Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait this game is gonna be so sick, Ryu and Dante ftw
 Bismarck.Zeota
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-02-12 19:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully Capcom's side isn't as outclassed as it was in MvC2. So far people are saying that Sentinel is a beast, though nowhere near on par with what he was in the last game.
 Sylph.Maruraba
Server: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-02-12 19:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting it on the 15th.

I'm still pissed that Squirrel Girl isn't in it.
By Artemicion 2011-02-12 19:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to how the more whimsical characters (like Mega Man) are going to look with the new gritty and more realistic animation.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-02-12 19:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe every single character released has a gameplay video of them.
 Bismarck.Zeota
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-02-13 07:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zeota said:
Hopefully Capcom's side isn't as outclassed as it was in MvC2. So far people are saying that Sentinel is a beast, though nowhere near on par with what he was in the last game.
No Mega Man this time around. We got Zero instead, which isn't exactly a bad thing. Personally I was hoping for the X series to get some lovin' this time around since Classic and Legends got characters in the previous games.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2011-02-22 15:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This game is great, it is actually taking alot of my FFXI playing time away. Being a long time fan of the series it kinda sucked to see some of the characters leave (war machine, cable, blackheart, captain commando, cyclops, gambit, ken) but most of the new characters are pretty bad ***.

Like MvC2 there are characters that are starting to appear far better than the other characters. This isnt that much of a problem seeing as how the game is alot more balanced than MvC2 where someone that puts the time and effort into learning a unique team can compete with the higher tier characters.

The upper tier characters seem to be Sentinel(which is still considered god tier) dante, akuma, zero, wesker, super skrull. Not really being one to pick only the best characters to win I stuck with my old team captain america, iron man, and sentinel.

To anyone that has played the other MvCs you will pick up the controls really fast. One thing I did notice right off the bat though is the blocking speed in this game is turned up so it takes longer to block, meaning you cant block as fast as you could in mvc2 so its relativly hard to go on offense and defense at the same time.

Like I said though this is a great game that every fighting game fan should play, you wont be disapointed.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-03-14 18:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

im bored, anyone wanna play some mvc3?

add me, my PSN is - MisterRyu
 Sylph.Michizane
user: Michizane
By Sylph.Michizane 2011-03-14 19:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ghaleon?!? since when do you have a PS3 :x Add me PSN is MichizaneFFXI :x but i dont have MvC3... yet >.>;
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-14 22:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Was playing this today and I realized a rather poor choice of names for Hulk's 3 Ultra moves...

Gamma Tsunami
Gamma Crush
Gamma Quake
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-14 23:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how almost every match has Sentinel as a third reassurance tank. Those same punks probably bandwagoned their WAR, MNK, and WHM to 90 in a day too, HUH.
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-14 23:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been sticking with Akuma/Iron Man and alternating a third, I haven't found anyone I really like, though I did have a good run with Ms. Viper for a while. I try not to use the bandwagon spam characters though. What I really need to work on is keeping my guys on the ground and setting up aerial combos. I went 14-0 and then got my tail kicked by some dude who never let me hit the ground once he launched me. I was kinda miffed because he was a low rank with like a 2-20 record and he whupped me so bad.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-03-16 08:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
I have been sticking with Akuma/Iron Man and alternating a third, I haven't found anyone I really like, though I did have a good run with Ms. Viper for a while. I try not to use the bandwagon spam characters though. What I really need to work on is keeping my guys on the ground and setting up aerial combos. I went 14-0 and then got my tail kicked by some dude who never let me hit the ground once he launched me. I was kinda miffed because he was a low rank with like a 2-20 record and he whupped me so bad.

