So Just How Dead Is This Server/game?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » So just how dead is this server/game?
So just how dead is this server/game?
By Lolwut 2010-04-04 15:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to get a little concerned. Been nostalgia'ing a bit lately; haven't played since late '08, and all this news of XIV and the level cap being raised in XI makes me want to play again.

Judging from what I've read lately and by how little forum activity there is pretty much anywhere you go, I kinda wonder if coming back would be worth it, or just soul-crushingly disappointing.

Is it still possible to get parties at lower levels? I've seen a lot of people being told to go solo on an alarmingly high number of jobs. Do people honestly not party at dunes/qufim/yhoat etc. much anymore?

I'm sure people still merit, if only out of boredom and having nothing better to do, but do people still do assaults and whatnot?

Kinda hoping the impending updates bring enough content such that XI sees a bit of a mini-revival before XIV hits.

Ragnarok.Suzzles
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Suzzles
By Ragnarok.Suzzles 2010-04-04 15:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

certainly still get low level pts here on ragnarok. qufim is as full as ever. valkurm not so much, but not to the exent that its dead. just means theres no fighting over camps!
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-04 15:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the new updates definitely broke the economy. We're in the worst depression FFXI has ever had.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
Server: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2010-04-04 15:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is fine. Economy is more or less the same, bar a few items like elemental torques.
Getting a party is also pretty simple, in the past few days Ive been in a few exp parties in the dunes and even one in MMM.
It is still very much worth coming back. In fact since Bahamut has been opened again its got its groove back and feels like it used to.
I see the occaisional shout for assaults, mainly nyzul. however I dont really spend much time in whitegate,so i cant give an accurate idea for that.
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-04-04 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Branwen said:
In fact since Bahamut has been opened again its got its groove back and feels like it used to.

^ The life has been restored back into it!
[+]
By Lolwut 2010-04-04 16:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Branwen said:
Bahamut is fine. Economy is more or less the same, bar a few items like elemental torques.
Getting a party is also pretty simple, in the past few days Ive been in a few exp parties in the dunes and even one in MMM.
It is still very much worth coming back. In fact since Bahamut has been opened again its got its groove back and feels like it used to.
I see the occaisional shout for assaults, mainly nyzul. however I dont really spend much time in whitegate,so i cant give an accurate idea for that.

That's really good to hear, thanks.

Siren.Enternius said:
Well the new updates definitely broke the economy. We're in the worst depression FFXI has ever had.

You mean the Trials of the Magian stuff? I would expect weapons that were previously BiS and AH-able would go down in price (I'm looking at you, Hagun), but what else happened? My only other guess would be the news of the impending level cap increase might cause people to think twice about holding onto certain pieces of gear, but honestly, this is FFXI, I'm sure people will still be using Haubergeons at 85 or something~
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2010-04-04 16:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The torque from Odin with +7 ele and +7 drk, made both of the torques bomb in price. Everything Ive looked into buying has stayed the same though.
Only wierd thing Ive noticed is Phalanx going from 10k to 150k. Unsure if ive missed something or RMT are price fixing it.

Oh I have to say aswell, at the mo Bahamut is rife with RMT sellers spam telling you. I get about 5-10 a day.
 Bahamut.Asaru
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Asaru 2010-04-04 16:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What I have to explain to the bahamut people is that, these rmt spam tells are common place on all servers. This was a tactic that was implemented after bahamut was closed, so most bahamut people have never had to suffer under the tyrany of rmt spam tells. SE invented the spam filter to help with this, but like everything SE does, rmt finds a way around it and not all the tells will be eliminated. Just enable the filter and cut the spam by at least 60%. The rest can be ignored. My only peeve is not at the RMT spamming me, but people going on moods and tiffs for half an hour in exp about how "god damn *** retard baby balls annoying" it is when every other server (save for odin) has had this problem for months and has not only learned to ignore them but continue as if they never got the tell. Something bahamut people are having trouble doing. Just stfu, RMT won't stop, use the filter, and keep playing the game, don't *** for half an hour. /rant

As for the new life on bahamut. Its wonderful, now more then ever should people consider server transfers. Its a welcome sight to see people lvl 13 or so in the dunes, no sub job, asking me for pt. I gladly accept and teach them all that I can. Thank you SE for giving something to Bahamut finally.
[+]
By Lolwut 2010-04-04 17:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.

RMT spam doesn't really bother me, as it's pretty much a standard factor regardless of what game you're playing these days.

At least I won't be competing against the entire 'Val-' crew for days weeks on end in Zi'tah for tree cuttings or whatever it was back in 05/06.

Spam tells are the least of my worries. >.>

Bahamut.Asaru
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Asaru 2010-04-04 17:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yea its pretty much the only RMT presence on bahamut server. Thats why I can't figure out why everyone QQ so much over getting a tell about 5% off their next order. Not like we have to fight anyone for fishing spots or farming areas. The only person we have that is on everyone's ***list is Box and his autoclaim on HNMs
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-04-04 17:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Spam tells are the least of my worries. >.>
This.
Phoenix has been somewhat fine, the price of a few things (hagun, PCC, witch sash) went down a few K, but they have been going up after the update.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.