2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Saudi Arabia News
Saudi Arabia News
First Page 2
By Trebold 2010-04-03 16:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/saudi-arabia-sorcery-death-sentence-upheld-2010-03-18

Do why religion make think bad people?
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 16:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it makes them think that by punishing someone else for their sins, that it somehow absolves them of their own. At least, that's how it seems anyways.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-04-03 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
[+]
 Seraph.Majinn
Server: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2010-04-03 17:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Trebold said:

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?

[+]
By Trebold 2010-04-03 22:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao, I love broken language. :D

Where'd the 'DRG for party' one come from? Wasn't that a legitimate post on here at one time?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-04-03 22:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:
lmfao, I love broken language. :D

Where'd the 'DRG for party' one come from? Wasn't that a legitimate post on here at one time?

It is from Allakhazam
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-03 23:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Trebold said:

[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-04-03 23:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow xD where do you find those pics? lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-15 09:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/6/newsid_3602000/3602189.stm

No comment
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-15 11:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point?

Before you pull up Hiroshima/Nagasaki, maybe you should do some research. After looking at every angle I could think of and writing several papers on it, myself and most of my peers were forced to determine that despite being horrific, ultimately it was the best option for both sides of the story.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-18 07:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Your point?

Before you pull up Hiroshima/Nagasaki, maybe you should do some research. After looking at every angle I could think of and writing several papers on it, myself and most of my peers were forced to determine that despite being horrific, ultimately it was the best option for both sides of the story.

You are right, and I can use what you are saying exactly for the first link posted in this topic. Hence why we have the lowest crime rate in the world, believe it or not.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-18 08:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point?

Yes, after looking at it from every angle you decided that the bombings 65 years ago was the best option for both sides.

You really have no idea how absurdly arrogant you sound, do you?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-18 08:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, this thread again.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-18 08:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep two countries at war with one another is EXACTLY the same as killing a man because you think he's a witch.

[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-18 08:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

20 more pages of ***, here they come!
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-05-18 11:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Your point?

You are right, and I can use what you are saying exactly for the first link posted in this topic. Hence why we have the lowest crime rate in the world, believe it or not.

The morality of the bombing of Hiroshima wouldn't make the first story any more or less moral. I think most of us can see it as an apples and oranges situation, i.e., it's not a useful comparison.

The reason why people are (were?) flipping out about it is because the man in question didn't do anything remotely deserving of death. Maybe he was a trickster and a fraud if he was getting people to believe in magic, but I should point out that nobody should get executed for practicing sorcery since magic doesn't *** exist.

As for the claim that you have the lowest crime rate in the world, I can't find a source that backs that up. Saudi Arabia does have a low murder rate (though I would argue that executing someone for sorcery counts as murder), but I've seen sources that put Yemen and Switzerland at lower rates (not counting Vatican City). And if you have a low crime rate because you execute every Joe and Jane who sneezes too loud, then I wouldn't be too smug about it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-22 03:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Maruraba said:
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Your point?

The morality of the bombing of Hiroshima wouldn't make the first story any more or less moral. I think most of us can see it as an apples and oranges situation, i.e., it's not a useful comparison.

The reason why people are (were?) flipping out about it is because the man in question didn't do anything remotely deserving of death. Maybe he was a trickster and a fraud if he was getting people to believe in magic, but I should point out that nobody should get executed for practicing sorcery since magic doesn't *** exist.

As for the claim that you have the lowest crime rate in the world, I can't find a source that backs that up. Saudi Arabia does have a low murder rate (though I would argue that executing someone for sorcery counts as murder), but I've seen sources that put Yemen and Switzerland at lower rates (not counting Vatican City). And if you have a low crime rate because you execute every Joe and Jane who sneezes too loud, then I wouldn't be too smug about it.

As ignorant as you are, maybe it's time to enlighten you about what's happening in the world, first of all "America" is not the whole globe, if you don't know that yet.

1. Your country has been living off the world's resources (mainly ours).

2. Your country is killing (and supporting) the killing of millions of people through out the world.

3. Your citizens are the most ignorant people on earth, because your government want you to be like that. (hence why they invented Fox, Sky, etc.)

Before you tell me that bringing Hiroshima in the discussion is not useful, you are making a big deal about killing a witch or w/e, where your "Satanic government" is killing people everywhere (and even your own soldiers).

And the bigger problem is that you are DEFENDING THE DECISION OF THE NUCLEAR BOMB!

Just how ignorant can you be.

Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-22 03:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to reply on your other silly point, yes we have a very low crime rate, and I'm not doing the research for your highness.
 Valefor.Endlesspath
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-05-22 07:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The reality of all of this is proven history ~ right or wrong the strongest are the masters of their domain, to use and do as they see fit. This is the cold hard fact of humanity. There will always be the weak; and empires will always fall, to give way to the next strongest empire. Some nation/country/alliance/kingdom/whatever will always be at the top of the "food chain", like it or not, right or wrong.

To see why (for now at least) we're at the top of the food chain - here's a few youtubes of brutal reality regarding technology and its advantages:

Lastly.. for the dreamers: Avatar is a movie - nothing more, pure entertainment for the emotions.

Do I wish we'd "all get along"? sure. Do I wish we'd all we'd no longer have wars and everyone would have peace? sure.

Unfortunately I have to deal with reality. Life's a *** and then you die.

[+]
By Trebold 2010-05-22 07:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Yep two countries at war with one another is EXACTLY the same as killing a man because you think he's a witch.

QFT
By Trebold 2010-05-22 08:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Forgot to reply on your other silly point, yes we have a very low crime rate, and I'm not doing the research for your highness.

What I don't get is that in the US, if people started putting "witches" to death or started killing people who left the Christian faith off, the public would be in an uproar. They wouldn't sit there trying to justify themselves by the actions of others, "Oh, well, this country did WAAAY worse!"

Why do you defend this absurd, meaningless death, when you should be questioning the morality of it? Instead, you view it as an attack on your society or culture. Yeah, right, like any culture should allow you to kill apostates or fake *** witches.

Anyone with any ounce of morality can see that killing on the idea of him being a "witch" alone is completely unjustified.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-22 08:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he really was a witch?!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-22 08:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:

in other words, you're not able to back up what you said with statistics, so its time to safeface
 Odin.Calbert
Server: Odin
user: calbert
By Odin.Calbert 2010-05-22 08:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With all due respect to all,

Saudi religious people need to understand the difference between future prediction and harmful black magic practice, I am sure all of you had some sort of déjà vu in your lives and told it to someone else and came true (too much Final destination ^^). I say send the guy back to his country if you don’t have any evidence of using black magic to hurt or separate people from each other.

Peace.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-26 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:

in other words, you're not able to back up what you said with statistics, so its time to safeface

Take those "other words" and shove it up your ***, I'm really tired of your small mind, this is gonna be the last post that I read for you or reply to.

here is a link http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri-crime-total-crimes now *** off
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2010-05-26 11:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw look, Naruto avatar kid thinks he's people. :)

Let's address this point by point.
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
1. Your country has been living off the world's resources (mainly ours).

2. Your country is killing (and supporting) the killing of millions of people through out the world.
If you're Saudi Arabian, I'd say the folks in charge of the oil there have been more than willing to sell it to us. Personally I think a lot more could be done to reduce foreign oil dependency, but don't act like we're stealing it from Saudi Arabia, we pay for it. And I'd actually agree that my country should probably be spending less time overseas and solving its own problems. Regardless, however, these are both non-sequiturs. The morality of those actions, right or wrong, doesn't excuse the death sentence for someone so totally harmless. Wrong is wrong, and you still don't seem to understand that "Yeah, but your country..." doesn't make another immoral action correct.

If I murder someone, then you murder someone, we are both wrong. My crime doesn't make yours excuseable. Is this really a difficult concept?
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
3. Your citizens are the most ignorant people on earth, because your government want you to be like that. (hence why they invented Fox, Sky, etc.)
And yet our government doesn't sanction the killing of "witches," because we understand that magic isn't real. Seems like you think this has been some personal attack, otherwise you wouldn't be resorting to petty insults. I'd agree that a lot of my fellow citizens are ignorant, but again, what the hell does this have to do with the issue at hand?
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
And the bigger problem is that you are DEFENDING THE DECISION OF THE NUCLEAR BOMB!
CAPS LOCK FOR EMPHASIS!
And no, no I am not, I didn't take a position on it. Sectumsempra did, while I pointed out that it was, like most of your points, a non-sequitur. Whether the bombing was wrong or right would not affect the morality of that "witch" getting the death sentence.
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Just how ignorant can you be.
I think I've displayed that I know how to disect your little "argument," and if you think I'm intimidated by a sentence fragment insult, then you're really "ignorant."

Oh, and to my other "silly" point, you still failed to prove that Saudi Arabia has "the lowest crime rate in the world." That source put Saudi Arabia fairly low, and I say more power to ya, but your claim is still false.

Tell me, how does that crow taste? :)
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-26 12:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, have a religious kitty. It will make everything all better.

First Page 2