Really Drgs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Really Drgs?
Really Drgs?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-01 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Err, can't quote..

"Your sample is based on 2 jumps per gearset...

2STR=1VIT is a terrible misrepresentation.

1 VIT directly adds .39% Damage (1/256)

1 STR adds 1 Base damage 25% of the time, and .66 ATT.

Normal merit mobs have about 320 Defense, so the ATT increases your CRatio by .2%

I'll ballpark and say that a normal geared DRG should be pushing about 120 base damage based on Weapon + fSTR, so the potential +1fSTR would be an increase of .77% 25% of the time, or a total increase of .19%

So you're looking at .39% increase from 1 VIT, or ~.39% from 1 STR

STR and VIT are equal for the purposes of Jump damage."

Well those two jumps for each head piece are two different formulas completely, not two actual jumps; and yeah the 2VIT=1STR was referring to only the second formula since you can't really compare STR and VIT directly in the first one. But Night says the first formula is actually the correct one, so can disregard the 2VIT=1STR >_>

Thanks for the spreadsheet, pretty cool ;o
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-01 12:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirming that AF feet do NAHTZING for High Jump. My Jump damage is noticeably higher than High Jump 99% of the time. I assume the other 1% were DA procs, crits, or an observer's error on my part.
Quote:
Enhances "Jump" effects.

And while I wear two pieces of Barone, I also agree there. Not worth it for the Jump bonus alone, since it doesn't contribute to an X-hit build anyway, and if you miss a jump, your X-hit is worthless. But if it's all you've got, then you're already wearing it. Granted, I can ghetto self-skillchain when I'm /SAM because of it (Meditate, land two jumps, melee hit) but that's not worth the effort other than to show off.

Wyrm Brais for High Jump? Meh, I'll have to test once I have them. Just from personal experience, it feels like High Jump doesn't shed enough hate to get it off me the majority of time. But I'm also an aggressive DD, I guess. Hell, I was DRG/WHM for a Dynamis - Jeuno, without food (because I was pulling too much hate,) and Drakesbane still pulled hate after three people WS'd on the mob >.>

Also, since someone brought it up! Big proponent of "test it yourself." Wiki's fine and dandy, but if there's any doubt, just shut up and try it yourself. All you'll lose is some exp if you die, and some face if you were wrong and shot your mouth off.

I'm curious though, has anybody checked Ability accuracy in a parse? I may run a parse just against myself tonight, just so I can see if Ability (jumps) is comparable to Melee accuracy. Personally, I feel like Jumps, and High Jump especially, are prone to missing more than melee. Anyone else?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-01 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Confirming that AF feet do NAHTZING for High Jump. My Jump damage is noticeably higher than High Jump 99% of the time. I assume the other 1% were DA procs, crits, or an observer's error on my part.
VIT has no effect on High Jump damage, so there's also that to consider.

I'm willing to bet you have something better than Barone Corazza, or could sell it off and get something better. It's basically a really expensive idle piece.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-01 12:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it's as accurate as you make it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-01 13:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I've always been able to tell (parsed all parties when levelling drg), Jump acc = melee acc.
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-01 19:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly didn't know about no VIT in High Jump, which also explains the difference.
 Sylph.Shaman
By Sylph.Shaman 2010-06-01 19:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

loldrg
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-01 19:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwhateveritisyouplayonaregularbasis
[+]
 Bahamut.Rocl
user: Rocl
By Bahamut.Rocl 2010-06-02 05:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

another question;
is it worth it to macro in wyvern HP+ gear and whatnot for offensive subjobs? if so- how does the macro for that look, I just figured out Healing Breath :d
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-02 05:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread makes me want to Q.Q I see so many gimp drgs, actually hearing people caring over the job nowdays so obsessively makes me tear.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-06-02 07:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocl said:
another question;
is it worth it to macro in wyvern HP gear and whatnot for offensive subjobs? if so- how does the macro for that look, I just figured out Healing Breath :d

Honestly, never considered it before. I assume though, yes. I know Healing Breath is heavily effected by Maximum HP as is normal with all Breath attacks. So I guess Elemental Breaths are the same, but admittedly, the thought has never crossed my mind...

