Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21
 Leviathan.Scorch
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-04-30 13:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kingdom Hearts, the love won't stop.
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 13:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because the main thing I remember about combat is that you have really long cutscenes whenever you summon and somewhere in the game you find an item that encourages you to watch these horrible cutscenes so you can press square repeatedly at certain points doesn;t mean I know *** about the mechanics of the game...

Granted I didn't delve deeply into the mechanics... but then again... I still maintain they weren't that deep to delve into... Each character has a special ability or some such, but they generally have static abilities and stat growth, except for the spells which you gain spells by sucking them out of bad guys.

As squall you can shoot stuff as you hit them with your sword if you time the button presses right.

Something about limit breaks... probably related to damage you give/receive.

It's been ten years... the main thing I remember is that you could beat the game without leveling and with nothing but summons.

I will admit I made some generalizations, and I'll apogolize for that.

Doesn't change how I feel about the game.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 13:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I complained about the games Magic and level system. It was simply crap. At least the Materia system was interesting, to get charged up on spells in FF8 you had to find a random battle and sap as much magic as you could. How deep :\

FF6 and FF7 will always be my favorites. FF8 will always be awful. I give it multiple chances. I tried to start 8 at least 6 times before I just put it down for good.

Of course, it's not 8s fault that it had to follow behind one of the greatest video games of all time, being FF7.
^
This point is not debatable, it is fact. Look at the sales, the critical acclaim, and the longevity.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 14:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
I complained about the games Magic and level system. It was simply crap. At least the Materia system was interesting, to get charged up on spells in FF8 you had to find a random battle and sap as much magic as you could. How deep :\

FF6 and FF7 will always be my favorites. FF8 will always be awful. I give it multiple chances. I tried to start 8 at least 6 times before I just put it down for good.

Of course, it's not 8s fault that it had to follow behind one of the greatest video games of all time, being FF7.
^
This point is not debatable, it is fact. Look at the sales, the critical acclaim, and the longevity.

Final Fantasy VII is a bandwagon game, and VI was superior in nearly every way. The fact that it was the first 3d FF is what made the game popular, and have all its acclaim. The materia system was relatively shallow in the later parts of the game. (I don't see how countering with 5-6 KOTR was deep).

Sales don't mean anything about how good a game is, it simply means it was advertised well. Critical acclaim is a better reason to gauge quality of a game, but it's sill rather shallow. The game has no more Longevity than any other Final Fantasy game, the main story can be done in 35 hours, and the side quests consist of raising a gold chocobo and beating Ruby and Emerald weapon. When you compare that to something like Final fantasy X it is somewhat laughable.

VIII isn't even my favourite final fantasy, that falling to VI. I don't particularly find the battle system in VIII or VII deep, Materia is as bad as Junction IMO, both worse than skill gain (IX) and far below the best which is the job system of V.

(Also the charge up was an ability learned by GF's, not an item.)
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-30 14:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

/thread fix

Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 14:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

^

Final Fantasy VII is a bandwagon game, and VI was superior in nearly every way. The fact that it was the first 3d FF is what made the game popular, and have all its acclaim. The materia system was relatively shallow in the later parts of the game. (I don't see how countering with 5-6 KOTR was deep).

Sales don't mean anything about how good a game is, it simply means it was advertised well. Critical acclaim is a better reason to gauge quality of a game, but it's sill rather shallow. The game has no more Longevity than any other Final Fantasy game, the main story can be done in 35 hours, and the side quests consist of raising a gold chocobo and beating Ruby and Emerald weapon. When you compare that to something like Final fantasy X it is somewhat laughable.

VIII isn't even my favourite final fantasy, that falling to VI. I don't particularly find the battle system in VIII or VII deep, Materia is as bad as Junction IMO, both worse than skill gain (IX) and far below the best which is the job system of V.

Longevity has nothing to do with game length >.>

FF7 has established itself as one of the most recognizable games, along with characters, of all time. The spin-offs, special character appearances, and its ability to be recognized by everyone. Just because a game is popular doesnt mean its a bandwagon game, this is a cop-out people use to try to explain the games immense success. FF games were already huge, obviously seeing as there were a bunch of them on NES, SNES, and Gameboy. Would you rather be everlasting or forgotten? FF7 is everlasting. Sephiroth and Cloud are now icons in the game industry.

