First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-15 11:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 66 - Evening:
Sutlac doesn't really fill me up, despite how good it tastes.

No, I'm craving something else.

Now that I've had some time away from The Turned and Demons, I'm realizing that I crave the hell out of vengeance.

Every few hours I still find myself thinking about tumbling over Meg, or killing her. I think about the conversation with the Star Sibyl and I think about how screwed the nations are. Mostly though, I think about the Gigases.

The Gigases, in some sick way, were the only ones willing to set aside differences and work the problems out. They were the ones who got over the pettiness of humanity and they were the ones, even in their simple heads, to see that only by banding together did we even have a prayer of making it out alive.

What's wrong with us, the five races downright blessed by Altana, that we can't get along?

The Mithra and the Tarutaru, outside of my motley crew, are holing themselves up like cowards. Bastok was mostly abandoned. San d'Oria, I don't even know.

I'm just holding out hope that the people of Bastok managed to flee, as well as that the San d'Orians weren't fully wiped out. I hope to Altana that we can recover and find a way to beat back the Demons and their Turned army.

I've been thinking about what the best course of action would be. Would it be to a full defensive war? Raiding the Northlands and destroying their land? Assassination of their leaders?

Do they even have leaders?

The only way I can think of to find this out is to spy on them somehow, and I'm not sure we have any way to do that. Do we just follow them from a safe distance? A small crew? A one ninja army?

The bells are tolling again. I guess this is normal here.

It's going to be a long few days. I have another audience with the Empress tomorrow morning. After the previous fight, the Vizier told me that they're trying to allocate resources to spare for my home land.

I think it would be easier if we just killed the leadership of the beastmen here, first.
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
Server: Shiva
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-05-21 17:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just re-read the whole thing, love it, keep up the good work :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Server: Cerberus
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2010-05-21 17:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

omg epic. I haven't read the other one yet, but now I will. Actually rather inspiring. Why do we not have a forum for our fanfic and character stories?
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Server: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-05-21 17:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This just keeps getting better and better :D
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-05-22 09:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Day 66 - Midmorning:

I just got a shiver down my spine that told me that someway, somehow, Alyria just brutally murdered something with either her claws or her guns.

Awesome!! Finally some blood and guts!
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-05-23 18:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My boredom is growing need MOAR story pwease.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-05-24 03:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow just read the whole story from the first first topic and i've got to say i <3 can we have more pls. :D
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-24 06:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 67:

I spoke about the idea of killing the leadership of the beastmen here. The idea had been tried before, but apparently there are so many Mamools, and Trolls that they quickly just reorganize. The Undead? Well, it's just like at home: they kind of just reanimate.

It's a bit messed up how nothing ever really changes; it's the same at home as it is here.

The leadership here wants to perform a full frontal assault, but the problem is that if you do that the other two tribes would just march in and take over Al Zabi and there aren't enough people to split up and hold Zabi while the other half takes over a fort.

We seem to have two possible ways to work around this: an elite strike team, or an undercover operation. An Elite Strike Team, like exactly what I was a part of. Only this time, we're not fighting decaying enemies that move slow; we're fighting lively, fast, powerful ones.

Which got me thinking, what if we got them to act against each other? From what I can gather, Soulflayers generally stick around the Undead Army. If I can make my hand akin to a Soulflayer's, can't I make enough of me look like it that I can kill the leadership of a non-Undead army and make it look like the Undeads sent a powerful Soulflayer in order to take more power and land?

I didn't mention that idea, merely that we should reconvene at a later time.

What I've noticed is that the more souls I devour, the easier it is to "Go Flayer". I've got the plan and I've got the ability to do this. It's time to have some fun.
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-05-24 20:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesom :) glad to have the story back, keep up the good work
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 21:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dwyte said:
Awesom :) glad to have the story back, keep up the good work
Agreed
 Asura.Shiroineko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-05-26 09:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

weee!:D awesome plan, must watch o.ob
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-06-11 00:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

mew?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-06-11 02:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

new to this~

and...

SECT I NEED ANOTHER HIT OF THIS DRUG!! DONT LET ME GO INTO WITHDRAWAL! ; ;
 Shiva.Dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-06-15 02:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Will this story ever be continued? I for one sure hope so
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-15 02:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He's to busy writing 100 page long love letters.
c.c
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-06-15 03:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

; ;
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-15 04:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:
; ;
T_T
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-15 04:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr

Anything over 2 sentences doesn't belong here. :(
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-15 04:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
tl;dr

It actually is a pretty good story and I wouldn't just dismiss it with a tldr. Although if your'e the type who never reads anything except game text then it makes sense as to why you would dismiss it so easy.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-15 04:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
tl;dr

It actually is a pretty good story and I wouldn't just dismiss it with a tldr. Although if your'e the type who never reads anything except game text then it makes sense as to why you would dismiss it so easy.

