Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Widget Question
Widget Question
 Siren.Uhahguru
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Uhahguru
By Siren.Uhahguru 2008-01-31 13:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There used to be a way you could display your character data from the http://www.ffxiah.com/ into other webpages like forums or such. Community Blog says for instructions on how to display that data is listed on the FFXIAH forums. (this was there before the old forums was taken down) Now I can not find it. Please help.

FOR EXAMPLE:
<PRE><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.ffxiah.com/widget.php?q=equip&server=Siren&name=Uhahguru"></script></PRE>

Shows my gear on a webpage, what are the other widget codes? Please.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-02-02 22:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats it, there is a profile widget but it kinda sucks right now. Just replace "equip" with "profile".
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-02-04 13:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still getting the code typed into my linkshell forum sig--how do I fix this?
 Siren.Uhahguru
user: Uhahguru
By Siren.Uhahguru 2008-02-04 21:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The <pre> code was used by myself to show the JAVA, but these forums like some other forums disable HTML coding. Tried it without the <pre> tags?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-04-26 15:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any widgets that would show the other missions besides just the starting town missions? Have there been any new widgets made? I love using these on my LS forum. Thanks.
 Hades.Evilpaul
Server: Hades
user: Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-04-27 15:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Linkshell Community site doesn't list other missions, and that's where the information is harvested from, so probably not.

Is it possible to change the color of the widgets so that it works on a black or dark-colored back drop, btw?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-04-27 16:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The Linkshell Community site does list other missions i.e. Zilart, Promathia, Aht Urhgan / Assault, and Altana / Campaign. The profile widget only shows the starting town missions i.e. Windurst, Bastok, and San d'Oria. Like you mentioned the linkshell community site is where the information is harvested from so I don't see why those missions couldn't be included.
 Siren.Narayan
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2008-04-27 23:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg posted the current widget is some crappy one. Prolly not a priority to make a new widget lol

If the widget is updated, I'll be happy for one that shows all the info in the character data table.. except maybe the friends row lol or just the center row with all the accomplished info followed by the row that says server.

Could prolly make your own scrapper and use the DOM to target the specific table(s) you wanted if you were so inclined. They didn't use any specific class for labelling that section. Or be more clever then what I can think of when 2 seconds from falling asleep :)
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-04-28 00:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the first thing about making my own widget. If, however, it isn't too difficult I wouldn't be put off of trying. Do you suggest a specific resource or tutorial on widgets?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-04-28 10:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Widget stuff kinda got back-burnered when all the POL security stuff asploded, and most of our dev time was thrown into rewriting the forums, tightening security, and other features. We do intend to make the widgets better in the future.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-04-28 18:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks I can't wait ^^
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2008-05-26 16:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing I noticed while using the profile box is that they don't list DNC or SCH lvls.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [183 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Resheph
Server: Odin
user: Resheph
By Odin.Resheph 2008-11-25 12:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think there is a way to change the color of the text in the widget without altering the file the script is referencing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [125 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Demonicpagan
Server: Asura
By Asura.Demonicpagan 2009-03-30 21:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't mind seeing some progression with this widget, be nice to have as a forum sig (using the profile query)
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 21:45:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Holy hell, this was like triple necro'd. o.o
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 21:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Widget!

User submitted image
[+]
 Asura.Demonicpagan
By Asura.Demonicpagan 2009-03-31 00:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't mind knowing how to parse the info from the linkshell community to work on some projects i'd like to start up one of which could be a widget or something.
 Kujata.Gooby
Server: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-03-31 02:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried to parse the LS Community section but I'm assuming I can do it the same way as I parse the POL website for news updates. "DOM" google it for more info if you want to build your own.

Out of topic, we should have like a developer section on forum :p ..actually, I dunno how that'd work out.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-31 03:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
I like Widget!

User submitted image

WTF, I haven't seen that in a long *** time....
 Asura.Demonicpagan
By Asura.Demonicpagan 2009-04-04 12:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to use DOM to parse the LS Community, but not being very successful at it. Then again, I'm very new to using DOM and can't find any good tutorials for making use of it and php.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chocobits
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chocotaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Chocobits 2009-05-03 05:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you display item set data this way? I'm sure I've seen this done before, with only the equipment grid being shown for specified item sets.
 Cerberus.Wolftamer
Server: Cerberus
user: wolftamer
By Cerberus.Wolftamer 2009-05-03 07:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
I'm still getting the code typed into my linkshell forum sig--how do I fix this?

If the forum has http disabled you won't be able too. What you can do is get the forum admin to create a bbcode for it.

If the forum only deals with a single server (like a LS forum) than it's fairly simple. Setup for your server:

For phpbb3 :

BBCode: [ffxiah]{TEXT}[/ffixah]

HTML: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.ffxiah.com/widget.php?q=equip&server=Ragnarok&name={TEXT}"></script>

Help Line: FFXIAH Equipment Profile: [ffxiah]character name[/ffxiah]

Example: [ffxiah]Anye[/ffxiah]

Just tell your forum admin to add that, and you can put the equipment box anywhere where bbcode is allowed. Change the code above as needed for different forum versions.

If the forum involves multiple servers, then it's a tad bit more complicated. You will have to setup for 2 {TEXT} variables and insert them in the server and character slots.