that's pretty much the same problem i've been having with this game while playing online, i can beat higher tier ranked people and then the next match loose to some guy who is low rank with a 40% win rate -.-;

i started out with a 10win streak for ranked games and now i can't get more than a 60%~ win rate :/

i was thinking of starting a Mvc3 Tourney thread like how there was one for smash bro's, but im not really seeing that much interest in the game on these forums :<
 Bismarck.Hisagi
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-16 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get it why they didnt put the same live option of SS4... that suck u cant even watch the matchs there no tournaments and only 1vs1 =/
kinda disapointed... the game is cool too.
 Bismarck.Fonseca
user: Fonseca
By Bismarck.Fonseca 2011-03-16 08:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

what system are you on? I'm on 360 myself.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-16 08:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-03-16 09:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Titan.Lillica said:

that's pretty much the same problem i've been having with this game while playing online, i can beat higher tier ranked people and then the next match loose to some guy who is low rank with a 40% win rate -.-;

i started out with a 10win streak for ranked games and now i can't get more than a 60%~ win rate :/
My brother does that so much, its so annoying, he uses Amaterasu, Akuma, and Sentinel <.<. Used to use Zero instead of Sentinel, but yeah... :<. I personally use Chun-Li Morrigan and I haven't found a third yet.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-03-16 09:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this game, but people online are cheap as ***, lol, 90% of the people online use sentinel and i hate that cheap ***. for his assist they will use someother char with a beam likie projectile, like dr.doom magneto etc.

my fav chars are zero chris and x-23, i have found out that getting in prone position as chris helps alot when someone is being cheap with sentinel, also zero can charge his beam, while blocking and zeros fully charged beam over powers any non hyper projectile.

i play on ps3, my user name is Lynxblade, and im currently 60w-120l, lol
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-03-16 10:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
I love this game, but people online are cheap as ***, lol

Amen

my sis was playing the game a couple nights ago online, and some faker was playing characters with ranged only. while my sis managed to destroy one of her chars, she still lost due to time. this faker dared to send a msg SAYING "LOL you got pwned learn to fight!"
bloody cheap a-hole. >.< she showed me the msg, and i reported, tho not like reporting a player via xbl does anything. >.>
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-03-16 15:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

*** hate the ppl that use sentinel chris and taskmasker as range attack only... or the ppl that just do air combos *** annoying, my favourite team is jill dante ryu :x couldnt find a 3rd untill jill came out.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-03-16 15:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite team is: Trish, Ama, and Felicia
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-03-16 15:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
*** hate the ppl that use sentinel chris and taskmasker as range attack only... or the ppl that just do air combos *** annoying, my favourite team is jill dante ryu :x couldnt find a 3rd untill jill came out.

I've considerd selling it just for this reason, hard to just have fun witohut ppl just worring about getting a win.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-03-16 15:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Air combos are totally legit, brah. But the suppression tactics with ranged attacks and assists are so annoying and can hardly be perceived as entertaining by either parties.
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-16 16:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jill <3

Although I do miss "I'm a member of STARS!"
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-16 18:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I need to start being a *** and using sentinal too ><
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-16 18:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap/Ryu/Chun-Li

Chun-Li is probably my weakest, but I do alright at the game. I have a 1:1 win/lose ratio.
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-03-16 18:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always willing to play with ppl who dont hide behind range attks, same user name as here so pm me w/e u want if im on.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-16 18:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

played this game for the first time a few days ago. i wasn't very impressed. my friends have been obsessed with #2 for years and it's almost all they do and i never liked it much. the controls are way too simple for my taste. the new one is almost identical. it LOOKS a lot better. but that's about it. i was really hoping for some structure changes, but idk why. like any other fighting game, nothing ever changes. the game is really all about timing, not button combinations. other than picking your team, there's really no strategy to it once you know when you should assist or use your special. i'm quite perplexed as to how so many people can be pleased with it. i'd play just about any new-age fighting game over this. personal choice i suppose.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-16 18:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sentinel, I hate you so much.
Sooooo much.
I'll never -ever- complain about the top tiers of Blazblue after playing against Dark Phoenix and Sentinel.

...still
I wonder why Justin Wong isn't playing with them.
I thought he was a "Play for win" not "pick a char you like and go for it" type of player.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-16 18:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cerderic said:
played this game for the first time a few days ago. i wasn't very impressed. my friends have been obsessed with #2 for years and it's almost all they do and i never liked it much. the controls are way too simple for my taste. the new one is almost identical. it LOOKS a lot better. but that's about it. i was really hoping for some structure changes, but idk why. like any other fighting game, nothing ever changes. the game is really all about timing, not button combinations. other than picking your team, there's really no strategy to it once you know when you should assist or use your special. i'm quite perplexed as to how so many people can be pleased with it. i'd play just about any new-age fighting game over this. personal choice i suppose.

The game is a lot about button combos, and the timing at which you land them.