More or less, it has to strike my attention in the first sentence, his warning text or w/e u call it at the start was damn boring, I didnt even get to the story. D:

Can you sum up the story so far in like 2 sentences, vaguely? I *** hate books. If it's not amazing as *** I don't read it. Then again I complain about the general lack of education in the world and i'm not reading books, *** me.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-15 04:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
tl;dr

More or less, it has to strike my attention in the first sentence, his warning text or w/e u call it at the start was damn boring, I didnt even get to the story. D:

Can you sum up the story so far in like 2 sentences, vaguely? I *** hate books. If it's not amazing as *** I don't read it. Then again I complain about the general lack of education in the world and i'm not reading books, *** me.

Well super vaguely it is resident evil meets ffxi but that is leaving out a ton of other things.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-15 04:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

See, he should have called it "RESIDENT EVIL FANTASY!!!!! Chapter 2!" in call caps with 5 !'s and I would have totally read that ***. I might go back and try to read the first one he made now.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-06-18 19:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lol >.> perhaps you should read the first one dude. you can't jump into book 2 =o
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-06-19 10:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the amazingness. :(

My brain demands entertainment that involves a good story from Sect. :D
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-19 10:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Life's been busy and I've been working on my manuscript/graduation crap. I'll see what I can cook up this week.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-06-19 11:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I see. Sorry for being so demanding then. :D
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-19 16:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 71:

I'm starting to get a bit afraid of myself.

I'm hidden in what I assume to be the middle of Mamook. There's a dead Mamool Ja next to me. I had knocked him from behind and strangled him so he could make no noise, and I lifted him up and carefully took him into the small cave I'm using for cover. The part that scares me is that after doing this, I felt the undeniable urge to let myself "Go Flayer".

I gave way to the urge, and I came to some time later, my face covered in the green blood of the lizard man, my hands with bis of his flesh. I was eating him.

I have become the very enemy that which I vowed to destroy.

For a few minutes I had contemplated taking my tentacles and strangling myself to death, but a voice inside of me stifled it; it sounded an awful lot like Alyria, to be honest.

But the Galka from some three weeks ago chimed in; I heard him again for the first time since that final night I was in the cell. He told me that he could see what was happening to me, and that it was dangerous; it was dangerous, but that I could make it through.

I promised him I would try not to lose it. It's a bit odd, really. I killed him, I know that. I killed this spirit, and it sticks around inside of me, and it doesn't hate me for it. Why doesn't it? It's like he knows that I don't really want to kill people, that it's something else inside of me, something that's insatiable. Something that wants vengeance.

I guess he knows what I've lost. He knows what I've lost, and what I'm searching to gain. I guess, in the end, he knows that if I succeed I'm going to need to do the wrong things for one giant, almighty, "greater good."

It disgusts me, but I know that I'm only doing this to get back home with an army, and I think that I can deal with that. If not, then I'll figure out who caused this problem, and I'll kill them myself.

I wonder if the others are still searching for me. In my maps, I learned that there is a quick way to get back to the Bhaflau Thickets and into an Imperial Staging Point. I'll be banking on that to get home.

I should be back in Zabi soon. Tomorrow I flee home.

Tonight, I kill a Sage Lord.
[+]
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-06-20 02:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

:D:D:D:D:D:D awesome!!!!

i love you man, i freaking love you xD <33333333333 this story!
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-20 11:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The following entry has been recorded by Selim due to various complications that had occurred during the altercation.

Day 72:
When the boy had first fled, it was Caiyuo who had suggested that he would be attempting to do something reckless in order to try and speed up the entire process of getting an army to his home land.

There is a certain feeling that I get when I approach him; it is as though there is somebody screaming and flailing themselves upon a prison cell. I have learned that sometimes, it is best to simply follow the gut. So I had.

I had caught up to him by following the trail of dead bodies. He was getting sloppier, almost as though he was becoming too driven with the thought of killing to care if he had to kill, or as though he had begun to attain pleasure from the act of murdering. The last few corpses had been ripped open, parts of them shredded.

I watched him stop at a large mahogany door deep inside of Mamook. He leaned on the tunnel wall for a moment and his breathing sped up.

I watched as his clothing burst open and he turned into a Flayer.

It was, by far, the single most horrific thing I have witnessed in my life. His skin had seemed to stretch and his face, which was the last thing to change, had a look of pure torment on it. He was biting his lips hard so as to not scream. There was blood, some blue and some red, flowing from his lips. He was shaking, too.

And then his face began to grow tentacular and I watched as he waved his hand over his shredded clothes and they became deep blue robes.

He thrust his hand through the door and it shattered, and immediately I heard what seemed to be three Mamools scream out in shock.

