Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Ferth said:
Not finishing it doesn't mean I didn't play it... Sorry that you got butthurt that I don't like your child's namesake. I didn't make up anything. I may have misrepresented things and I recanted and apologized. The majority of my points are still valid... But if it's easier for you to pout and scape-goat other games instead of coming up with cogent arguments for why you swoon at squall's brooding feminismo then Akibakei is right, and you aren't worth arguing with.
Your saying things that are fallacious. You said that you could beat the game at level 1 because every boss levelled with you (wrong) you said this was the only FF that was completable at level 1 (wrong) you said to boost GF's up you needed to use an item (wrong) you said that every enemy was easy due to summons (wrong, they would actually be harder lol) I have no problem with the fact that you don't like it, but you like most people who say they don't like it, know *** all about the game other than "Hurr durr junction hurrrrrrrrrr"
Ok, so explain how someone like me, who played through the entire game, done EVERYTHING possible, explored every little nook and cranny, STILL hates it? It is the ONLY FF i've never been able to even put back in the playstation. I hated 10 nearly as much as 8, but I could at least stomach a second play through on that.

Personal preference, which I have no problem with when someone has actually played the game properly. Did you max out everyone's stats to 255?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 17:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Corrderio said:
Okay, one last one before I get ready to leave and to prove I'm not bashing FF7: If you can't make it out, the game is Final Fantasy II. While some love it, I found the growth system a very painful and mind numbing process. Pandemonium music in the PSX/PSP remakes was pretty good though.

FF2's 'skill' system annoyed me, too, but I'm ok with it. Now, FF5... I have no idea why, but I raged from start to finish. It seemed like the random encounters were WAY too frequent. No joke, I've literally ended one battle, took a step, entered another, ended THAT one, took another step, and was in another one. Needless to say, my Brave Blade deals no damage.
 Seraph.Corrderio
Server: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-04-30 17:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Another quick one since my dad is taking his sweet time:

As much as I love Zelda I am not a fan of this one, I was hoping this would play using the gamepad/buttons like the old 8/16 bit games. And it was pretty easy unless your hand wasn't steady.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy V is a masterpiece imo lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 17:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily explainable. The game wasn't to your liking.

I love Mystic Quest; I'm positive ~80% of other FF players hate the game. Does it mean I'm wrong for liking it? *** no. Does it mean 80% of FF players are wrong for disliking it? Not at all. It's all a matter of personal taste.

EDIT: Flion beat me. ***.
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 17:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
@kojo - eh, thats just nitpicky but Cloud did annoy me at times, but it was refreshing to me because it wasnt a "gold-hearted hero comes up and has no flaws."

I love that Cloud was a fake and a little emo, it give him character and even made the story better for me that this guy is going through a journey that isnt his.

I dont mind people not liking FF7, its those people who try to say "FF8 was the greatest ever cause i said so" who are the stupid ones. I said FF8 was horrid and got hit with the "no, ff7 sucks" bladestorm

Because you made comparisons between the both, then failed to explain why it was good further than it was the first to do many things.

I think akibakei was referring to the fact that both games have a main story point that relies on memory loss.

In final fantasy 7 the main character goes through numerous traumatic experiences that are revealed slowly as you play through the story and if you go out of the way to find all the little snippets of flash backs and because of this he has lost his identity. The way it's broached is done, in a literary sense, well. It is done well.

In final fantasy 8 every main character was present in a major way in everyone elses life in their formative years. it isn't alluded to in any fashion until bam suddenly irvine remembers it. then you have a confusing as hell flashback of everyone living in the same orphanage run by cid and ednea(that's her name right?)

From a literary perspective that is a cheap plot twist... it's deus ex machina... we explain this away because guardian forces make you forget things.

Whether you like either story is an opinion... But in literary quality, cloud's position is explained better and feels less forced.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 17:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
This.

The storyline was terrible (lol obvious copyright infringement), the voice acting was monotone as all get out, the combat was nothing more than a quickening contest (ESPECIALLY against bosses).
 Seraph.Corrderio
Server: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-04-30 17:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FF2's 'skill' system annoyed me, too, but I'm ok with it. Now, FF5... I have no idea why, but I raged from start to finish. It seemed like the random encounters were WAY too frequent. No joke, I've literally ended one battle, took a step, entered another, ended THAT one, took another step, and was in another one. Needless to say, my Brave Blade deals no damage.
FFV is like FFIX, you either love it or hate it. I'll admit it took me about 3-4 tries to get into it. I loved the job system however the only things that I hated were the "lost forevers" (Like if you didn't get Shiva on the first world, you're SoL on ever getting her) and how annoying some bosses were.

Some jobs were also kind of mediocre and the only reason to master them was for their mastered ability (Red Mage's Dualcast, Archer's X-Hit, Knight's Double Hand, etc.)
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 17:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because you made comparisons between the both, then failed to explain why it was good further than it was the first to do many things.

