King's Justice: Perdu Voulge Or Martial Bhuj?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » King's Justice: Perdu Voulge or Martial Bhuj?
King's Justice: Perdu Voulge or Martial Bhuj?
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-04-01 12:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I was curious if anyone out there has done much testing with comparing Perdu versus Martial while using King's Justice. I would imagine this being a difficult test to conduct and require many trials due to the random occurences of double attack job trait. If anyone has reliable information concerning this, I would appreciate your input so I can make a decision on which weapon I would like. Thank you.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-01 12:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Perdu will most likely be better for RR and KJ where TP isn't being help..Merit and such. Anytime you are holding on to TP for the start of a fight Martial should win.

I haven't done any testing and I don't currently even own a Martial anymore..this is just pure speculation.

If I may ask what types of things do you do with said GA, are we talking only merits or events like..Einherjar, Dynamis, Kirin, Gods, Nyzul..just curious.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-01 12:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easy enough to math out, but I'm going to be lazy and give you the answer without the math. If you're WSing freely use Perdu; if you're holding TP, TPing on mobs other than your primary target, or your WS:TP split is otherwise skewed towards WS more than usual, use Martial.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-04-01 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

crazy colors!

edit~ i got infected too =/
 Bahamut.Jakel
user: Jakel12
By Bahamut.Jakel 2010-04-01 12:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is not what the OP asked but, is rune chopper trash or is there any way where it is a decent choice with some work?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-01 13:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jakel said:
I know this is not what the OP asked but, is rune chopper trash or is there any way where it is a decent choice with some work?
If your RDM is up for Refreshing you, it's incredibly powerful with full Haste buffs (Hasso + Haste + Marches, ideally Haste Samba) and a specialized TP build capitalizing on the additional Haste. Just be aware that RC's Haste counts towards the gear haste cap.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-04-01 13:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

sanction refresh, fov refresh, and what you can get in the past make it a pretty good weapon.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-01 13:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Rune Chopper work full time if you had only 1/tick passive refresh via Sanction/Sigil/FoV?
By Sheelay 2010-04-01 13:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Perdu Voulge will beat M Buji in most situations because of its' higher DMG and the Accuracy and Attack Bonus during WS.
On the other hand, should you find yorself with some extra TP (building TP to SATA WS a tank or such), M Buji may land biger numbersr.
Also, if you were to fully merit savagery that would allow you to use M Buji even more effectively while under the effect of Warcry, as it would account as having a total of 300 TP with just half the real ammount (100 tp bonus from M Buji and 50 tp bonus from Savagery while under the effect of Warcry).
As for Rune chopper, it's a really funny weapon to have, as long as you have some MP merits (I would never suggest sacrificing some armor slots to gain MP but Kirin's Osode is somewhat ideal for this purpose) and enough refresh to cover for the 3MP/Tick loss from it.
Getting 1 or 2 MP won't allow you to gain full benefit of the latent, it will smply stretch the countdown to halving the effect. You need to at least keep your MP pool steady to be sure you get the bonuses all the time.
Depending on circumstances ( 1-3 Bards, Refresh or no ) I use Rune chopper or Fortitude Axe for Zergs mainly, but if you find yourself in a merit party and the RDM doesn't mind bumping you with a Refresh, then I love Rune chopper.
Haste cap FTW.

Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-01 13:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Colorrrrrrrrrrs
But yeah, what everyone else said, MB if meditating or tping on other mobs and WS on mob in question, Perdu for general use.
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2010-04-01 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Would Rune Chopper work full time if you had only 1/tick passive refresh via Sanction/Sigil/FoV?

I do that in Campaign, the effect is on every other tic, works nicely.

Rune chopper + WAR/DNC is fun. Aspir samba and its constant :P
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-01 14:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Haste from RC is applied to haste cap shouldn't it be wicked easy to get to cap then?

I just might have to try it if I ever find a worthy dnc to merit with..