One of them had a stave and stepped backwards behind the other two, who rushed forward to assault the cursed creature that the boy had become.

From what I could see, still trying to stay hidden as I knew this was a death trap in so many ways, the boy was toying with the two other Mamools. He was whipping at them and stabbing at them, but he was not killing them.

I heard, in the distance, Mamools talking in their own tongues. Patrolmen, I assumed, that had found the trail of bodies.

I then realized exactly what Sectumsempra was trying to do.

He had purposefully left the bodies. He wanted to be found.

There were Mamools hurrying now towards the tunnels our way, but it was a bit of a hike and I only knew they were coming because of the echoes.

Sectumsempra wrapped his tentacles around the throats of one of the Mamools and there was a loud crack as he broke his neck. I watched as the Mamool suddenly froze where he was, panic in his eyes.

And then Sectumsempra dragged him towards his mouth and tore into his stomach.

If he was trying to arouse fear, he was clearly working. He was eating the Mamool before it even had time to die.

There was a large ball of flame that assaulted him as the forgotten Sage Lord tried to kill him.

The Mamool Patrolment were coming closer now.

The other Mamool guard without the stave was trying to take this moment to slice at Sectumsempra’s tentacles. Two of them fell to the ground.

The boy glared at the other Mamool and opened his mouth, and fire spat out of it.

I do not like to advocate violence, but his tactic was so simple it was brilliant; he had roasted the other Mamool in their own manner of spitting fire. He was trying to create fear.

He was a walking terrorist in these moments as he dropped the first killed Mamool to the ground and the upper body of the second Mamool collapsed and turned to dust, having been heated so much. The Sage Lord was in a panic now.

Now was the time for the Sage Lord. Sectumsempra took a moment to take a heaving breath as another ball of flame came to him.

The boy held up the single tentacle left on his left hand and the ball of flame stopped where it was.

The patrolmen were almost here, and I had no choice but to jump into the room and hide in the chaos. It was a sort of theater setup, almost. The Flayer and the Mamool fought in the center of this sort of cavernous room where there were many tiers of stumps and half benches, as though he gave orders here or speeches.

It was funny to imagine a Mamool Ja giving a speech.

A few Mamools had come in through the shattered door and both the Sage Lord and Sectumsempra turned to them, and the ball of flame went to a good cause; it killed two patrolmen and badly singed a third, who ran away for backup.

As though this were exactly what he had wanted to happen, Sectumsempra then let out a deep cackle that sounded as though he was underwater. He lunged at the Mamool Ja.

With his one tentacle on his left hand, he speared out the eyeball of the Sage Lord and there was a shriek of pain. He took the Mamool’s stave with his right hand in this moment of confusion and rammed the sharp bottom of it through him. Sectumsempra kept pushing it through him and pummeled him into a wall.

The Sage Lord, still alive, was writhing on his own stave some two feet off the ground. The boy, the flayer, the monster, whatever he was… he struck his tentacle into the other eye. He took his other hand and placed it into the Sage Lord’s mouth.

I watched as the Sage Lord’s body went limp and his skull shattered as the tentacles shot upwards.

More Mamools had arrived, and Sectumsempra took a moment to turn and face them. I saw in his eyes the urge to murder each and every one of them.

He removed his hand and used his tentacles to break through the Sage Lord’s chest as the Mamools had stood still, frozen in raw fear. He ripped out the Sage Lord’s heart, and bit into it.

One Mamool rushed at him, and Sectumsempra wrapped his tentacles around his skull as he approached and constricted his skull so quickly that his head had, essentially, exploded.

The other Mamools ran, and rightfully so.

The boy let out a monstrous scream and his body slowly began to revert.

I jumped down to him as his body molded back into a human form and his clothes reverted to normal. With bulging eyes, he glanced at his work, and bowed his head. I grabbed him as he fell to his knees.

“We’ve got to get out of here,” he said between short, hollow breaths. “I’ve got enough in me to retrace my steps and take us outside of Mamook.”

I remembered nodding as he clutched at my chest and said an incantation under his lips, and we disappeared in a flash of black.

We were in the Bhaflau Thickets.

I dragged him back to the Staging Point. He’s currently back in the hospital.

There’s already talk that the Mamools have withdrawn from their stations surveying Al Zabi and have begun to organize into legions.

Sectumsempra won’t wake up; he simply screams and cries in his sleep.

I feel almost sorry for him. I know he chronicles everything, I see it all the time. I feel as though I must do this duty to him and record this for him.

I hope, if you ever read this, that you can understand why I did this. I feel as though if you do not make it that this story had to continue. Though horrific, your bravery may have saved a world.

Can we truly ask for more? If he can get the beastmen to fight themselves, though it is such a dirty tactic, he may yet end two wars.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-20 11:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Sectum wonderful as always. ^^