Actually I did not you ***. My first post, that i hated FF8, was simply a pic of the cover art. that's it. So go back to humping door knobs you piss-ant.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-30 17:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the multiple posts, I keep finding new games I hate...

This one because it's a fraud! Legend of Legaia was a bad *** game. No idea why this *tries* to carry on the name... They should of just changed the damn main characters look (which in itself is stupid when both games have nothing to do with the same world let alone the same characters...) and renamed the title and it would of been an okay game.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Actually I did not you ***. My first post, that i hated FF8, was simply a pic of the cover art. that's it. So go back to humping door knobs you piss-ant.

Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 17:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Corrderio said:
Another quick one since my dad is taking his sweet time: As much as I love Zelda I am not a fan of this one, I was hoping this would play using the gamepad/buttons like the old 8/16 bit games. And it was pretty easy unless your hand wasn't steady.

OH! Never played this, but I played TWW.. Regretted that. I quit at the big tower place. TP was good though, nice graphics for a LoZ game, and Midna was one of the cooler sidekicks Link got.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 17:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Corrderio said:
Quote:
FFV is like FFIX, you either love it or hate it. I'll admit it took me about 3-4 tries to get into it. I loved the job system however the only things that I hated were the "lost forevers" (Like if you didn't get Shiva on the first world, you're SoL on ever getting her) and how annoying some bosses were.

Some jobs were also kind of mediocre and the only reason to master them was for their mastered ability (Red Mage's Dualcast, Archer's X-Hit, Knight's Double Hand, etc.)

I too wasn't a big fan of ffv. The job system was fun but the jobs were terribly skewed. A full party of monks pretty much rocked anything, I can't recall what the other jobs were but there were a few others. Also, Red mages did just as much damage as a warrior melee and could use spells, so that made warriors pretty much useless lol.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 17:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Sorry for the multiple posts, I keep finding new games I hate...

This one because it's a fraud! Legend of Legaia was a bad *** game. No idea why this *tries* to carry on the name... They should of just changed the damn main characters look (which in itself is stupid when both games have nothing to do with the same world let alone the same characters...) and renamed the title and it would of been an okay game.

AGREED!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

At the end it was freelancer / mime onry lol.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, Trolls are trolls. So stupid and only argues against something to be different and attempt to show that one is cooler simply because they are anti-(insert popular thing here).

I am better and way, WAY more intelligent than you
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
lol, Trolls are trolls. So stupid and only argues against something to be different and attempt to show that one is cooler simply because they are anti-(insert popular thing here).

Yet you still fail to explain why FFVII is good.

Maybe next time you shouldn't draw comparisons with no argument to back it up LOL
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 17:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I had a soft spot for Mystic Knight. I ended up grinding to master everything (Except Necromancer) I used Mystic Knight just to mess around with.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 17:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Presenting the fact that it's critically acclaimed, best selling FF of all time (by far), iconic, and long-standing, yeah that's not comparisons. That's facts.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I had a soft spot for Mystic Knight. I ended up grinding to master everything (Except Necromancer) I used Mystic Knight just to mess around with.

When my party wasn't mime / freelancer onry I had

Sam
Nin
White mage / smn
Black mage / time

Got to love Spell-blade dual cast rapid fire lol.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Maybe next time you shouldn't draw comparisons with no argument to back it up LOL
Cerberus.Ferth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
@kojo - eh, thats just nitpicky but Cloud did annoy me at times, but it was refreshing to me because it wasnt a "gold-hearted hero comes up and has no flaws."

I love that Cloud was a fake and a little emo, it give him character and even made the story better for me that this guy is going through a journey that isnt his.

I dont mind people not liking FF7, its those people who try to say "FF8 was the greatest ever cause i said so" who are the stupid ones. I said FF8 was horrid and got hit with the "no, ff7 sucks" bladestorm

I think akibakei was referring to the fact that both games have a main story point that relies on memory loss.

In final fantasy 7 the main character goes through numerous traumatic experiences that are revealed slowly as you play through the story and if you go out of the way to find all the little snippets of flash backs and because of this he has lost his identity. The way it's broached is done, in a literary sense, well. It is done well.

In final fantasy 8 every main character was present in a major way in everyone elses life in their formative years. it isn't alluded to in any fashion until bam suddenly irvine remembers it. then you have a confusing as hell flashback of everyone living in the same orphanage run by cid and ednea(that's her name right?)

From a literary perspective that is a cheap plot twist... it's deus ex machina... we explain this away because guardian forces make you forget things.

Whether you like either story is an opinion... But in literary quality, cloud's position is explained better and feels less forced.

I totally understand if you'd rather fling poo at akibakei... but just in case you missed it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Presenting the fact that it's critically acclaimed, best selling FF of all time (by far), iconic, and long-standing, yeah that's not comparisons. That's facts.

Because it was over hyped, and people lapped it up.

You still haven't explained why it's a good game other than it's good because it has lots of sales.

It's mediocre at best.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 17:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
In final fantasy 7 the main character goes through numerous traumatic experiences that are revealed slowly as you play through the story and if you go out of the way to find all the little snippets of flash backs and because of this he has lost his identity. The way it's broached is done, in a literarly sense, well. It is done well.