FF7 debuted on an experimental gaming system and became one of the greatest selling games of all time. This isnt bandwagon, this is called Epic.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-30 14:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, that's one bad *** ground hog!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 14:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

^

Longevity has nothing to do with game length >.>

FF7 has established itself as one of the most recognizable games, along with characters, of all time. The spin-offs, special character appearances, and its ability to be recognized by everyone. Just because a game is popular doesnt mean its a bandwagon game, this is a cop-out people use to try to explain the games immense success. FF games were already huge, obviously seeing as there were a bunch of them on NES, SNES, and Gameboy. Would you rather be everlasting or forgotten? FF7 is everlasting. Sephiroth and Cloud are now icons in the game industry.

FF7 debuted on an experimental gaming system and became one of the greatest selling games of all time. This isnt bandwagon, this is called Epic.

So, because Square have been milking the cash cow that is FFVII, it has longevity?

VII has always been over hyped by Square, this doesn't make the game better than any of the others.

And sorry, explain to me what VII has brought that was experimental? 3D RPG's? Materia like system?

All I see is another copy paste RPG that has too many fans who can't justify it's popularity other than "It's popular"
[+]
 Cerberus.Arteus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2010-04-30 14:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

DID YOU KNOW THAT TARUS ARE PEOPLE WITH SMALL EGOS?
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-30 14:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Arteus said:

Make me proud!
 Cerberus.Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2010-04-30 14:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Cerberus.Arteus said:

Make me proud!
SPARTA!
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 14:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

VII is hyped because it was great, you dont think they woulda done the same with with 8, 9, 10, etc if they had been as epic as FF7 is?

FF7 debuted ON AN EXPERIMENTAL GAMING SYSTEM, it was called the Playstation. A new system taking a big chance. FF7 was exclusively on a new system, with a new gaming company, with a system that was similar to one that died (the Dreamcast).

I am bored with this... You are honestly too stupid to debate with. I was trying to be civil but /facepalm.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-30 14:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Arteus said:
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 14:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
VII is hyped because it was great, you dont think they woulda done the same with with 8, 9, 10, etc if they had been as epic as FF7 is?

FF7 debuted ON AN EXPERIMENTAL GAMING SYSTEM, it was called the Playstation. A new system taking a big chance. FF7 was exclusively on a new system, with a new gaming company, with a system that was similar to one that died (the Dreamcast).

I am bored with this... You are honestly too stupid to debate with. I was trying to be civil but /facepalm.

Yes, because seeing as it was over hyped BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED it must be completely to do with the fact it was a good game.

And through your logic you could say the same about XIII then, it was the first final fantasy to be released on 2 consoles at once, one being a microsoft machine. Final Fantasy IV, first final fantasy to be released @ 16 bit.

Final Fantasy X first final fantasy with voice acting. The list could go on.

It's popularity stems from the fact that it was the first next-gen final fantasy, not the fact that it was a good game lol.

And sure, walk away, most people do when they can't handle people saying VII was mediocre at best.
 Cerberus.Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2010-04-30 14:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Cerberus.Arteus said:
:o
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 14:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your inability to read is why I choose not to take this further. Not knowing the actual meaning of the word longevity and then not being able to comprehend the fact that FF7 was released on an experimental gaming system attests to your lack of mental capacity.

Over-hyping... that's called advertising, as EVERYTHING is. Look at the games you see advertised and look how many fail to still live up to FF7. Your logic is flawed. FF8 was advertised just as much as FF7. If the "before-it-was-released over-hype" is true then how does FF7 still stand on its own today, years removed from it's initial release?

"Next gen" is a term you can use to describe anything and again shows your stupidity. SNES was "next-gen" when it come out, as was Game Boy Color, N64, Gamecube, Xbox, etc.

And your "oh well FF8 was released on 2 systems, this is a hindrance" again displays your 2-digit IQ. How is being released on MORE systems a hindrance especially when 1 of the 2 is a proven vet?

Go back to eating your boogers please and leave the big-boy talk alone.
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-04-30 14:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-04-30 14:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes, because seeing as it was over hyped BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED it must be completely to do with the fact it was a good game.

And through your logic you could say the same about XIII then, it was the first final fantasy to be released on 2 consoles at once, one being a microsoft machine. Final Fantasy IV, first final fantasy to be released @ 16 bit.

It's popularity stems from the fact that it was the first next-gen final fantasy, not the fact that it was a good game lol.

And sure, walk away, most people do when they can't handle people saying VII was mediocre at best.

It was a good game because it was a good game. There's always people who don't like specific games, but you're a minority. MANY more people liked 7 than hated it. I'm sorry if you can't get a grip on what that means. You're not going to change anyone's mind, and you might as well shut up since you always argue over stupid ***.

