Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: ashren
By Carbuncle.Ashren 2010-05-18 22:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Virtue said:
Carbuncle.Ashren said:

No, completely wrong.

Point of the thread is Bst needs an actual update.

Keep waiting another seven years for that update. Maybe if you wish upon a star, they'll turn PLD into a nuking job, and THF into a healing job.

Thanks for being useful.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Blackthanos 2010-05-18 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, as a 75 BST trust me when I say I can feel your pain. It does suck ballz when you pull out an HQ jug pet only to find out that for one reason or another you have to zone and loose that brand new 100% HP pet. All I can say is that every blue moon it does actually pay to voice your opinion about something to SE.(though very very rarely) People may troll on you about it, but it does you no harm to at least try. If you do this and keep in mind the odds are slim that they will make said change then at worst you loose a little time(God knows FFXI players are used to that) and at best you may get an issue you are concerned about addressed. Good luck.
[+]
 Fairy.Virtue
Server: Fairy
user: Virtue
By Fairy.Virtue 2010-05-19 12:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ashren said:

Thanks for being useful.

The irony is that I actually am trying to be useful. It's not that your suggestions are bad, or wouldn't be cool to have. It's just that SE has made it pretty clear that they're just fine with BST working the way it is, outside of some vague comments they made recently regarding the future of the job.

Your advice is to complain in hopes of changing something that has stayed the same for seven years. My advice is to accept that it's not going to change, and spend your energy elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but I think my advice is more 'useful.'
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ashren
user: ashren
By Carbuncle.Ashren 2010-05-19 15:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Your advice is to tell players who enjoy playing Bst that it is a useless job, in the beastmaster forum, that is not being useful that is an unsuccessful troll.

Most Bst are resigned to the fact that SE has all but issued an official statement that Bst is the red headed step child of FFXI and will never get the shiny new toys other jobs get. We understand that, but it does not mean that we don't love Bst. I do not speak for all Bst, hell mine is only 59 but it is still the job I have had the most fun playing in game and dream that one day I will actually finish the mountain climb that is level capping Bst.

The thread has always been about QQing for Bst, not for reminding us that our job is forgotten about.

(and yes I see that you are a 75 Bst)
[+]
By Helix 2010-05-21 16:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell...I just hit my last 6 merits and we is fully merited folks...woot! But you know what?....Doesn't matter...there is still ridiculous crap in the programming that says "No matter how tough you are, no matter how good you are...you still need a party to do this" Which is just stupid...

I digress tho...Bst will always be my number one main job but I guess I'm gonna lvl drk or sam so I can get into sky pt's and maybe get the gear I need for beast....how f'ing sad is that....

it's not fair and SE doesn't appear to give a sh*t about us bst...they have some fantasy of everyone always working together for the good of the many...whatever....put the pipe away and get back to work...

we are bst and we don't always want to work and play well with others
 Cerberus.Manwae
Guildwork Premium
Server: Cerberus
user: manwae1
By Cerberus.Manwae 2010-05-21 16:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think SE has done some great things with BST. Mostly snarl. It gave the job the ability to unload all the dmg you can do and not have to hold back. Add to it primal rend doesnt take into account weapons base dmg you can main hand tempy axe and spam PR, throw hate on pet and keep goin. What else you want them to do, making it just as strong as other jobs + its solo capability would be completly over powering it.
By Helix 2010-05-21 16:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf....well that is a fine scanario if you have managed to "party" your way to captain rank and get your mythic and "primal rend" weapon skill

The point is that most bst have not made it there yet...elitist go away....this is an all bst forum....if you have used any other job to accent your beastmaster journey you fail to see the point we are discussing...if you used anything but beast to get there...you fail
 Cerberus.Manwae
Guildwork Premium
user: manwae1
By Cerberus.Manwae 2010-05-21 17:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

actualy did CoP ZM Captain rank and nyzul on bst, if you get some friends and dedicate yourself to the job it can be done. not being an elitist at all. just saying SE has been good to bst. and I also said they have done good things for bst MOSTLY SNARL. snarl is avalible to any bst, when it came out it totaly felt like they overpowered the job it was so awsome. much bigger improvent than PR.
By Helix 2010-05-21 17:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am saying....we have to do other sh*t to get there...and we shouldn't have to....that is all...and yes...if you used other sh*t to get there....you missing the point i am trying to make
By Helix 2010-05-21 17:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

true strike...I can accept that
By Helix 2010-05-21 17:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Who else can throw down a 4 digit weapon skill (aside from thief) and blame it on someone else "Dont hit me, hit that thing, it is it's fault"

