FFXIV Will Be RMT Funded!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » News » FFXIV will be RMT funded!
FFXIV will be RMT funded!
 Fenrir.Maiev
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Maiev
By Fenrir.Maiev 2010-04-01 11:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it seems like they are going for other Korean MMO models, to scrap monthly fees and just make everyone pay for their gear.

Kinda good for casual players!

Post here.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-01 11:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

old news is old
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-01 11:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-01 11:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If this isn't an april fools joke:

what is with all these big companies (last i looked, Sega did this too) turning pay-to-play into cash shop games?

it's called a "Cash Shop" people. it's basically legal RMT.

Sega did it with Phantasy Star Universe (only on the JP servers right now. they have free play but limited stuff and RMT for boosted missions and items and stuff like that) it's starting to be not that rare now. The reason why they're doing this is because the economy is sucking balls right now and people are leaving the game, and in order to keep thier fanbase happy, they did this. of course that means you need money to get cool stuff.

if this is fake: lolCashShop
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-01 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting in a purple title thread.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-01 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
If this isn't an april fools joke:

what is with all these big companies (last i looked, Sega did this too) turning pay-to-play into cash shop games?

it's called a "Cash Shop" people. it's basically legal RMT.

Sega did it with Phantasy Star Universe (only on the JP servers right now. they have free play but limited stuff and RMT for boosted missions and items and stuff like that) it's starting to be not that common now. The reason why they're doing this is because the economy is sucking balls right now and people are leaving the game, and in order to keep thier fanbase happy, they did this. of course that means you need money to get cool stuff.

if this is fake: lolCashShop

click on the google link in OP's blog
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-01 11:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
If this isn't an april fools joke: what is with all these big companies (last i looked, Sega did this too) turning pay-to-play into cash shop games? it's called a "Cash Shop" people. it's basically legal RMT. Sega did it with Phantasy Star Universe (only on the JP servers right now. they have free play but limited stuff and RMT for boosted missions and items and stuff like that) it's starting to be not that common now. The reason why they're doing this is because the economy is sucking balls right now and people are leaving the game, and in order to keep thier fanbase happy, they did this. of course that means you need money to get cool stuff. if this is fake: lolCashShop
click on the google link in OP's blog
april fools joke or not, it won't suprise me

that's what i meant.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-04-01 11:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tidal Talisman, Nexus Cape, Baby Chocobo, and VanaFest goodies. Isn't SE already do this?
[+]
 Asura.Endelig
Server: Asura
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2010-04-01 11:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh april fools how silly you are.
I'm still gonna Topeka this to get some info, but I suspect silliness.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-04-01 11:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Rikiyame said:
Tidal Talisman, Nexus Cape, Baby Chocobo, and VanaFest goodies. Isn't SE already do this?

Yes but only to items of insignificant game balance. Being 8 years into the game already, it would cause a total riot to pull this off as people who spent much effort and time to achieve what they got, would be slighted as anyone with deep pockets or mommy's credit card could get their hands on it unjustly.

Only works if you do this immediately upon release of the game.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-01 11:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Endelig said:
Oh april fools how silly you are. I'm still gonna Topeka this to get some info, but I suspect silliness.
lol topeka