I'd also like to say that FF7 kept my interest going when it came to the Final Fantasy series. I played 1 then 7, and after that I tried 8. I almost lost faith in the fact that 8 was so bad, but if it wasn't for 1 and 7, I'd have never tried 9 and kept playing them from there on out. Every series has it's flop, and 8 was it. The majority states that, again. More people seem to have disliked 8 than liked it. Hell, I need to go look at some things here... Brb with some research.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-04-30 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

quite honestly I die a little inside when people tell me they loved final fantasy after playing crisis core. I do agree tho FF7 was mediocre but I enjoyed it! Maybe I'm weird or something >-> or easily pleased... lol
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 15:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on topic:

Only because it was the hardest freaking game I have ever played and I never beat it. Stupid-hard game!
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-04-30 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy

This is just the first thing I ran into, but it shows that FF7 had almost 10 million copies sold to include international.

FF8 only sold 6 million.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 15:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

The voice acting in x was so garbled and awkward sounding I couldn't ever stand to listen to it.

As for Square milking ff7 for all its worth, you are looking at it backwards.

Cause and effect doesn't go that way... Square is milking ff7 because it is popular. It isn't popular because they are milking it.

Saying final fantasy 7 is a mediocre game doesn't really hold water. Opinion does play a large part of it, sure, but people don't JUST like it because it was brand new on the psx and was 3d (really ugly 3d at that, atleast as far as characters on screen between battles. the backgrounds were gorgeous.)

Final fantasy 7 achieved icon status, your opinion of it doesn't change that. It just means you disagree. But it didn't receive that status because of hype or advertising... at some point you have to recognize that people actually played it and decided they liked the experience.

And yes people like final fantasy 8, are they wrong? no it's opinion. But if you want to compare 7 and 8 you have to realize you are comparing an icon with a game that will most likely appear at the bottom of most people's list of final fantasy ranked by how much they liked it, or in alot of cases, won't be on the list at all.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 15:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystic Quest or GTFO.*

On a serious note: I liked VII. It IS a great game. I liked VIII more though. That's MY opinion. You can argue all you want, but it's not going to change how much I enjoyed it in comparison to VII.

What you're all forgetting is that IX was so awesome that it kicked both VII and VIII in the testicles, then pissed on them.

*I like Mystic Quest. No joke. It WAS the first RPG I ever played though, so it might just be appreciation for getting me into the genre.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 15:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a winner.
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-04-30 15:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Back on topic:

Only because it was the hardest freaking game I have ever played and I never beat it. Stupid-hard game!
I played this game too and it was ridiculously hard. Never finished it either. Did you know you had to finish it twice to get the real ending? XD
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 15:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Mystic Quest or GTFO.*

On a serious note: I liked VII. It IS a great game. I liked VIII more though. That's MY opinion. You can argue all you want, but it's not going to change how much I enjoyed it in comparison to VII.

What you're all forgetting is that IX was so awesome that it kicked both VII and VIII in the testicles, then pissed on them.

*I like Mystic Quest. No joke. It WAS the first RPG I ever played though, so it might just be appreciation for getting me into the genre.

Damn right.

I liked 9 too.

You are perfectly welcome to like 8. So is flionheart.

I didn't like it... Vehemently didn't like it. If I can't change your opinion I can live with that, and I don't think any less of you or your opinions, there are tons of things I like that not many other people do. I have changed plenty of peoples opinions on viii though.

8 has demonstrably bad aspects, if you can overlook them more power to you. Just don't pretend they aren't there.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 15:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the game, but I regret playing it, because it was a total pain in the *** when you realized advancing a characters class as soon as you could made the end of the game harder than it needs to be, so you'd have to restart the game.

EDIT: I miss my Genesis.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 15:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dryzt said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Back on topic:

I played this game too and it was ridiculously hard. Never finished it either. Did you know you had to finish it twice to get the real ending? XD

YES! And it was supposed to be even harder the 2nd time... WTF!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 15:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
Mystic Quest or GTFO.*

Damn right.

I liked 9 too.

You are perfectly welcome to like 8. So is flionheart.

I didn't like it... Vehemently didn't like it. If I can't change your opinion I can live with that, and I don't think any less of you or your opinions, there are tons of things I like that not many other people do. I have changed plenty of peoples opinions on viii though.

8 has demonstrably bad aspects, if you can overlook them more power to you. Just don't pretend they aren't there.

Or just make things up about the gameplay because you never completed it. that works too for you it seems.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-04-30 15:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit fighting or I'll hump you both in my subligar D:
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 19 20 21