Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-29 14:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Again, very self-explanatory. lol
rofl!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-04-29 14:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost forgot this one.

repetitive
[+]
 Cerberus.Carinde
user: Jacinda
By Cerberus.Carinde 2010-04-29 14:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
I almost forgot this one.

Assassin's Creed

repetitive

Nice concept; horrible execution. It's a shame when you have to force yourself to use stealth in order to feel a sense of tension.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-29 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
And this PoS I really did love that game untill the end when it just stopped. I was like WHAT!? .. Then threw the game away.
O.O You sir, have just committed a crime in my eyes. I loved Star Ocean til the end of time. You're dead to me, DEAD!

You have to admit that it ended very abruptly. I love the game untill the end when it just kind of stopped. That game could have been so much more. I still feel that "The second story" had a more complete feel to it than "Till the end of time."
It did end abruptly, I'll give you that. Overall though, I loved the game, and wouldn't say I ever regret playing through it. Could it have been better? Absolutely. But what game couldn't have been better? There is no perfect game, nor will there ever be one :P
 Cerberus.Ferth
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 15:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Bandwagon.

Only FF game that I played and never finished. Hated everything about it ESPECIALLY the magic system. For some reason the people who loved this game are really radical about it being great...

and i never played X-2.. i heard too many bad things about it.

I forgot about this game... which is amazing because when ever anyone brings it up I am incredibly vocal about how bad it was.

And yeah, I dunno why it has such devoted fans... But I do my part in convincing them to look at it abjectively...

"Oh, we all grew up in the same orphanage, we just forgot... and the guy who ran it was the principle of our crazy military school thing... and his wife is the evil witch we are taking down!"

So awful...
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-29 15:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Bandwagon.

Only FF game that I played and never finished. Hated everything about it ESPECIALLY the magic system. For some reason the people who loved this game are really radical about it being great...

I forgot about this game... which is amazing because when ever anyone brings it up I am incredibly vocal about how bad it was.

And yeah, I dunno why it has such devoted fans... But I do my part in convincing them to look at it abjectively...

"Oh, we all grew up in the same orphanage, we just forgot... and the guy who ran it was the principle of our crazy military school thing... and his wife is the evil witch we are taking down!"

So awful...

hahaha, i dont even wanna talk about the Plot. It was such an awful one. There was no drama and all of the plot twists were contrived and completely out of left field. At least in FF7 when we found out something, it was based on clues we had received earlier in the game. For example, Zach. We had a whole convo about Zach early in the game and then "BAM" we are hit with who he really is and who Cloud really is. Awesome.

Not like the "oh we have been together forever but never realized it until now"... I call BS my friend.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Bandwagon.

So awful...

If you talk about the plot with a negative inflection, of course it's going to sound bad.

The GF's are the reason for memory loss, and this was explained adequately in the game, if you weren't being overly negative.

Every game can be put in a negative light if you explain the plot badly.
[+]
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-29 15:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The first couple times I play 8, I didn't like it much. It took me a while to like it and I still don't think it's one of the better FF's, but it's not terrible.
[+]
 Shiva.Eggbert
user: eggbert
By Shiva.Eggbert 2010-04-29 15:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Elephants came out of the toilet and I think they were cops or something along those line. I had no idea what was going on but I didn't like it.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-29 15:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
The first couple times I play 8, I didn't like it much. It took me a while to like it and I still don't think it's one of the better FF's, but it's not terrible.

True, I mean I never even played FFX-2 cause i heard it was so bad. At least FF8 made it to my station lol
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 15:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
hahaha, i dont even wanna talk about the Plot. It was such an awful one. There was no drama and all of the plot twists were contrived and completely out of left field. At least in FF7 when we found out something, it was based on clues we had received earlier in the game. For example, Zach. We had a whole convo about Zach early in the game and then "BAM" we are hit with who he really is and who Cloud really is. Awesome.

Not like the "oh we have been together forever but never realized it until now"... I call BS my friend.

not to mention that the entire battle system can be boiled down to "summon, watch this long *** cutscene, and press square as fast as you can whenever we tell you to!"

And you can effectively beat the game at level 7 and just run away from all non-boss fights.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 15:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, the orphanage thing and not realizing they grew up together there a few years back, was explained by the junction system eroding peoples' memories, which also explains why Irvine was the first to remember said fiasco (he'd only recently started using junctions).

I used to think the story was pretty meh until the squallisdead.com guy and the other theory that Ultimecia is actually Rinoa from the future. Either one would actually make the plot start to make since.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-29 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually read that Squall is dead thing, and although it was VERY interesting and well done, it is still a cheap way out of plot holes. Bravo to the guy who wrote it though.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 15:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The GF's are the reason for memory loss, and this was explained adequately in the game, if you weren't being overly negative.

No, it wasn't explained adequately in the game, it was explained derivatively in the game. And you can get to that point in the story without ever having used a guardian force.

It's a contrived plot point that is elementary at best.

And it doesn't explain how the guy who used to run your orphanage now runs some weird military academy, or why his wife is suddenly an evil witch.

Going beyond that though, the dialogue was laughably absurd and anyone who disagrees is a "chicken wuss."

