FFXIV Streaming Video (about 3.5 Hours Worth Of Footage)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » FFXIV Streaming Video (about 3.5 hours worth of footage)
FFXIV Streaming Video (about 3.5 hours worth of footage)
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Blaize
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Blaize89
By Cerberus.Blaize 2010-04-09 03:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

One kind soul was awesome enough to record there adventure into the world of Eorzea.

http://www.ffxivblog.com/livestream-of-ffxiv-gameplay/
[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-04-09 03:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya they got banned from the rest of the Alpha/Beta test for it. lol
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-09 04:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Their martyrdom will not go un-thanked/noticed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-09 04:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was watching that live but it was so laggy and kept kicking me off every 15-30 seconds, needed to refresh page. Really annoying so this is very nice.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-09 05:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blaize said:
One kind soul was awesome enough to record there adventure into the world of Eorzea.

http://www.ffxivblog.com/livestream-of-ffxiv-gameplay/
Alexander.Garlend said:
Ya they got banned from the rest of the Alpha/Beta test for it. lol

Possibly more. Square Enix account lock, LM-17 before the game is even out, Fastest "YOU WON THE GAME" ever!
[+]
 Diabolos.Delson
Server: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-04-09 05:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

cool... but its hard to even watch those videos... the game play look laggy as hell... was annoying me.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-04-09 06:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Delson said:
cool... but its hard to even watch those videos... the game play look laggy as hell... was annoying me.

It doesn't look that laggy to me but I downloaded it after it was over instead of streaming.

It looks great for an alpha version. Here's the link without the lolblog: http://www.justin.tv/calvyno/b/261943051
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-09 06:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you download it? My youtube downloader won't do it lol
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-04-09 06:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
How do you download it? My youtube downloader won't do it lol

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8174

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6584

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2254

Any one of those three should work. I know sometimes you have to start streaming before they'll find the file.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-09 09:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if SE is upset or surprised by all the people breaking the NDA.

Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-04-09 09:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

Probably neither. I'm sure they expected it and know it's going to bring publicity.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-09 09:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

Probably neither. I'm sure they expected it and know it's going to bring publicity.
This.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2010-04-09 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kowen said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

You'd be surprised, generally companies don't take too kindly to NDA breaking, I can't comment on how strict SE will be, but by law they can take legal action and whoever broke the NDA has no legs to stand on, they WILL lose, so for whoever posted its sake, I hope SE are lenient.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-09 10:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, I figured someone would do this but not already. I hope that it's just the strain of taking video that makes it that choppy, or that his PC maybe cant handle it fully.

That or he didnt encode the video properly. It looks alright, i like how many emotes there are, but sadly that's the thing I'm mostly impressed with :\

the mini map is a nice addition too.

I dunno they have a ways to go before i commit i guess >_<
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-09 12:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If he didn't alt-tab to talk in mIRC every minute maybe the video might have turned out smoother.

Asura.Kowen said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

True, but some companies can be picky about NDAs. I guess it depends on how secret they want to keep the game details.

Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-09 12:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can be banned for showing footage?
[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-04-09 12:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i saw exp...
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2010-04-09 13:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

Screw SE.. they getting screwed over from now.. when the game comes out the RMT's will be back again and there aint ***they gonna be able to do about it. Maybe if there customer service/gm support wasnt so shitty ppl would give a dam and wouldnt try to screw them over every chance they get.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-09 13:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
i saw exp...

And...
Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Screw SE.. they getting screwed over from now.. when the game comes out the RMT's will be back again and there aint ***they gonna be able to do about it. Maybe if there customer service/gm support wasnt so shitty ppl would give a dam and wouldnt try to screw them over every chance they get.

U mad?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-09 13:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind guys that this is the alpha testing. This is basically the "This is what we have so far, what do you think?" kinda version. They'll be doing more bug and inconsistency searching than actual playing. This game is far far far far from being remotely completed.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-09 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's look really good, Can't wait until I get an invite or commercial release.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-04-09 13:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If u think WG is laggy i hate to see what the major cities in ffxiv are gonna be like.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-04-09 14:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Will watch the rest later, but first thing I thought of when the battle screen popped up was KotoR without Auto-Pause.
By DHoffryn 2010-04-09 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched some of the video shared by Pooky Poo and while I don't want to get banned from the alpha test I think it is worth pointing out the following.

