Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 39 40 41
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2008-12-09 19:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowarrior said:
oooh and the worse one... im always freaking tabbing on aim... AND esc-ing... its annoying! keep quitting windows and tabing to wrong buttons ; ;

This^ I hate doing that lol; ; I do it alllll the time... and typing /p, /l, etc in... ~_~
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2008-12-09 20:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pruviant said:
lol, while at work I type 3 letters of a word and hit the "Tab" key thinking the word will come up in Auto-translate ; ;

Sure, act like you dont do it too...

hahah i do that all the time. =x
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2008-12-09 20:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Auroralith said:
me and my bf play together and i seem to find myself calling him by his game name when i talk about him to friends and family. Also having dreams about playing ffxi is another sad sign i have ^^

=D but dreaming of FF is free :D no 13$ a month fee.

lol its bad when you dream of being in a pt.. an then log on the next day thinking the dream party was real Lol (wtf omg i delevled.. wait t'was a dream >.< ) =P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-09 21:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

one time I called for some pizza and told the guy that I wanted hare meat with a fire crystal.....

curse my cooking skills.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2008-12-10 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Disintegration said:
The other day, when I noticed a button on my stereo that said RDM, I immediately thought Red Mage instead of Random. Then a truck went by me shortly thereafter with the letters BST on it. A trucking company, owned and operated by Beastmasters.

I remember watching CNN once and saw on the marquee, "Obama to go to DNC" and thinking, "Obama is leveling dancer?"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Saeryn
Server: Ragnarok
user: Saeryn
By Ragnarok.Saeryn 2008-12-10 00:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bad habit of putting a space in front of anything I type in a chat window after I've been playing a lot of FFXI.

Also, my bf AND roommate, neither of whom have EVER played FFXI both know my Dynamis schedule and meanings of lots of ingame junk. Also, my manager kept asking if I finally got my Jueno clear after I ranted about it at work often enough. :x
[+]
 Kujata.Embem
Server: Kujata
user: embem
By Kujata.Embem 2008-12-10 00:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of RL friends who play, including my fiance.
I have done all of this stuff and more.
Once we all went out to a restaurant and were talking strictly FFXI for like 20 or 30 minutes and the people around us were looking at us like
"WTF are you talking about??"
Even my Mom knows in game lingo now and she's never touched a controller in her life.
[+]
 Leviathan.Minigoji
Server: Leviathan
user: Minigoji
By Leviathan.Minigoji 2008-12-10 01:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Woke up one morning to one of my rents yellin at me to get up. When they asked why I wasn't answering them, I replied that I couldn't find my LP >.>
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-10 03:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread certianly has made page 3...

had been a good read..

Wonder how far its going to go?

I used to dream about ffxi when I first started playing this..

not so much anymore.

-.-
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2008-12-10 04:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh. here's a sign,
doesnt happen anymore. but

when your spaceing out. an hear jeuno or MH music
 Alexander.Keldewis
Server: Alexander
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2008-12-10 07:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Co workers asked me if i wanted them to pick me up something to eat, my response, "I dont have any gil on me right now".
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-12-10 07:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you play too much when your Mom (urMam!), 1 Brother, and both Sisters decide to join you in-game.

Fortunately they came to their senses, quit, and now I'm getting hot dinners at night again~

Rip Annaya, Triss, Lutra and Qtaru.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-10 07:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I was out once drunk at a club and told my friend who plays WoW "This place is **** im gonna go pt", went home logged on and spent a hour trying to navigate around La'thiene Plateau... When i got on the day after found myself right in the bottom right corner of the map lol good times :)

I'm also always tabbing and esc-ing in aim too ><
 Fenrir.Shinjuryu
user: Shinchan
By Fenrir.Shinjuryu 2008-12-10 07:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah... sadly ive had some bad "Too Much FFXI" experiences...

1. messing around with my friends at my lunch table at school, one person slapped a friend at my table then i slapped him right after and said "skillchained your ***!" needless to say i was stared at...

2. i asked my mom to get me a stack of cookies before too...lol

3. when im bored in class ill take my pen and do weaponskill movements with my hands and pen

4. dreamed up a hole story solely to do with FFXI

5. in-game names all the time in RL

6. if an MMO doesnt have a dragoon equivalent i wont play it...

7. last time somebody said something smart to me i replied "wow...your sarcasm skill has risen .5 points"

8. i got purple (dragoon) pajama pants and call them "AF PJs"

9. lastly but most embarrasing i can do all /dance movements, all battle stances and swing animations, weapon skill movements to a tee for each race
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Redpheonix
By Alexander.Redpheonix 2008-12-10 13:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I'm bad when it comes to doing this i'm just gonna list everything I can think of.

1. I say True Stike, Too weak to be worthwhile, impossible to gauge, and other internet slang brb and lol etc.

2. When I'm walking past people I sometimes /check them to see if their even match too weak or tough etc lol.

3. I think of things in term of skill levels sometimes e.g my driving skill increased or my cooking skill increased.

4. I think about what level I am what stats are highest how much damage would I take from say being hit by a car or a bullet 5882 maybe?

5. I have dreamed about ffxi several times and woken up to realise I don't have the rare item I though I had or money I made.