EDIT: Oh, right, I just read it up. The formulate for Ele Breath is.

-The formula for calculating Elemental Breath is (Current Wyvern HP * 0.182)

- With Wyrm Armet the formula is (Current Wyvern HP * 0.212)

-Deep Breathing changes the formula to (Current Wyvern HP * 0.364)

Meaning, no, there's no point using your wyvern hp gear simply due to the fact your wyverns current HP wont change at all, unless you spirit surge your wyvern before WS's, which I'm pretty sure you don't lol.
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-02 08:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ihm is correct... There's no purpose for the additional +HP for offensive purposes, due to the damage calculation being based of off Current wyvern HP..

As far as whether or not it's worth equipping the helm or not... I did some math a long time ago when Vegetto / Tigerwoods and I were having a debate as to whether or not the additional damage yield of a breath was worth the potential 5% less haste on a melee hit.

The results were very minimal and dependent on buffs, breath accuracy, strafe merits, etc, and how well you could time your WS compared to the swings. It was something like if you were fully buffed with BRD, COR, and haste, then it was better not to use Wyrm Armet while WSing, assuming your latency is good enough to macro in your TP gear before getting in another melee hit on the WS.

If you can create strong macros, and have either Dragoon's Earring and/or Strafe merits, then I would recommend using the breath (assuming you WS early enough for the breath to go off before the mob dies).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-02 09:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said:
Bahamut.Rocl said:
another question;
is it worth it to macro in wyvern HP gear and whatnot for offensive subjobs? if so- how does the macro for that look, I just figured out Healing Breath :d

Honestly, never considered it before. I assume though, yes. I know Healing Breath is heavily effected by Maximum HP as is normal with all Breath attacks.
Actually, most breaths are modified by current HP. Healing Breath is the exception to the rule.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-06-02 09:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Ihm said:
Bahamut.Rocl said:
another question;

Honestly, never considered it before. I assume though, yes. I know Healing Breath is heavily effected by Maximum HP as is normal with all Breath attacks.
Actually, most breaths are modified by current HP. Healing Breath is the exception to the rule.

Tou'che.
 Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper
Server: Gilgamesh
user: MrReapper
By Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper 2010-06-09 13:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for crappy quality.

But meh, the guy got noct mail, and using spike necklace, amemet ,nq, str+4 ring...

Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper
user: MrReapper
By Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper 2010-06-09 13:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-09 14:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper said:

But meh, the guy got noct mail, and using spike necklace, amemet ,nq, str 4 ring...

ALL OF MY RAGE
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 14:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rocl said:
another question;

For Healing Breath, you can macro in HP+ gear to make your 50% higher when you solo so you don't die from a random TP move etc. Mix some HP+ with wyvern HP+ and you won't die much lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2010-06-09 14:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But meh, the guy got noct mail, and using spike necklace, amemet ,nq, str 4 ring...

Sr i didnt realize u played on SNES..
explains a lot =D
[+]
 Sylph.Kyogi
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2010-06-09 15:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:

ALL OF MY RAGE

7 wipes, 2 no drops later, I couldn't agree more.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

At least he has a basic concept of WS'ing gear if it makes you any happier, I toyed with spike for the +3 dex for Drakes. Then i got got flame.

Seems to be a Str based Drakes set, I dont get the homam feet for ws tho and if he doesnt have Drakes then errr....
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-09 16:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Noct Gear is full of fail.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-09 16:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
At least he has a basic concept of WS'ing gear if it makes you any happier, I toyed with spike for the 3 dex for Drakes. Then i got got flame.

Seems to be a Str based Drakes set, I dont get the homam feet for ws tho and if he doesnt have Drakes then errr....

Probably for the accuracy.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-09 16:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for crappy quality. But meh, the guy got noct mail, and using spike necklace, amemet ,nq, str 4 ring...
Is that town gear maybe?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-06-09 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, just gonna leave this here...

Wyrm Belt or Warwolf Belt for Jumps?

Double Attack gear or straight VIT for jumps?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-09 16:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrm

and situational!

Basically varies piece by piece.
 Bismarck.Dracondria