Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 16:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said:
What plot holes needed to be remedied in 7? Anyne thinking the spinoffs were to fix plotholes is dumber than this seagull I fed draino bread to. That ***was a straight up cash grab.

Not really, Zack was barely explained AT all throughout the main storyline, and neither was what happened to cloud at the hands of Hojo.

Sephiroths back story was never explained further than "lol badass soldier was experimented on" and Cid was similarly badly explained.

They created Crisis core to explain the story of Zack and Sephiroth (filling plot holes).
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
VII's story had similar plot holes. So severe that they had to make spin offs to remedy it.

Seven's story was immensely complex and hard to translate, I'm not using that as an excuse, because you are entirely right.. it's confusing as hell. The plot holes though aren't caused by bad writing, they are caused by information just being left out.

But even with the story line in 7 aside... the gameplay was incredibly deep for those who took the time to play with materia combinations.

Everything from making a character that could counterattack/death every attack to making combinations where when you died you'd spring back up and bring everyone back to life.

It promoted ingenuity and creativity and gave you multiple ways to do things...

In 8 all you could do was summon and press square.

You could customise characters by altering what a GF learned, and who you gave said GF too. And lol if all you did was summon every round in FFVIII, the summons were ***by the end, you should of been triple / Cerberus > Meltdown > Aura > Fast shot / Renzokuken / Duel.

the only summons that really had a use at the end was Doomtrain, Cerberus and Cactuar if he was at an ample level. (Tonberry's call shop was helpfull also)

Using the alternate abilities made the game deeper also, you had devour, heal and various other abilities that could be used if you wanted to.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-04-29 17:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Maruraba said:

[ img]jojo's big adventure[ /img]

Yeah, it was not. Just ugly and weird.

wat.

He throws STEAMROLLERS at people. That game can't GET any more awesomer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 17:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could just run away from everything but boss fights and the final boss would be level 7. *shrug*

As for the rest of what you said... I don't even know what most of that means. But as I said before... near the end I just really stopped caring about the game 'til I eventually stopped playing.

And that speaks volumes for how the game effected me. I didn't care enough about the story or the gameplay to finish it.

We could be arguing about favorite colors at this point, I don't think either of us are going to change each other's mind.
[+]
 Sylph.Kajihime
Server: Sylph
user: Chobit
By Sylph.Kajihime 2010-04-29 17:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people just dive deeper into some games than others.

Also, there really didn't need to be much more explained about Zack in the main game. He was a friend of Cloud's who tried to save them both. He was also Aerith's boyfriend until he died. I see o plothole there, and it was as fleshed out as it needed to be for the story.

Sephiroth's back story was that his human parents experimented on him in the womb, he grew up thinking he was different, and was initially driven insane by the realization he was a monster. He comes to grips with it and sees himself as greater than humans, and tries to complete his Mother's goals. Still don't see a plothole as it was all pretty well explained.

People are confusing plotholes with story expansion, which are completely different.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-04-29 17:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

FF8 was the only game I own that I have never been able to touch again after beating it. Ending was just as lame as the rest of the story. Worst ending ever...
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-04-29 18:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mario, once u played 1 the rest are the same
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-04-29 18:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anybody ever play Enemy Zero on the Sega Saturn? It was just bizarre. It had the point and clicky UI of Myst but also had a few FPS corridors.
You had to shoot an invisible enemy based on the beeps on a tracking system and when you were back in point and click mode you had to solve stupid puzzles.
I think I remember one of the puzzles was you had to press this videoscreen thing like 50 times in a row. WTF is that?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Or you could just run away from everything but boss fights and the final boss would be level 7. *shrug*

As for the rest of what you said... I don't even know what most of that means. But as I said before... near the end I just really stopped caring about the game 'til I eventually stopped playing.

And that speaks volumes for how the game effected me. I didn't care enough about the story or the gameplay to finish it.

We could be arguing about favorite colors at this point, I don't think either of us are going to change each other's mind.

The last boss was capped at level 70 at least.

You seem to be very ready to hate something that you know very little about :/
 Leviathan.Zephriel
Server: Leviathan
user: Zephriel
By Leviathan.Zephriel 2010-04-29 18:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 18:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Ferth said:

The last boss was capped at level 70 at least.

You seem to be very ready to hate something that you know very little about :/

All the mobs in 8 leveled with you. If the last boss was level 70 its because you were level 70.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-04-29 18:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

VIII isn't *that* terrible but it has some really bad elements in the gameplay and the storyline.
It was pretty annoying getting your stats up with spells by having to 'draw', 'draw', 'draw', 'draw', 'draw', etc.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-04-29 18:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

He said capped. As in highest. I'm just clarifying that, because I hated 8. Don't really care who's right about that, nobody's changing my mind about the worst FF I played. I even thought FF1 from regular Nintendo was more fun.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 18:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, he did say capped... I assumed from the context he meant floored but *shrug*
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-29 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I regret playing Soul Calibur Broken Destiny. Sux. Nothing good about it. And one of the worst things is how bad they made Kratos look. In SC, Kratos is just a cheap, broken character with an angry retard for an A.I. I've tried using strategy to beat him, only thing that seems to work is getting lucky enough to use a 'throw' before he can act and literally spam throws to either K.O. or Ring Out him. And by 'act' I mean his cheap-*** chain move that basically knocks you down, and allows him to wail on you till you're dead.

