Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » Shady Player
Shady Player
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-08 21:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping this short. Dragothe... This is the 2nd time I did nyzul with this guy. I recognized the name but couldnt place where from. Anyway, does Nyzul shouts and races to all brown chests and then disbands once Nyzul is done.

His excuse? "I never said those were free." Yes it may not be against rules but it is Shady, distrustful, and goes against those unspoken rules of partyship.

So if you do Nyzul with Dragothe then be prepared to race him to the chests or have him disband before he appraises. The first time he left party and wasnt leader. This last time he was lead.

Yes I know I missed out on Elm Shields or Subligars but its the principle.

Good day
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-04-08 22:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I think that the person organizing the run, using his disc to move the party, and using his tokens claims ownership of any item spoils in Nyzul. Unless it is specified such as "All items Freelot" etc., it should automatically be assumed that the leader has ownership.

I've had a few members in nyzul who do not want any nyzul armor or weapon but instead would rather take all the brown chests and keep the ??? items to him/herself. I think it's fair since they're not taking any armor, which is the reason the party was made.

If it is not specified and the leader is taking armor along with all the chests and you aren't ok with that, guess what? you can drop the party =D
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-08 22:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never had someone leave with all the ??? Items unless it was agreed by the party. Being host doesn't mean you can be a greedy *** cause they still need help from other people. Host has pick of armor already so just taking items and running is shady. If it wasn't shady then he wouldn't have acted the way he did. He knew he was an *** but with party disbanded nothing could be done. Some of these ??? Items can be equivalent to millions in Gil.

I just know I will never do nyzul with this *** again and I am making sure other people know his ways so you know what you are in for.

I didn't drop the party cause I figured this group was the same as every nyzul I have ever done. So I don't need your attitude. Even so he has done this without even being party lead.
[+]
 Fairy.Ligerzero
Server: Fairy
user: Ligerzero
By Fairy.Ligerzero 2010-04-09 13:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Personally, I think that the person organizing the run, using his disc to move the party, and using his tokens claims ownership of any item spoils in Nyzul. Unless it is specified such as "All items Freelot" etc., it should automatically be assumed that the leader has ownership.

because solo lotting a nyzul item isnt enough.

luck of the draw really, some people care, some don't. Only like... 4 NMs are worth loot chest anyways.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-09 14:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:

I've had a few members in nyzul who do not want any nyzul armor or weapon but instead would rather take all the brown chests and keep the ??? items to him/herself. I think it's fair since they're not taking any armor, which is the reason the party was made.

If it is not specified and the leader is taking armor along with all the chests and you aren't ok with that, guess what? you can drop the party =D
Dunno how it is on your server but that is NOT the standard attitude on mine. The standard is the player using their disk has exclusive lotting on whatever gear they are going for. Everyone else picks one of the other two pieces to lot, and all ??? items are free lot after being identified.

Anything deviating from this should be announced beforehand, otherwise yes its shady and said person should be avoided in the future.
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-09 15:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
Dunno how it is on your server but that is NOT the standard attitude on mine. The standard is the player using their disk has exclusive lotting on whatever gear they are going for. Everyone else picks one of the other two pieces to lot, and all ??? items are free lot after being identified.

Anything deviating from this should be announced beforehand, otherwise yes its shady and said person should be avoided in the future.

This is how I have always seen it done... and yes I am on a new server but I ran into this guy on Fairy and after he split with the items I put 2 and 2 together.

The first time he wasnt even lead. It was my shout and he just took the item and ran. Again it isnt about the gil or the loot its about the principle of being shady and everyone should know what this guy does before they party with him since he does NOT say this beforehand.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-09 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:

Such toolish toolery in this post. You're a tool.

Also, why would you do nyzul w/ such a gimp anyways? I wouldn't recommend doing anything with him purely based on player skill, w/e character flaws he has is just the icing on the cake.
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-09 16:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

he is a gimp? I never even /checked him or anything. He was a DD and I was healing so I just let it go. Sounds like you know of him being a gimp/idiot already.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-09 16:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

IT's the guy that TP's in wyvern helm, no? Drg
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-09 16:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he was on SAM last night. But he never pulled hate at any point.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-09 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, yea same guy. Guy got pissy because he was telling everyone that he beat me in ballista and that i sucked when he didn't know i was recording the fight
*** rode me for my gear "omg you are so awesome" and talked ***behind my back. Guy tps's in wyvern helm or did at the time and doesn't know ***about how to gear a melee DD.
[+]
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-09 16:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep that's the guy lol. I never checked his gear.. .must do that before I go into random shouts for nyzul. I was bored anyway. Hopefully people will at least realize he is a douche now...