6. While dancing I have inadvertantly done the Ninjutsu cast animation lol or held glow sticks like katana's.

7. I look at my clothes and think thats better for a haste build but this coat has more defence and is waterproof so +15 water resist :p

8. I bought a pair of red shin pads and along with some fingerless gloves made a pair of O-kotes lol. I basicly have a full Nin AF set.

9. I once told my friends I had to go back to my room in 2 hours to kill a goblin, the moldavite earring nm as he has a 2hr ish repop they were like what?.

10. I also think about the stat boosts of food did you know coke gives +10% haste? and that alcohol although giving massive boosts to charisma reduces your int and lol potency.

Little disclaimer: Now obviously I don't do this stuff regularly Im not a total fanboy or anything some of the things I did just to say I did them on a thread such as this oh yeah also i'm not ony kind of drugs or medication and I don't drink so what else can I do for fun haha.

I don't actually play that much been playing since september 06 have Nin and Rng 75 and have 79 days playtime in total I do no end game stuff at all and mainly just grow levels I have 3 merit points lol and 379 friends on facebook haha just thought i'd share that.
[+]
 Alexander.Mystic
user: mystic484
By Alexander.Mystic 2008-12-10 13:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've caught myself doing alot of "too much FF" things.

I would have to say is the number #1 too much FF moment wasn't even looking at myself when I went to visit a friend. everybody in his family played except his mom, days prior I told them I was coming and my real name is frequently used between my friends ingame while chatting. when I got there and said my rl name nobody knew who I was.. had to introduce myself and my exwife by game name.

2) AOL Yahoo Gmail.. pick a chat program tabbing for autotranslate, escaping to clear lines.. i've done it all.
3) "nope can't go out tonight guys, got (scheduled event) in a hr"
4) "sorry dear I'll call back later, in (pick something) atm"
5) dreamed of FF, one time dreamed I soloed kirin NIN in evasion gear.
6) find myself comparing all games to FF like its the public standard
7) getting pissed in WoW because I can't sell my old gear on the AH.
8) I have a bank account setup specifically for my MMO monthly fees so the accounts are always paid for.

the first 5 haven't happened in the past year... but FF is still the standard, WoW I'm used to but still hate i can't AH/mule my gear after i'm done with it, Still have the bank account going. And thanks SE, anniversary rings are back so I'm gonna have to log back on to get 1 before I miss out again. Missed the May ring release and the lottery by 2 weeks last time I started playing again.
[+]
 Asura.Lazera
Server: Asura
user: Lazera
By Asura.Lazera 2008-12-10 13:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you play too much FFXI when you're talking to a friend on Yahoo, MSN or whichever and you start typing out "/l" then you're message... >.<;;
[+]
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2008-12-10 14:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Raikan said:
You know you play too much when your Mom (urMam!), 1 Brother, and both Sisters decide to join you in-game. Fortunately they came to their senses, quit, and now I'm getting hot dinners at night again~ Rip Annaya, Triss, Lutra and Qtaru.

I knew Qtaru XD

My girlfriend and I have convos thru IM using emotes. I say hello by typing /tackle

Loved the AF pajamas one. As for the dreams, I had one wear I physically recieved my Relic +1 armor for PLD >.>
I had an LS member look at my Character pic and IRL pic and say they looked alike.
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2008-12-10 14:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

is the "/add any emote" not normal? >.> oh nuts no wonder people look at me funny when i go "/poke" on msn
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2008-12-10 14:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A week or so ago, I saw a car with the license plate "Argus" and I got excited for a second, like I needed to voke it really quick. Only for a split second though. >.>

Mostly doing game emotes on AIM or tabbing and escaping alot. :)
 Ramuh.Callidor
Server: Ramuh
user: Callidor
By Ramuh.Callidor 2008-12-10 15:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have called my dog Fenrir.

When I think of people I know IRL (people who don't play FFXI), I sometimes try to think for a minute about their job/lvl...then I remember that real people don't have those...

I have tried to /sea for friends IRL when they don't pick up their phones.

When taking notes or jotting things down for myself etc, I use FFXI lingo constantly.

I dream of FFXI pretty often. Most recently, I was a RNG with Annihilator. (My rng is 37 >.> lol)
[+]
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-10 15:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
I remember watching CNN once and saw on the marquee, "Obama to go to DNC" and thinking, "Obama is leveling dancer?"
Yes, let's hope he makes for a good front-line healer.
 Remora.Devek
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2008-12-10 15:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I gay for wondering what he would like like in his AF?
 Alexander.Neph
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2008-12-10 16:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Devek said:
Am I gay for wondering what he would like like in his AF?

Someone with too much time on their hands, please shoop this. :o

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Remora.Banefulwraith
By Remora.Banefulwraith 2008-12-10 18:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit the tab key constantly when trying to write words like true, good bye, and etc... then i am dissapointed when they don't show up in messanger
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2008-12-10 22:15:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have not once, but a few, or even several times wondered what sj to bring to school, or what job other IRL people are. it's so god damn embarrasing hahah
 Fenrir.Seigfreid
user: Futaba
By Fenrir.Seigfreid 2008-12-10 22:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started saying "See you again" offline. A lot.

Also, escaping on AIM by mistake and trying to use the auto translate on stuff :(
First Page 2 3 4 ... 39 40 41