Complete waste of $20.

EDIT: Box art..
 Diabolos.Zealboy
Server: Diabolos
user: Zealboy
By Diabolos.Zealboy 2010-04-29 18:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:
Bought this and played through all of it, to see what the hype about it was. What I got was probably the most boring game I've played through in my entire life. Had the gameplay and exploration been like Zelda, it would be a lot better (does a wonderful world map). It took 80 hours for me to go straight through it, which is way too much time considering how simple the gameplay and story are. Why do people like this series?

I liked 8. I almost didn't buy it, as the only other DQ game I had played was 7, and 7 was AWFUL. That was the snoozefest for me.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-04-29 19:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I still think the best Squaresoft title is The Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 2
FTW
 Sylph.Taruzard
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2010-04-29 19:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
Well I still think the best Squaresoft title is The Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 2
FTW

Is that the one with the 6 chars you get to pick 3 and each one has their own story yadda yadda
Kevin Carlie angela Hawk(eye?) Duran and Lise? or is that 3..
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 19:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruzard said:
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
FTW

Is that the one with the 6 chars you get to pick 3 and each one has their own story yadda yadda
Kevin Carlie angela Hawk(eye?) Duran and Lise? or is that 3..
You're thinking of Seiken Densetsu 3, or what would have been secret of mana 2 if Square had brought it to the US...

And yes, Secret of Mana is one of my favorite games of all time.
 Sylph.Taruzard
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2010-04-29 19:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh, still they're epic games
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 19:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruzard said:
ahh, still they're epic games
Indeed.
 Carbuncle.Alessandra
Server: Carbuncle
user: Aless
By Carbuncle.Alessandra 2010-04-29 19:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate this game soooo damn much. Just thinking about depresses me and makes me vomit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Anhero
Server: Diabolos
user: Menth
By Diabolos.Anhero 2010-04-29 20:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tiaraa
Server: Fenrir
user: Tiaraa
By Fenrir.Tiaraa 2010-04-29 20:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dricent said:

Great Graphics but real shitty gameplay

...is this some kind of sick joke?
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-04-29 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Zealboy said:
Odin.Ahligieri said:
Bought this and played through all of it, to see what the hype about it was. What I got was probably the most boring game I've played through in my entire life. Had the gameplay and exploration been like Zelda, it would be a lot better (does a wonderful world map). It took 80 hours for me to go straight through it, which is way too much time considering how simple the gameplay and story are. Why do people like this series?
I liked 8. I almost didn't buy it, as the only other DQ game I had played was 7, and 7 was AWFUL. That was the snoozefest for me.

When a series has gone on for this long, the popularity of it is for the die-hard fan. Obviously if some random person who's never heard of DQ before will not like it. I liked this game and the music was awesome.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-04-29 21:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How would you do the ending for FF8 then? I liked it. I like everything so bite me. Many of you fail to see the idealism behind an RPG. It's a video game not a novel. You want all the backstory and how the character felt 10 years ago while taking a dump? Go read a book.
 Seraph.Corrderio
Server: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-04-29 21:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why this game sucks? Lemme make a list.

-Running in towns/dungeons DRAINS your HP
-You can only get EXP or items, not both
-Items mobs drop don't sell worth crap in stores
-To make money you need to DELIVER monster drops to a random NPC in a random city
-You can't target what enemy you want to attack
-Battles are so slow you can actually hold down the shoulder buttons to make battle animations go faster
-Story is a watered down version of Silver Star with a bit of a "War is hell" speech in it
-Final boss is the biggest letdown ever for various reasons
-Some enemies can break your equipment, and there's no way to repair it.
 Shiva.Scarymagic
By Shiva.Scarymagic 2010-04-29 21:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Corrderio said:
Why this game sucks? Lemme make a list. -Running DRAINS your HP -You can only get EXP or items, not both -Items mobs drop don't sell worth crap in stores -To make money you need to DELIVER monster drops to a random NPC in a random city -You can't target what enemy you want to attack -Battles are so slow you can actually hold down the shoulder buttons to make battle animations go faster -Story is a watered down version of Silver Star with a bit of a "War is hell" speech in it -Final boss is the biggest letdown ever for various reasons -Some enemies can break your equipment, and there's no way to repair it.

I hated this game I never got past the weird colosseum place. I think it was the most expensive DS game i've ever bought which made it worse.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21