no wonder he didnt have an LS
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-09 16:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My pc is a piece of garbage so the vid was kinda choppy. But did he actually use super jump? Giving you plenty of time to cure yourself? Not a ballista expert, but seems kinda counter-productive.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-04-10 10:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

Also, why would you do nyzul w/ such a gimp anyways? I wouldn't recommend doing anything with him purely based on player skill, w/e character flaws he has is just the icing on the cake.
Whatever, I stand by my post. If it's your disc you worked to get the clears up to that floor, not to mention you're actually shouting and putting the party together, and not just standing around waiting for a shout. What's "toolish" about my post? I only speak my opinion, if that makes me a tool then gdi I'm a wrench.
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2010-04-10 11:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
My pc is a piece of garbage so the vid was kinda choppy. But did he actually use super jump? Giving you plenty of time to cure yourself? Not a ballista expert, but seems kinda counter-productive.

He probably super jumped in an attempt to burn the timer on sentinel. Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Monk/pld in pvp is a beast. Pretty much any DD/pld in pvp is gonna be hard to beat.
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-04-10 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember him when I was on Fairy, he's a dumbass overall.
I remember him shouting and ranting in WG for Ballista.
People like him give noobs a bad name.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-04-10 11:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

HE also penta'd while flashed lol
 Carbuncle.Xandor
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-04-10 12:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

Whatever, I stand by my post. If it's your disc you worked to get the clears up to that floor, not to mention you're actually shouting and putting the party together, and not just standing around waiting for a shout. What's "toolish" about my post? I only speak my opinion, if that makes me a tool then gdi I'm a wrench.

/shout: need help to kill faffy. All drops are mine because I'm shouting and you arent. @ 1/??? please assist!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-10 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
He also penta'd while flashed lol

I don't play DD much, but this made me LOL!

Pretty hard for him to talk ***about someone after doing that.
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
Server: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-04-10 12:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
He also penta'd while flashed lol

I don't play DD much, but this made me LOL!

Pretty hard for him to talk ***about someone after doing that.

His penta landed, Veg flashed him like a millisecond after his penta. :<

Edit: Oh wait, lol. He penta'd for the second time after being flashed. Nurrmind.
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-04-10 12:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure his augments on Body was something stupid.. Store TP and /racc for drg \o/
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-10 12:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't completely disagree with you, this made me laugh,

"those unspoken rules of partyship"

Wtf is partyship. And maybe you should speak those rules instead of just assuming everyone thinks like you do.
 Sylph.Aleya
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-04-10 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffs, everyone in the pt should be able to have a chance at the chests. It may be your disc, but you needed those 5 other people to even do anything.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-10 16:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a made up word .. Everyone else caught the drift so maybe you shouldn't be a *** and use that thing on your shoulders for more than just a hat rack

there are unspoken rules in every thing. Sports, society and yes even video games. Again if you can't understand that then you aren't worth explaining it to. Some people get "it" and some people don't... Guess where you fall.

If an old lady is carrying groceries behind you do you just let the door close on her because "there isn't a rule that says I have to hold the door." no you hold the damn door. You few idiots can side with this guy but the "get it" crowd understands.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-10 16:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I shouted for ISNM so I get all K-ores.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-10 17:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Hey guys I shouted for ISNM so I get all K-ores.

It's only fair ~
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-12 03:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

when i do nyzul with random ppl, i am usually the person who shouted & is leader.

I usually lock 1 item for myself and everything else is freelot by seacom. there are a few ppl who actually wanna lock the ??? items for themselves which is ok. if no one says he wants ??? items theyre lotable for everyone after the run. why would you be a greedy *** as leader and take them for yourself eventho you already locked 1 piece for yourself while maybe 5 others have to lot against each other for an askar body or w/e.

if you have the opionen being a greedy *** is cool, you should announce that before the run so ppl will know you also keep the ??? stuff, because its definately not common.

ppl shouldnt do nyzul with noobs anyway :P noobs can go with their friends / LS members and learn how to do lamps etc first and not mess up random shout parties XD
[+]