Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst needs major updates/tweaking
Bst needs major updates/tweaking
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-07-31 19:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

im glad to see Bsts in PT's now Ive had a few in abyysa, Only down side... there' Ant-lion pets have HUGE *** . . . its hard to get around them. And i thought a army of Wyverns (colibri burn o.o) was annoying =P

I haven't checked out the new Pet jugs, my bst is still 60 kinda stoped it again, but they seem Rather useful from what ive seen in abyssa
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-31 19:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

BST's is a good party job now, I'd take one over a drg any day.
[+]
By Mmbacon 2010-07-31 20:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished off BLU and DRG first to 80 and BST is still at 75, however im really excited to continue with it after the new cap etc... I have to say I was very irritated to learn that nothing in abyssea was charmable...However, BST > anything in abyssea if mobs were able to be charmed so I guess it makes sense.
 Ifrit.Tulnig
Server: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2010-08-03 11:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have found no charmable mobs in Abyssea. Not a one...
By maiyuu 2010-08-07 18:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it does really irritate me that Abyssea mobs can't be charmed. It really does throw BST out the window for that expansion. Ya, you CAN take jugs in there, but where's the fun in that? I also don't want to waste jugs just to do Abyssea (as well as other endgame type things) Why not throw some of the mobs already there in your fight to help you save some A: time from crafting more jugs, B: money from buying them and/or C: forgetting to pick up more since you realized you only have about 2 jugs left XD. (srsly, who all has done that AT LEAST once? */raises my hand cuz I'm guilty and totally forgetful sometimes* especially when you're in a hurry.

I will admit though, the new jug pets are pretty amazing..except for the coeurl.. I think he's rather pointless, at least give us a good TP move.. but that's just me..I supposed a paralyze COULD come in handy.. who knows. maybe his dps is good, but I personally like the sheep's much better. ESPECIALLY it's Lamb Chop.. hitting spiders in Kuftal Kunnel (while I was 77) for 941 dmg.. OMG yes plz!

I also will agree w/ all the other people out there that SE lets the pet zone WITH you. I "guess" I can understand the point of a restricted time limit with the jug pets... (sorta) but I think it would be nicer (although it may be overpowered) to let the Charmed pets stay much longer as well. Ya you charm something, but after X amount of mins. it's all of a sudden thinking to itself that it wants to kill you in the worst way possible for "seducing" it XD Who here had to go afk really quickly and forgot about a charmed pet only to come back thinking "***! I forgot I had something charmed, I wonder if i'm...... yup" */raises hand again LOL oops*

Snarl would be pretty cool on a charmed pet since with our new gear/new stats, we tend to be taking a lot more hate, but that might make BST way overpowered, although it would be AWESOME! IF they DO bring snarl to the charmed pets area, maybe make it a longer timer for them? Maybe it's something SE can meet us half way on.

Sorry for the long thought process of mine... I'm rather bored while I wait for my friends to get ready to go out tonight.. LOL

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-08-07 19:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Blackmist said:
Yeah It would be nice, to see BST have litl5 more to bring to the Tabel, its great job at 75 ive watched friends solo countless NM's for me as Bst in the past.

:3 fun job, wish solo'n with it wasn't such a dam chore

Red mage can solo, Beast can solo, Not QQing here, but what seems the problem with Beast? You guys got new jug pets, what else did u get? What really did you feel that you got left out?

Blm got 2 new spells, a new ability b.c of lvl 80.. I m sure u got new abilities too...

IDK, seems everyone wants more...just not happy with what they got. Have to wait and see what new update the new add ons give us???
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-09 10:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

-_- for nyz isle 80,

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Maeya
Server: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2010-08-09 11:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently decided that Bst is actually pretty awesome! We took one to a KSNM30 (RR) the other day, and it might have been the quickest run we've done. As opposed to having a pld/rdm or w/e holding the queen, the BST DD'd it, and had it dead by the time we were done with the other two cardians.
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-08-09 11:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
OP is a fail BST, plain and simple.
Um.. excuse me Mr. Troll, how would you know if I was a fail bst or not?
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
IDK, seems everyone wants more...just not happy with what they got. Have to wait and see what new update the new add ons give us???

