Vorpal Blade Equipment Suggestions
 Bismarck.Jessiica
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Botreie
By Bismarck.Jessiica 2010-05-18 21:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
1. Accuracy should be more than fine on blu. If not your already doing blu wrong.

Weapons: perdu, koggles, trial of the magian one

MKE head,

Your acc should be fine so like something else for body. Like af ( 1). Mirke, enkidus. AJ if you can I guess

Creek or enkidus for hands. Those gloves are killing your crits badly.

Rajas str ring

legs enkidus, idk relic or dusk or something not alot of good options.

Haven't really done the numbers but maybe cuchulain mantle over foragers
how come everytime i see you post your tellign someone they are doing a job wrong? O.o
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 21:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
What kind of sample size you talking about Dasva?

Edit: And yeah, dunno, I've always felt like WS's seemed more accurate than meleeing. I just wanna see if people have actually tested before you take it for granted that low lvl ones don't have a bonus.
Can only find stitch and flat blade. This was on rdm/blu btw. Yeah I know I should probably get more ws for a good sample size but if there was a large increase it should've definitely shown up by then. And getting tp with that acc takes forever...

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 21:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jessiica said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
1. Accuracy should be more than fine on blu. If not your already doing blu wrong.
how come everytime i see you post your tellign someone they are doing a job wrong? O.o
You ignore the other 27k+ post I have?
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-18 21:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, yeah, it's kind of a weird, it's not technically a big enough sample size but it's big enough to indicate a trend at least. Maybe I'll try messing with it some once I'm home.

And wth at flat blade acc, lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 21:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** at Flat Blade... acc penalty? lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 21:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah flat blade was a bit lower in sample size so I'd guess (hope) that and alot of bad luck is the reason why it is so much lower and in all reality it is about the same as my melee.

Either that or SE made it purposefully lower because of the fact it is a rather reliable stun usable by alot of jobs
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-18 21:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, either of you have a link to the original testing on like gekko and stuff? I just want to confirm something.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 21:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

pDIF yes, accuracy no... not sure if the original acc thread still exists, but it was Bibiki goblins with Blind pots and still capping wsacc on YGK. I can provide a link to testing of Kaiten and Cata receiving the acc bonus though.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-18 21:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaiten/Cata should be fine too. Was just trying to google the original testing and someone mentioned that they were getting 50% melee acc with capped ws acc. But I'm also reading that blinding potions should be absolutely FLOORING your acc. So I wonder if they changed they way blinding potions worked in the meantime.

I might try and do a test where I can just get low acc without having to rely on blinding potions just to see. Dunno if it'll make a difference but I'm just kinda curious, hehe.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-18 21:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
pDIF yes, accuracy no... not sure if the original acc thread still exists, but it was Bibiki goblins with Blind pots and still capping wsacc on YGK. I can provide a link to testing of Kaiten and Cata receiving the acc bonus though.
How recent is that testing? I ask because capping used to happen at pdif and was changed to capping at ratio... so do they raise pdif or att on ws? Would make a big difference on decent lvl difference. If it's adding to pdif it would effectively get around lvl difference penatly kinda like spinning slash does.

And which ones exactly and by how much.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 22:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote borked...

Tarowyn: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3509669

Dasva: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68018, page 4 has post-update info
 Bismarck.Axiri
Server: Bismarck
user: Iria
By Bismarck.Axiri 2010-05-26 21:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=74157

Except with Setanta's Ledelsens (or Agrona's Leggings), Strgoi Ring and maybe Aesir Ear Pendant.
 Asura.Yurisaki
Server: Asura
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-05-26 21:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd Suggest a Sword.. only way to use it!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-26 22:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Axiri said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=74157

Except with Setanta's Ledelsens (or Agrona's Leggings), Strgoi Ring and maybe Aesir Ear Pendant.
Soil Gorget, earring is situational, STR/WSDMG head would generally perform better if you're just using that for WS. Other than that, very solid set.
 Seraph.Iria
Server: Seraph
user: Iria
By Seraph.Iria 2010-05-27 22:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the head for some spells as well so I like the DEX there. Furthermore, the DEX+4 augment comes with Critical Hit Damage +2%, which helps the average damage of Vorpal Blade too (chance of critical hit based on TP). As for the Soil Gorget, I've considered it but it would be about the same as Fortitude Torque for Vorpal Blade (and I tp in it too so I can save an inventory slot).