1. To answer Phoenix.Kojo yes, you can get banned and all sorts of thing for sharing pictures, video or even information about the game that you see as an alpha tester. The NDA is long and very explicit and took me a while to read.

I can however understand why SE are being very protective though, while its nice for ppl to see the game which raises exectations of what it will look like, it is still very, very early and ppl can also form a negative opinion after seeing constant crashing, which is only to be expected at this stage of development.

2. The video does not (obviously) do the game justice, and while graphics dont make a game it is stunning to see and this video to be honest makes it look naff. It is not as naff as it looks here, it is visually very, very nice.

3. Because this in an alpha test, and the first one at that, only a small percentage of the game is being tested. While it was nice for the players to see it the real test was for SE to see how the servers would handle the interractions between instances and open area game play.

4. Of course the video is laggy, this was an alpha test where the servers were being hammered by all the testers desperate to log in to the same zone and play the new game. You should not judge the expected game lag by what you saw here, in general the server did well under the circumstances.

I hope that makes a few things clear and please SE don't ban me for my comments ;-)

D'Hoffryn
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-04-09 14:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get why he didnt record. blurr his name then post it >.> or at least film in in 1st person (if you can do that in FFXIV)

bleh
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-09 14:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Beats me Thunderz, I was watching it as he was streaming it, not only did he not hide his identity, he (she?) really broadcast it (http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=275173). This brazen disrespect for the NDA that DHoffryn mentioned should be punished pretty severely if it's as I understand. Apparently it's against the NDA to even mention that the NDA exists, it's very much a case of fight club rules.

As much as I enjoyed the video (opening CS whuuuut) and am excited for the game, I understand why the NDA is in place, and respect it. I've been lapping up every bit of info about FFXIV I can since I first heard about it, but I also think there's right and wrong ways to go about it. I think what we saw today really wasn't much more than what we saw at that German gaming convention last year or w/e it was, so why bother? The FFXIV youtube channel is more interesting anyway, even though they only have one video lol.

Anyway, I'm tired and rambling, I hope Pookypoo gets banned from FFXI and FFXIV when it's released as well as just being banned from the testing. ***, take legal action too while they're at it, always need a good sacrificial example of what'll happen if you break the rules.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-04-09 19:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Anyway, I'm tired and rambling, I hope Pookypoo gets banned from FFXI and FFXIV when it's released as well as just being banned from the testing. ***, take legal action too while they're at it, always need a good sacrificial example of what'll happen if you break the rules.

Why? >.>
I understand theres rules but he was doing people a favour, more than what i can say for the people that are just playing around and not reporting errors/problems(which is what the Alpha is for)

He got banned from the Test which is punishment enough imo.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-04-09 19:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Leviathan.Novax said:
i saw exp...

And...
Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

U mad?

Imad? not at all, i just saw exp. Which i was under the impression we wouldn't have. I was going to miss it.

Edit: Now that i fully read the other quote i don't think this was addressed to me, but if it was read above.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-09 20:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Leviathan.Novax said:
i saw exp...
And...
Hades.Hatekhaos said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
U mad?
Imad? not at all, i just saw exp. Which i was under the impression we wouldn't have. I was going to miss it. Edit: Now that i fully read the other quote i don't think this was addressed to me, but if it was read above.

The two aren't really related, I was just screwing around. I was under the impression that the class/job system in FFXIV was going to be a skill-based system, rather than an job level-based system. =/
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-09 20:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Interesting, I figured someone would do this but not already. I hope that it's just the strain of taking video that makes it that choppy, or that his PC maybe cant handle it fully.

That or he didnt encode the video properly. It looks alright, i like how many emotes there are, but sadly that's the thing I'm mostly impressed with :\

the mini map is a nice addition too.

I dunno they have a ways to go before i commit i guess >_<

This is exactly why they don't want people seeing the Alpha build. People are getting misconceptions about the game based on a very early (And primarly a bug seeking) build of the game, and judging the final products worth on it. That is why the moron who streamed it live got banned, and that's why SE made people sign NDA's.
[+]
First Page 2 3