IDK if you've realized, this thread was around BEFORE the update. In the original post, it clearly states this thread is nothing but QQ.

I'm loving the new jug pets and I can't QQ about them. They have the DPS of an average player.

But did BST get the update it needed? No. Is it a step in the right direction by SE? I like to believe so but only time will tell. One thing that really bothers me still, to be put on par with an average SAM, WAR, etc, it takes BST a lot of gear/money/merits/skill to deal damage effectively. A SAM or WAR wouldn't have that much of a difficult time.

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-09 11:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason that they wont let bst charm anything in abyssea is well then they could solo anything in abyssea, and while as a bst id be all for that, you can see why they didnt do it. SE has rarely ever let bst be used at its full potential, and that really sux tbh.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-08-09 11:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:

Because they are QQing when BST just got some nice pets.

You directed the comment at me. If you are blind let me inform you, this thread was created BEFORE we got the level cap increase.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-08-09 11:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry; I didn't know forum threads had a time limit. Call the internet police. If you actually took the time to read the content of the thread, you'll understand why it has still continued. At this point in time, fellow BSTs are discussing the changes of BST.

Obvious trolls will be obvious. I can't help that in anyway. I'm done discussing anything with a troll who hasn't played in 5 months.
 Fairy.Heillon
Server: Fairy
user: Heillon
By Fairy.Heillon 2010-08-09 11:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm lost now. People are saying "blah blah, bst sucks now." I may not be 75-80 yet, but I easily out damage any job I encounter. Saying this, I've found (or just think) that BSt has one of the highest DD potential in the game. It's mostly that people don't know how to work a bst job. Sure, you'll get told "lolwut? Yur uh Beest, yoo gow solow somtin. herp derp" I know from experience letting a bst into the party instead of a mnk my party's kill speed doubled. I probably only seem to get good beasts, but I'll just say this: Bst, in the right hands, is godlike. Note again that I have not aven reached 60, so these things I have found must have drastic changes 60-80. For now I'll just be destroying anyone that says lolbst. -_-
/rant
(Incoming flame)
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-09 16:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Heillon said:
Bst, in the right hands, is godlike.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fairy/Heillon

It's bsts like you that give the rest of us a bad name, from the looks of things, bst is not in good hands with you sir.
[+]
 Valefor.Bladerah
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Bladerah 2010-08-09 17:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

man... know what, im gonna lvl bst just to ding into ebody, ridill, etc....
[+]
 Sylph.Nazantia
Server: Sylph
user: Nazantia
By Sylph.Nazantia 2010-08-11 22:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy with BST, but no one else seems to be. As Spicyryan said, no one wants to invite BST to Nyzul or anything else for that matter. Only thing I can get into is Abyssea parties, and even then I sense a lot of negativity from the party. Sky, Sea, Dynamis... all refuse my BST. (I have respectable gear... TP in 19% haste, decent WS set, several magian axes and Glyph Axe, no BST AF anywhere other than JA macros, and I'm a huge advocate for the use of food buffs, even for solo).

Bottom line seems to be that big number epeen is what players want to see, and we aren't capable of that, so we aren't good enough. True, no way I can whip out a handful of WS and Sic moves for ~10k damage in 10 seconds like my relic SAM friend. Not even a Guttler would help me with that.

Either SE is going to have to step it up a notch for us somehow or we will always remain the black sheep. Now that I think about that, they should make our 3rd Artifact/Relic set a dark grey shade of the current AF...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Fairy.Heillon said:

It's bsts like you that give the rest of us a bad name, from the looks of things, bst is not in good hands with you sir.

MNK isn't in good hands with you either :/
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-11 22:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Heillon said:

lol coming from someone who hides his equips and doesnt have mnk item sets
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-08-11 23:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

bst :D ...BST! > all
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-12 02:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Heillon said:

Yes. He called out someone else first, whilst having pretty gimp gear.

