Really Drgs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Really Drgs?
Really Drgs?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-11 22:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
True true.

Last question, due to it being missed.(i think)

MY tp setup. when im NOT /sam. Should i use Homam body or my Ares body ?

Thats a good one.

For the avarage target i would go with ares without doubts.

As for hnm/gods, I'm not experienced with drg but i would say it all depends on buffs. Taking my thf as a baseline, i think my drg without homam body or madrigal would have (very close to) capped acc on anything not kirin/byakko like. Thats with pizza though. I think in the end it comes to something like ares+pizza or maybe homam + real attack food.

edit: I did use a taru lol. The stat calculator is updated to lv80 and i didn't notice that lol. So yeah, in the end you will need both cuch and galea with dex (if thats what you have).
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-12 00:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

k cool beans. and ya im a taru.
And the head has 4str/dex and crit/wsacc. and faylance has 2str/dex 5dmg.
also spinel ring has+3 acc lol
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-16 12:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey let me ask a question..someone might have already said it..ohwell.

For ws on drg is it "acceptable" to use Delta earring until I get Pixie? (Or something better than Pixie) This would all be for Drakes right now I am using Bushi for Str+2.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-16 12:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you approaching high dDEX levels? Use it. If not? Don't.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-16 12:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what I use for WS right now with Drakesbane(+33 Dex in ws set) and shame on me for forgetting base dex but I think its like 67 maybe. so that puts me at 100 with Delta 102..nothing game breaking but a whole 15 dex below cap. /StupidElvaan.

Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-16 12:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't use it there. Don't quote me but you're getting like 0.5% critrate if you're lucky from those two points of DEX. Similarly you may as well use a Flame Ring over Thunder.

Zahak's Mail/Nocturnus Mail and Hecatomb Cap will allow you to start pushing for 117 DEX as nonMithra (a sad fate for anyone).
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-16 13:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had some bad luck with Ncap for like 3 years now..and as soon as Fiat Lux opens back up I can try for Noct head/Body..right now for me Zahak's is my next large purchase I plan on making but its a little ways off for me.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-16 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
k cool beans. and ya im a taru.
And the head has 4str/dex and crit/wsacc. and faylance has 2str/dex 5dmg.
also spinel ring has 3 acc lol
I was accounting for that extra acc.
Bahamut.Zorander said:

Is what I use for WS right now with Drakesbane( 33 Dex in ws set) and shame on me for forgetting base dex but I think its like 67 maybe. so that puts me at 100 with Delta 102..nothing game breaking but a whole 15 dex below cap. /StupidElvaan.
Any chance you could snatch up a Love Torque or Flame Gorget?

I'm not a huge fan of DEX, DEX EVERYWHERE for Drakes simply because we don't have the kind of options to make it viable beyond Greater Colibri unless you're a Mithra with DEX merits. You're already well below the crit cap even at birds; if your hitrate can support it I'd consider swapping some DEX out (ring, maybe back but I think you need the acc there) for STR. That's also an additional advantage of Nocturnus Mail; it's a stronger piece than it initially appears simply because DRG WS sets often come up a tad short on acc if you go all-out on damage and you can make trades like Aurum/Zahak's/Heca -> Nocturnus and Cuchu -> Forager's in sets with some acc mixed in for small gains in both accuracy and offensive stats.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-16 13:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

More likely for Flame than Love I really only need a UFO and like 5 more Shark Organs.

I know my gear isn't anywhere near "perfect" please you smart ppl critique my gears.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-16 13:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can swap out Thunder for Flame Cuch to Foragers(acc willing) and swap Askar Head > Moogle expansion with fail augments of Str+4 ws acc, acc and attk (I know wtf was I thinking..actually I know what I was thinking but i'd rather not discuss it >.>) for adding acc.

Edit: I can also use Aurum Legs for more STR on ws over Askar with Dex.

Edit#2: Technically I could use Kubira Beads Necklace for more STR4 DEX4 but with uncapped acc that would be fail right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-16 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurum would be better than Askar if critrate isn't affected, aye. You're also correct concerning Kubira Beads; you'd be much better off picking up a gorget and/or torque.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-16 15:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I should be using or aiming for at least?

I have everything but the gorget right now..until Gorget I will use PCC.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11