will not tolerate people who use religion and God as a crutch to further their ideals of what the world should be.

I do not think religion is a bad thing, when used correctly. Religion has turned hardened criminals into good people but it has also killed thousands. If it's real or not, religion has its place in the world.

Just like a Gun in the wrong hang, anything is dangerous when used by crazy-*** people.

I think blaming religion on this set of crazy is like blaming Guns for murders. It take's a person, any person, to use it wrongly.

And let's not compare Christianity vs Islam as mentioned in a previous post. Islam actually controls the laws in almost all of their countries while in the US we have this wonderful thing of Separation of Church and State.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-26 08:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-26 08:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to play devils advocate (I do not agree with them at all), what if those nutjobs are correct? Cuz we all know there's a lot of proof to support both sides, amirite?
 Titan.Ironbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 08:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Just to play devils advocate (I do not agree with them at all), what if those nutjobs are correct? Cuz we all know there's a lot of proof to support both sides, amirite?

Sorry I didn't go to sunday school, throw me a bone with some proof.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 08:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:

Well if they are right then we have to go to the bible since that is what they use as their proof. In the New Testament the rule was changed to the Golden Rule. Treat people like you wanna be treated, these people do not think like this.

Jesus hung out with prostitutes and criminals. What Christian would do this today? Which is my main problem with religious people. They think their crap dont stink and they are above their own religion.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-26 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ironbull said:
Sylph.Spency said:

My point is, who really knows if there's a God and what he wants from us, if anything, etc, etc, etc...

Since all religious arguments. for or against, are strictly opinion based, it's kinda of a moot point to even argue about it.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 09:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Titan.Ironbull said:
Sylph.Spency said:

My point is, who really knows if there's a God and what he wants from us, if anything, etc, etc, etc...

Since all religious arguments. for or against, are strictly opinion based, it's kinda of a moot point to even argue about it.

Yes, it is opinion based which again is wrong. An opinion should not be formed and then backed up by some random scripture in your religious text.

Read and study your religious text and then make a decision.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-26 09:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, so I'll drop it :P
 Titan.Ironbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 09:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:

He's trixing you to read the bible, don't do it!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-26 09:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a God, and he watches you Christians break the rules every day by touching yourselves at night. He knows when you lie to your girlfriend/wife when you say you have to work late when you're actually going to the gay bar down the street to meet your lover Pablo. He is disgusted at what He sees, and chances are, He will burn the city you take up space in. Oh yeah, Jesus isn't too happy either when you scream his name when your unwanted walking abortion starts crying because he took a ***on your carpet.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-26 09:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ironbull said:
Sylph.Spency said:

Sneaky religious people!
 Titan.Ironbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 09:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
There is a God, and he watches you Christians break the rules every day by touching yourselves at night. He knows when you lie to your girlfriend/wife when you say you have to work late when you're actually going to the gay bar down the street to meet your lover Pablo. He is disgusted at what He sees, and chances are, He will burn the city you take up space in. Oh yeah, Jesus isn't too happy either when you scream his name when your unwanted walking abortion starts crying because he took a ***on your carpet.

wtf was that? that ***came out of left field and right out of the real life bible closet. This isnt no confession booth! spit that to the pope and see if his direct line to god can forgive ya.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-26 09:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ironbull said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

wtf was that? that ***came out of left field and right out of the real life bible closet. This isnt no confession booth! spit that to the pope and see if his direct line to god can forgive ya.
The pope's direct line to God is unfortunately busy with calls to local child sex slave traffickers smuggling kids into America to fuel the blood thirsty urges of men who proclaim to be hands of God. If they truly are the hands of God, then God Himself must be a pedophile, using the priests as pawns to do his filthy dirty work and letting his human creations to take the heat for it. This is why He did not have sex with Mary because he's not interested in women his age.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 09:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol ironbull. Meet one of our resident trolls who doesnt read or make intelligent comments, just spouts stereotypes and personal opinion which is where people like the OP are wrong.
Sylph.Spency said:
Titan.Ironbull said:
Sylph.Spency said:

Sneaky religious people!

hahaha, nope. not at all. Everyone knows religion and it's your choice to follow it or not. I was just saying that if these people were trying to tell me they were right, how I would defend myself. Or i could just punch em in the face. Whichever happens first.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-05-26 09:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol religion
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-05-26 09:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing wrong with having a belief in a higher power. I personally believe in God. I have my reasons as well for believing. However that being said, the way I see it, we're here to live our lives how we want it. I'm sure if God were to actually care about this mundane BS that Westboro complains about, then he/she would be doing something to enforce it, don't you think?

I think as far as right and wrong go, if you want to apply it in a religious way, the 10 commandments is all we really gotta know and follow, and not because of it being a religious thing, but just because they're more or less common sense morals, don't kill, don't steal, etc.
 Titan.Ironbull
By Titan.Ironbull 2010-05-26 09:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't even read the original post, I thought this was a rant about religion and the things Kungfu is confessing to us, etc.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-26 09:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

after reading the OP's post, this was inevitably would have dropped into the realm of religion.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Ironbull said:
I didn't even read the original post, I thought this was a rant about religion and the things Kungfu is confessing to us, etc.

I will summarize.

Crazy religious lady: those children deserved to be shot because God said so

Interviewers: WTF, JOO CRAZY!
_________
I think as far as right and wrong go, if you want to apply it in a religious way, the 10 commandments is all we really gotta know and follow, and not because of it being a religious thing, but just because they're more or less common sense morals, don't kill, don't steal, etc.

Indeed, there is nothing magical about the Christian 10 commandments, they are pretty common morals for any religion and people. I just follow the Golden Rule and everything else works out. I dont want anyone sleeping with my wife, killing me, stealing from me, etc... So i dont do it.