[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-04-29 16:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just couldn't really get into this one.

Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-04-29 16:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

***. Epic.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-29 16:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the big rigs one just won the title for biggest waste of money, ever. What the *** lol.
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-04-29 16:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a huge Capcom fan. My old Dreamcast was treated to Marvel vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3, and even the hilarious Project Justice. So naturally, I assumed that another fighter by them would be good too.

Yeah, it was not. Just ugly and weird.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 16:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the things people complain about in the game are hinted to previously by background characters/information, if you take time going through all of that filler crap.

Junctions ruining memory is in a book or something well before the orphanage thing.

Cid leading a mercenary group that's purpose is to stop Sorceresses may have something to do with his wife being a Sorceress since the age of 5 and wanting a backup plan in case she were to lose control of her powers.

Edea had been a sorceress long before she met Cid, so she was always a witch, just not evil. Squall is acually the one that told her she'd be possessed by Ultimecia, prompting them to start the SeeD program in the first place. Time Paradoxes suck though.

Cid's funding to start the SeeD Garden is explained fully.

If you read Seifer's....interesting library list, him defecting over to the Sorceress's side and his "Romantic Dream" are not big shockers and pretty well explained.

There's just a lot of ***that was alluded to that the pessimists never bothered to look for, so they just say it comes "way out of left field", when it's pretty much the opposite and -most-, not all, of it is actually the complete opposite and fairly cliched.

Yes, the dialogue utterly sucked though.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 16:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No, it wasn't explained adequately in the game, it was explained derivatively in the game. And you can get to that point in the story without ever having used a guardian force.

It's a contrived plot point that is elementary at best.

And it doesn't explain how the guy who used to run your orphanage now runs some weird military academy, or why his wife is suddenly an evil witch.

Going beyond that though, the dialogue was laughably absurd and anyone who disagrees is a "chicken wuss."

It actually does explain pretty much everything to do with that. Edea was possessed by a sorceress. I thought was pretty much explained? Cid was her husband and then went to fund and work with Balamb garden to try and save her.

The dialect wasn't exactly bad, And there has been far worse in other final fantasy games and are simply chalked up to the 'cookiness' of it. (Spoony bard comes to mind)
[+]
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 16:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
I actually read that Squall is dead thing, and although it was VERY interesting and well done, it is still a cheap way out of plot holes. Bravo to the guy who wrote it though.

It is well written (I just read it, myself)

But I have to agree... fixing the plot holes by saying it was all a dream is a quick fix.

Bad writing is bad writing. You can write all the eloquent theories you want it doesn't fix the actual problem.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-29 16:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

It is well written (I just read it, myself)

But I have to agree... fixing the plot holes by saying it was all a dream is a quick fix.

Bad writing is bad writing. You can write all the eloquent theories you want it doesn't fix the actual problem.

VII's story had similar plot holes. So severe that they had to make spin offs to remedy it.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 16:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I never finished 8. The orphanage twist pissed me off to no end. So a lot of the stuff near the end is very vague to me.

But even if you can forgive the plot holes the game just has no depth of play. The gameplay itself is simple and boring.

Tie it all together and it really doesn't deserve the hype. Are you dumb for liking it? not at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

To me its a game that focused too hard on looking pretty and fell short in story and gameplay. (in places, it fell short on looking pretty, too. Seifer's limit break was about the cheapest animation i've ever seen.)

Spoony bard is awkward but it has become iconic too. (personally my favorite engirsh line is in ff6 when kefka calls Edgar "Son of a Submariner" when figaro castle sinks below the sand, I was heartbroken when in the psx version they changed it to "Son of a Sandworm.") It was one of the first games that needed extensive translation so it can be forgiven for its awkward engrish moments.

FF8 doesn't get quite the same leeway. It had a budget roughly 10 times greater than 4. they could have spent more time in making the characters not sound like 4 year olds in sunday school.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-29 16:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What plot holes needed to be remedied in 7? Anyne thinking the spinoffs were to fix plotholes is dumber than this seagull I fed draino bread to. That ***was a straight up cash grab.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-04-29 16:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted, this was back in the 90s, but it is by far the worst game I ever played. It was boring and dull and the -entire- game took only a few hours to finish. I wanted them back. >,<;
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2010-04-29 16:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Asura.Exantra said:

That seal.. IS A LIE

Holy ***, I think I played that game like 20 years ago, and I think I rented it from a place called Bandito's Videos...

/nostalgia bender

Holy crap i think i remember that! was there a bit where u wonder around a sewer? lol

oh and this

drove me insane.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-29 16:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
VII's story had similar plot holes. So severe that they had to make spin offs to remedy it.

Seven's story was immensely complex and hard to translate, I'm not using that as an excuse, because you are entirely right.. it's confusing as hell. The plot holes though aren't caused by bad writing, they are caused by information just being left out.

But even with the story line in 7 aside... the gameplay was incredibly deep for those who took the time to play with materia combinations.

Everything from making a character that could counterattack/death every attack to making combinations where when you died you'd spring back up and bring everyone back to life.

It promoted ingenuity and creativity and gave you multiple ways to do things...

In 8 all you could do was summon and press square.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-04-29 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-04-29 16:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply