Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Royal Redingote for SMN
Royal Redingote for SMN
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-04-05 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure this has been posted before but I have neither the time or patience to look through the forums.

Any suggestions on what augments to put on this armor for SMN?

I was thinking attk/acc for Predator Claws. Avatar prep -2 seems nice since i have neither relic body or Yingyang robe (tho I'll prolly get it at some point).

Saw that there was also DA+2% and crit+2%. Is that worth getting?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-05 20:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Avater perpetuation cost -2 is a given, it's a waste of a body if you don't get that.

Other than that, it depends highly on what you use SMN for but over anything else, I recommend MAB or MACC, for the merit BPs.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-05 20:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on what you want. Mine right now is att/acc and matt/acc for varied uses, but I'm probably going to change it to matt/acc and -perp since I almost never use pclaws on the things that I fight, and sometimes perp to wait for stuff, or whatnot (Plus free Garuda if I get it) so I'm most likely changing to that soon.

tl;dr How do you use SMN?
 Hades.Sephrin
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-04-05 20:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN will be one of my main mage jobs but I highly doubt I will use it endgame. Maybe for some NMs that SMN can solo or soemthing. Mainly it's for fun and other nonesense SMN can pull off.

I may do that and put perp -2, m.attk since the point (imo) of the exapansion bodies is to aug. in a way that not only suits ur playstyle, but also in a unique way with stats that you cannot obtain otherwise from buyable gear.

I may end up getting relic body at some point or yingyang robe. so that was my original question. Should i got for -2 perp if im likely to get these pieces?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-04-05 20:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're a big solo'er and feel that SMN Relic body just doesn't cut it for you when you really need it you'll find Perp-2 + any stat is a good combo.

If you're a big linkshell patron and you spend most of your time doing Summon > BP > Release, Focus more on 2 Enhancements to the avatar rather than perp as Acc/Atk Macc/Matk will fair you better in these situations.

Basiclaly what Niniann said all and all, just don't ever get BP Delay-4, No matter what anyone says its a waste of a spot beyond all wastes of spot!
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-05 20:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both and I'm changing it to -perp. Would be ideal to get a penance robe and have the stats I mentioned before, but not only do they not exist, they're about a salvage body in price(maybe more now?) @____@;
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-05 20:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Penance Robe, don't get the -2 Perp. Otherwise get it.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Celestialhell 2010-04-05 20:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
It depends on what you want. Mine right now is att/acc and matt/acc for varied uses, but I'm probably going to change it to matt/acc and -perp since I almost never use pclaws on the things that I fight, and sometimes perp to wait for stuff, or whatnot (Plus free Garuda if I get it) so I'm most likely changing to that soon.

tl;dr How do you use SMN?

thats how i made mine...
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Server: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-04-05 20:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DA doesn't do anything other than possibly gain TP faster. Doesn't do more damage for our avatars. Crit is on relic body for if you ever get that.

-2 perp can be bought for about 2mil+. So getting that for free is nice.

As far as macc/matt and att/acc, that's really up to you and what you use SMN for. My SMN's acc is decent so I use relic body for the possibility of crits on Phys BP.

I went with macc/matt.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-05 22:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Perp- and Acc+

If you are into physical BPs alot.

If you aren't, Perp- and MAcc+

Its really how you merit it, and how you gear it.

But if you have 317+ SMN magic skill, MAcc/MAB doesn't really help THAT much more. At least, not the MAcc. In that case, go with the Acc+ for harder to hit stuff.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-05 22:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to mention:

You would NOT be BPing in Royal Redingote if you have full relic, or even relic body. Unless its a very evasive mob.

Even then, if you have 330+ SMN magic skill, for BPs, relic > RR. Because you would have too much acc to do anything with. And BP- timer on full relic is needed if you wana spam it alot.
 Hades.Sephrin
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-04-06 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, you've been most helpful!

I'll still have to skill up summoning magic skill ><. It does affect the acc of BPs right?
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-06 13:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Sephrin said:

I'll still have to skill up summoning magic skill ><. It does affect the acc of BPs right?

It effects everything once it's above cap really.
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2010-04-06 20:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Hades.Sephrin said:

It effects everything once it's above cap really.
No it does not
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
By yuka 2010-06-11 17:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

summoning magic skill give's you more acc it help's it improve. but it dosent effect bp acc that's for sure.
 Leviathan.Fosco
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2010-06-11 17:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yuka said:
summoning magic skill give's you more acc it help's it improve. but it dosent effect bp acc that's for sure.
That isn't even intelligible.

/englishmajor

I have att/acc and matt/macc on mine as a macro piece for executing BPs. Although, I should probably switch to -perp and matt/acc as I got it mainly for the merit pacts..and I can use the relic body for Predator Claws.

/shrug.

PS Nini- /wave. ^_^
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-11 17:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

just did mine got -2 perp and mab/macc really noticed it with merit bps thought u want have least 3 merits into the bp to make it worth while also noticed sleep bp light nigtmare sticking more. One side note saw that with this on carby lost refresh compared to yingyang where was getting mp back. Also noone mention with lev cap raise everyone gonna be getting increased skill closer to the 317 so higher acc right there where mab/macc will always be handy no matter the level.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-11 17:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

An Optimized Blood Pact piece with Pet:ATK/ACC and Pet:MAB/MACC to macro in after you initiate a BP(Initiate in BP delay -) but before it fires probably would be the best.

Not sure if Perp- is really the best option over other things. It depends on what you use your SMN for, Mine is only used as HNM Artillery so that's where I draw my assumptions.