Snarl may well be the coolest thing ever added to the game
By Helix 2010-05-21 17:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ok...it cheats....i was fighting one mob and it took 1000 hp to change to another aggro....and it still killed me....does this game cheat?...yes...constantly
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-05-21 17:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok got bored with reading but just to state a few things there have been dats in the game for years for other jug pets couple bird type a courel(sp) and a amorph leech or slime if i remember right forget if there was others that have just never been activated. You can do a search on ffah for them looking up jugs or something as search. I been trying get SE take notice for years to activate them dunno why they wont.

Far crafting jugs people arnt relizing synergy has made it lot easy get hq jugs made panzer alone is a real easy recipe and can synth more then 1 jug at a time compared to the normal woodworking recipe. So far from what i seen with limited testing synergy synths all HQ jugs not the nq so u not wasting time and invo space not mention the no lost materials on fail.

(they do need make them zonable though that for sure)

Also bst can do great xping special toss in 2 or 3 bst/wars useing voke and snarl to bounce hate around poor mobs never know what to hit and just have regular jobs in the other spots not mention makeing it basicly a 9-11 person party depending on number of bst.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-05-21 17:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't understand is how adding synergy recipes for jugs has been a positive thing? Not only have the prices of jugs on my server not shown any sign of being more affordable, but they've actually gone up in price by at least 5k a stack. That's hardly an "upgrade" to BST. That might be chump change for most people but if you've ever had to actually use BST in something other than leveling or if you've done campaign with jugs you'll realize that you can burn through a stack of jugs easily, even when you are using mobs that are available in the area. BST seriously needs to be made more campaign-friendly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-05-21 18:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

people arnt realizing how well synergy can be used for making jug pets so noones doing it so no increase in availability so no good effect on price or availability of rarer jugs like panzer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-05-21 18:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
What I don't understand is how adding synergy recipes for jugs has been a positive thing? Not only have the prices of jugs on my server not shown any sign of being more affordable, but they've actually gone up in price by at least 5k a stack. That's hardly an "upgrade" to BST. That might be chump change for most people but if you've ever had to actually use BST in something other than leveling or if you've done campaign with jugs you'll realize that you can burn through a stack of jugs easily, even when you are using mobs that are available in the area. BST seriously needs to be made more campaign-friendly.

Panzer used to be a HQ only synth now you can get 1-4 per synth with synergy, i made 27 from 12 synths the other day. what they need to do though imo is change the timers for the higher lvl ones like sabotender, 20 minutes for a hard to find jug is bull.. this needs adding into the synergy mix and its timer raised to at least 30 minutes. Also, i dont sell what i craft, i use, might put a stack here and there up to cover costs but thats it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-27 19:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the OP, BST really needs a massive update. I myself am 66 BST and I hated leveling it lol. There is like 0 use end-game for BST and they aren't as great solo wise as RDM and such.
[+]
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2010-05-28 15:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mykezero said:
Everything the poster of this thread said, I agree with. SE seems to not read my suggestions -_-

Welp, you do know that their suggestions box is a paper shredder, right? So theres you're answer lol.

Yes BST needs something big, and yes FFS slime, leech jugs, <Yes effing please> I still love the job, always, but like, I'm hoping that Snarl can be used on wild pets and not just loljugs, otherwise to me, Snarl is worthless.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-05-28 16:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a BST pipe dream >.>

I'd like jug's to function like scrolls. Use a cc jug once and be able to call cc from that point forward without requiring another jug.

To make it fair, SE could make it where every time you call your jugpet you lose 1/2 your hp. If you choose to buy jugs you could equip one and it would use that instead of your hp.

I'd also further like to see a job ability where once every 5 minutes I could transfer hp to my pet. Up to half my hp to replenish my pet's hp.... similar to a whm's Martyr.