I wouldn't randomly call him gimp out of no-where, but if he wants to start calling people 'Gimp' without any provocation he had better have top notch gear himself.
By Untamedheart 2010-08-12 08:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people's attitudes toward BST are changing after the latest patch albeit slowly. Granted at 75 BST was laskluster compared to the other DD jobs but with the new pets, BST is definately comparable to other DD jobs now. I certainly see a lot more BST around than I used to and with our growing presence will come more recognition.
 Sylph.Dobrusi
Server: Sylph
user: Dobrusi
By Sylph.Dobrusi 2010-08-12 08:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, I capped "Beast Affinity" but was it all for nothing now? 250k exp worth of merit but it doesn't seem like it matters now, unless I am missing something.
By Untamedheart 2010-08-12 08:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dobrusi said:
I have a question, I capped "Beast Affinity" but was it all for nothing now? 250k exp worth of merit but it doesn't seem like it matters now, unless I am missing something.

I think you will just have to wait and see unfortunately. No one knows at this point what the new jugs will eventually cap at or whether we will get any more new jugs with future updates.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Familiars

Your beast affinity merits still bring to 80 cap the familiars from Courier Carrie to the bottom of the list although they still have the need verification tags on.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-12 09:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Heillon said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fairy/Heillon It's bsts like you that give the rest of us a bad name, from the looks of things, bst is not in good hands with you sir.

I can't see how you can call my mnk gear gimp, so I dont have usukane, or black belt, big deal not everyone has a big LS or hours of time to get that stuff, my mnk gear is solid for what I can possibly obtain and you have no idea what you are talking about, so seriously, just stfu.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-12 09:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

IDK if you've realized, this thread was around BEFORE the update. In the original post, it clearly states this thread is nothing but QQ.

I'm loving the new jug pets and I can't QQ about them. They have the DPS of an average player.

But did BST get the update it needed? No. Is it a step in the right direction by SE? I like to believe so but only time will tell. One thing that really bothers me still, to be put on par with an average SAM, WAR, etc, it takes BST a lot of gear/money/merits/skill to deal damage effectively. A SAM or WAR wouldn't have that much of a difficult time.

I have no problem with BST DDing tbh, a decently geared melee bst & it's put could always do some nice damage.

But if you alone want to be doing damage of a pimp sam or war, as well as having the ability to solo such badass NMs and so many pet options....

Aren't you asking a bit much? BST shouldn't be as good a DD as pure DPS classes, otherwise everyone may as well be a BST instead of levelling both a dd class & a solo class..
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-08-12 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fairy.Heillon said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fairy/Heillon It's bsts like you that give the rest of us a bad name, from the looks of things, bst is not in good hands with you sir.
Yes. He called out someone else first, whilst having pretty gimp gear. I wouldn't randomly call him gimp out of no-where, but if he wants to start calling people 'Gimp' without any provocation he had better have top notch gear himself.

He called himself out by saying this:
Fairy.Heillon said:
I easily out damage any job I encounter.

Then this:
Fairy.Heillon said:
I know from experience letting a bst into the party instead of a mnk my party's kill speed doubled.

Where in my quote did I call him gimp? I pulled his equipment to show and let you all make the assumption of him being gimp or not after those comments he made. If anything I was making a point not to make comments like that unless you have enough experience and knowledge of the job to at least gear it decently and effectively.

I'm the last person to ever say anyone is gimp because of gear, but yes you should at least have gear relative to your level even if you don't have alot of gil, doesnt have to be the best in the world, especially at 55.

It's bsts like you that give the rest of us a bad name

What I meant by this is that if any other job comes to this page and reads these comments it is his single post that is going to stick out to them, rather than saying "Bst has great dmg and can really benefit a party" he says the above quotes that will only make it harder on all the other bsts out there that have been trying for years to make bst known to be a great job.