***. In VIII, the characters would be common soldiers without GF's. They have to give up their memories to become powerful. It makes the characters easier to relate to, honestly. It's not hard to understand.

In VII, the characters are already supernaturally powerful and give up nothing in return. Cloud and Vincent are sorta explainable, they got injected with otherworldly beings. Maybe Aerith and RED XIII too, being unique races and all. But Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, Cid and Caitsith? Not so much.

And traumatic? *** that noise, Rydia had it just as bad. Her mother was killed, THEN her hometown got burned down, and was approached by two fairly intimidating looking men. THEN she was swallowed by Leviathan. She sure as hell didn't lose her memories. Did I mention was like, sevenish when all that happens?
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 17:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Read up, but I dont guess I should expect you to understand the subtleties of plot since you cannot actually read. There is no way to put this in all 3-letter words so that you understand.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Cerberus.Ferth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

I totally understand if you'd rather fling poo at akibakei... but just in case you missed it.

That would be your take on the storyline.

To say VIII's storyline wasn't explained isn't true and this is why this debate begun. It is all explained through cutscenes and a bit of reading.

Story is personal to who-ever is reading it, but what gripes me is people who say the story isn't fully explained, when it is.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-30 17:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

FFVII is good because it was a groundbreaking game that helped push the Playstation ahead of the competition. The first RPG that moved into the 3D realm. It had an interesting albeit hole-filled plot line. It could of been better but it could of been a lot worse. The characters were memorable and interesting although it spawned the legions of dumbass Sephiroth idiots... (Seriously, you need to *** get your head checked when you're idolizing a guy who stabs a defenseless woman in the back with a giant sword and wants to destroy the world with a giant flaming rock from outer space).

The mediocrity comes from the here and now. Looking back at it now, yeah it seems like it was over-hyped but back in its hay day it was a pretty bad *** game.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Read up, but I dont guess I should expect you to understand the subtleties of plot since you cannot actually read. There is no way to put this in all 3-letter words so that you understand.

Still waiting for an explanation on why the game is good, other than it has lots of sales.

There were no subtleties in the plot, it was pretty much clear cut.

The storyline was 'meh' and the gameplay brought nothing new or fresh to the table.

It was in all honesty mediocre. (Especially the character development, that was ***)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 17:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
FFVII is good because it was a groundbreaking game that helped push the Playstation ahead of the competition. The first RPG that moved into the 3D realm. It had an interesting albeit hole-filled plot line. It could of been better but it could of been a lot worse. The characters were memorable and interesting although it spawned the legions of dumbass Sephiroth idiots... (Seriously, you need to *** get your head checked when you're idolizing a guy who stabs a defenseless woman in the back with a giant sword and wants to destroy the world with a giant flaming rock from outer space).

The mediocrity comes from the here and now. Looking back at it now, yeah it seems like it was over-hyped but back in its hay day it was a pretty bad *** game.

So was super mario bros, I wouldn't call it the best mario game to date.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-30 17:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:

So was super mario bros, I wouldn't call it the best mario game to date.

Who said anything about it being the best? You just asked why it was good.
 Cerberus.Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 17:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Cerberus.Ferth said:
In final fantasy 7 the main character goes through numerous traumatic experiences that are revealed slowly as you play through the story and if you go out of the way to find all the little snippets of flash backs and because of this he has lost his identity. The way it's broached is done, in a literarly sense, well. It is done well.

***. In VIII, the characters would be common soldiers without GF's. They have to give up their memories to become powerful. It makes the characters easier to relate to, honestly. It's not hard to understand.

In VII, the characters are already supernaturally powerful and give up nothing in return. Cloud and Vincent are sorta explainable, they got injected with otherworldly beings. Maybe Aerith and RED XIII too, being unique races and all. But Tifa, Yuffie, Barret, Cid and Caitsith? Not so much.

And traumatic? *** that noise, Rydia had it just as bad. Her mother was killed, THEN her hometown got burned down, and was approached by two fairly intimidating looking men. THEN she was swallowed by Leviathan. She sure as hell didn't lose her memories. Did I mention was like, sevenish when all that happens?

Your points are about game mechanics, and they are completely valid. All the characters in 7 are overpowered.

I didn't say cloud's experiences were the most truamatic ever. But he was too weak to be a soldier... in desperation and shame he became a lowly grunt, and then became a guinea pig for hojo. he spent years (yes, years) stuck in a tube, until he broke out with zack. zack, a powerful, herioc image, everything cloud wanted to be so he became it, repressing memories of his shame and losing his identity.

This is a well formed plot.

In final fantasy 8, halfway through the story the decide to tell you that everyone grew up together, there was no lead in, there was no justification and quite honestly they could have made the story without the plot point entirely, but they decided to cram it in and use the junction with guardian forces as a vehicle for a totally pointless sensationalist plot point.

You can still like 8 more than 7. but it is, in a literary sense, a weak story.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21