...and yes, please......... snarl for charmed pets >.<
[+]
By Almostunsane 2010-05-29 04:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For those interested, the names of the .DAT dormant Familiars:
-Lucky Lulush, a Rabbit, level 23.
-Coeurl Familiar, a Coeurl(/shocked), level 38.
-Crafty Clyvonne, presumably the HQ Coeurl, level 63.
-Fatso Fargann, thought to be a Leech though unconfirmed (called using "Foul Blood Broth"), level 43.
-Swift Sieghard, thought to be either a Hecteyes or a Slime (called using "Mellow Bird Broth"...guess what feeds on
birds?), level 53.
Source: here.

And~
I'd also further like to see a job ability where once every 5 minutes I could transfer hp to my pet. Up to half my hp to replenish my pet's hp.... similar to a whm's Martyr.

Martyr? Sounds more like Spirit Link :P
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-05-29 04:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

bst is and will always be my favorite job...as much as i would like to see updates for it i could care less because i will enjoy it regardless...besides new jugs id like to see better pet food though..and with the level cap raise im already 1tnl waiting to ding 76...bst will be my first lvl80 and also my first 99
 Bahamut.Raj
Server: Bahamut
user: Raj2004
By Bahamut.Raj 2010-06-17 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I love beast but SE we still need atleast 2 more things and i'll be happy snarl for charmed pets & zoning for jug/charm pets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cerusa
user: cerusa
By Bahamut.Cerusa 2010-06-17 13:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah bst need a few updates like zoning with a jug pet.if you can tele with your Npc why not jug?
and a hp tp swap would be very nice. but we will just have to wait i spose.. maybe ff14?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krazyy
Server: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-06-17 13:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Any 75 BST will agree that BST needs some tweaks.. New jugs are fine, but SE needs to uncap ALL jugs (LDL is gonna stay capped at 75 as we move on to 99?!?). And while we're at it take the 30 min lifespan of jugs out of the picture and let jug pets live as long as we can keep them alive.

Let us pick our pets TP moves for every type of mob, jug or charm, and get rid of the 1 min per ready charge thing.. when pet TP is 100, let BST use w/e they want right then..

I dont think this is too much to ask.. this isnt going to break the game and let BSTs just overtake everything.

[+]
 Bahamut.Cerusa
user: cerusa
By Bahamut.Cerusa 2010-06-17 13:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i agree it wont break the game.
one thing that would also be very useful is like what pup has..being able to see your pets stats.
even if they limit to jug pets that would be cool.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raj
user: Raj2004
By Bahamut.Raj 2010-06-17 14:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cerusa said:
yeah i agree it wont break the game.
one thing that would also be very useful is like what pup has..being able to see your pets stats.
even if they limit to jug pets that would be cool.
That would be awesome they do have the tp and hp % thing when you macro it but seeing your pets hp/def etc. w/o macro would be so COOL^^ that would help even better.
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-19 09:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krazyy said:
Any 75 BST will agree that BST needs some tweaks.. New jugs are fine, but SE needs to uncap ALL jugs (LDL is gonna stay capped at 75 as we move on to 99?!?). And while we're at it take the 30 min lifespan of jugs out of the picture and let jug pets live as long as we can keep them alive.

Let us pick our pets TP moves for every type of mob, jug or charm, and get rid of the 1 min per ready charge thing.. when pet TP is 100, let BST use w/e they want right then..

I dont think this is too much to ask.. this isnt going to break the game and let BSTs just overtake everything.

LFL isn't going to stay capped to 75, that's just stupid. As of now jugs are "capped" to 75 because 75 is the highest lvl we, the bst, can go. Same thing with CC we generally referred to jugs being 75 cap even though we can see that these jugs are really "uncapped"
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-31 01:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been a little while after the update and am curious as to what peoples views are on this. Obviously not much has changed for bst pre 76~80 but it seem SE moved in a good direction w/the new jug pets. Any thoughts if BST's position in end-game or general things has changed? Any ideas what to change about BST if its not good atm? I personally feel the job needs a lot more and the update was step in right direction.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-31 19:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone? lol
 Cerberus.Nostylin
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-07-31 19:14:59