Obi, How Affect ?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Obi, How Affect ?!
Obi, How Affect ?!
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-08 22:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I think he is facepalming because Obis aren't MAB either while you seem to imply they are
Okay, look at it this way. Breaths don't get any damage boosts from weather/day. Obis take full advantage of the weather/day, which help (generally) things modified by MAB.

Only ways you're going to increase Breath damage are more HP, "Increases breath damage", and Magic Attack (Convergence)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-08 22:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-08 22:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How is clarifying my point a woosh ?_?
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-08 23:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva got it.

one odd quirk I've found with magical blu magic is that the spells themself are normally very accurate (not talking about the additional effect here). now, I haven't tested it, but my experience using magical spells made them seem oddly accurate (I first started with nq staves and a very bad build) when used against higher level mobs that should have resisted a lot considering my old build. if anyone has tested this, it would be a nice reveal considering how efficient magical blu spells can be in certain instances (currently it's pretty tough for me to do testing considering the different jobs I have and events my ls currently does).
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-08 23:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Abriel said:
Dasva got it.

one odd quirk I've found with magical blu magic is that the spells themself are normally very accurate (not talking about the additional effect here). now, I haven't tested it, but my experience using magical spells made them seem oddly accurate (I first started with nq staves and a very bad build) when used against higher level mobs that should have resisted a lot considering my old build. if anyone has tested this, it would be a nice reveal considering how efficient magical blu spells can be in certain instances (currently it's pretty tough for me to do testing considering the different jobs I have and events my ls currently does).
I haven't noticed any real difference in accuracy between elemental magic and blue nukes. If there is, it's probably very minimal. I tend to get resists more often than not on high-level mobs without stacking +skill/m.acc.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-09 00:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Ninetales twice here. Day/weather doesn't increase breath damage, so obis are pointless for them, especially when you could have an extra 40 or so HP.

And I, also, haven't noticed any real difference between enfeebling and blue accuracy. The main issue for blu here is tp. Blu's versatility is great, and most blu don't utilise it, but if you're using staff for all your debuffs then you're not getting the most out of the physical side of blu. Depending on what you're doing, that's not such a big issue, but if it's something high level, then you're going to want a good rdm debuffing as well, which means as blu, you're only there for the unique blu only debuffs, which are kinda average for the most part.

I'm not discounting this, it's just very situational.

As for lowing, well, plague doesn't stop regen, auto or spell, it only stops hp/mp being recovered WHILE RESTING. So that makes it a low tp drain on mobs and nothing else, with the exception of aspid, and perhaps uragnites?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-09 00:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
And I, also, haven't noticed any real difference between enfeebling and blue accuracy. The main issue for blu here is tp. Blu's versatility is great, and most blu don't utilise it, but if you're using staff for all your debuffs then you're not getting the most out of the physical side of blu. Depending on what you're doing, that's not such a big issue, but if it's something high level, then you're going to want a good rdm debuffing as well, which means as blu, you're only there for the unique blu only debuffs, which are kinda average for the most part.
Frightful Roar and Stinking Gas stack with Dia, which is pretty great, I think. Infrasonics is neat, too.

Quote:
As for lowing, well, plague doesn't stop regen, auto or spell, it only stops hp/mp being recovered WHILE RESTING. So that makes it a low tp drain on mobs and nothing else, with the exception of aspid, and perhaps uragnites?
Hmm. I guess I never thought about it before, but would Lowing prevent regen from the mob being unclaimed (like a DoT would)?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-09 01:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, there are a few debuffs that are okay, like Frightful Roar etc. But none of them really make fights any easier, certainly not like a good para/slow/elegy combo. Maybe they do for zergs if you can finish debuffing the mob before the fight is over.

And no, I don't think lowing would stop the unclaimed regen, but it has shorter duration, longer recast and is harder to land than poison/bio, so meh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-09 02:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
How is clarifying my point a woosh ?_?
Because you make it sound like MAB and day/weather are related. They aren't. Most nukes and magical ws for that matter use ALOT of stuff to figure out dmg. Breath spells use almost none. Throwing MAB in there as a reason why obis shouldn't work makes no sense at all. That was the whole reason behind the facepalm
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-09 02:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Because you make it sound like MAB and day/weather are related. They aren't. Most nukes and magical ws for that matter use ALOT of stuff to figure out dmg. Breath spells use almost none. Throwing MAB in there as a reason why obis shouldn't work makes no sense at all. That was the whole reason behind the facepalm
Yes -- and then I connected things that are modified by MAB (nukes, elemental WSs) to weather, and by extent, obis. I admit what I said was misleading, but that's why I explained it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-09 02:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Might want to add not effected by Magic burst, MDB, elemental staffs (probably the magian ones too), Multiple-Target Damage Reduction, mob stats, and probably magic burst bonus gear.
 Caitsith.Katas
Server: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-05-09 02:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Amen to the not enough skill gear, hopefully moving to 99 may open some things up but my hopes aren't high on that.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-05-09 22:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for all thoses informations.

i'll try to catch Dark/Light Obi atleast.