Uriel Blade!
First Page 2
 Asura.Cruxis
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxis
By Asura.Cruxis 2010-03-29 03:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Griffinclaw and tried testing out the damage on Campaign. Here is the highest I've done so far...

Here what it looks like from this angle.

and this what it has
Griffinclaw
DMG: 41 Delay: 240
Campaign: Accuracy+20 "Uriel Blade"
Lv. 73 WAR/RDM/PLD/DRK/BLU/COR

Now I'm going to sleep. Wanted to post this before I go to sleep.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-29 04:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You happen to remember what SC was before that? If that's the highest you can get from that WS, I don't feel so bad not having that weapon. I can do better Pentas with a Thally.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-29 04:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Uriel Blade is Fragmentation based. Wiki says it "needs confirmation" and my buddy has it, and self SCed with it on blu. It is most certainly Fragmentation based. But he said his dmg is wicked low with it...anybody have the same results? Does anybody have any really high dmg SS's of Uriel Blade?
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-03-29 04:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The dmg is low unless you have a big group of mobs.

The more mobs you have surrounding you, the higher the dmg. My boi Superman did 700+ to his main mob and then 800+ to the surrounding mobs yeseterday afternoon if I remember correctly.

I have no idea about the sc, i did Evisceration >> Uriel Blade and did a fragmentation with him.

EDIT: Now off to work.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Midnightblue
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Midnightblue 2010-03-29 04:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello !!

I tried mine yesterday with my RDM ..... lol 17-20 Dammages.
With my BLUE better 50-100 dmg on Yagudos all this dmg .
With my BLUE > Uriel blade > Cannonball (455 dmg )> Light (455) .
For moment i love the animation of the WS but the dmgs not really good .
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-29 04:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-29 05:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks nice for holding hate on multiple mobs, but other than that pretty lame when instead you can spam Atonement for enmity based dmg without having physical resistance put into consideration.

Might be nice once we learn the mods /shrug
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-03-29 06:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

might be nice when there's a way to do this weapon skill OUTSIDE of campaign
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-03-29 06:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...wasn't SE's reason not to have these weaponskills available outside of Campaign a claim that they'd be "too powerful"? Uh huh.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-03-29 06:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
...wasn't SE's reason not to have these weaponskills available outside of Campaign a claim that they'd be "too powerful"? Uh huh.

Well yeah, there'd be a whole new SMN burn. Uriel Burn!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-03-29 06:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
The dmg is low unless you have a big group of mobs.

The more mobs you have surrounding you, the higher the dmg.

This makes alot of sense. There was a party of JPs last night hammering out the two weaponskills constantly. The Uriel Blades were only doing ~55 damage consistantly but the one time it hit 3 mobs it did 300. The Glory Slash was slightly less lackluster hitting for ~450.

Maybe there are triggers or situational uses?
 Leviathan.Torvin
Server: Leviathan
user: mordth
By Leviathan.Torvin 2010-03-29 07:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

AOE weaponskill... and the damage goes up based on how many mobs you hit... sounds like a fantastic way to very quickly get your *** handed to you in campaign. I'd still do it every once in a while for fun, but its just not a good way to get decent exp.

I'd like to know if the damage keeps going up everytime you add a mob and how much it changes. Wonder if it has a ceiling or if you manage to hit like 50 mobs you end up one shotting half of them.
[+]
 Asura.Farel
user: Farel
By Asura.Farel 2010-03-29 08:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think/hope that the max damage are done by the NPC Valaineral R Davilles itself.

Wiki says that
Quote:
Davilles favours using an AoE Light based weapon skill, Uriel Blade. This will do 1000+ damage to all mobs surrounding him, can use all Sword WS's.

So if with the weapon you can do as damage as Davilles is doing it's pretty awesome already.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-29 10:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, I have zero reason to spend on that weapon now.

Hijack, can somebody confirm if Lex Talionis deals piercing damage?
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-03-29 16:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I would think if you (for whatever reason, I know I would enjoy doing this) used this ws on 15 mobs doing 1k+ each mob... That'd be 15,000+ damage instantly... If that's not instant damage cap I'm not sure what is. Sure you may die almost immediately. It still sounds fun to me, then just do w/e the rest of the campaign.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-29 16:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i cannt see anything good about having a high damage aoe ws. Sad all that work for altana medal and 100k in A.notes for this peice of crap lol ty se i guess after TOM weapon augments and VNM rings and new avatars they had to make something suck in the update or it wouldn't be ffxi 8)
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-03-29 16:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Idk, I would think if you (for whatever reason, I know I would enjoy doing this) used this ws on 15 mobs doing 1k each mob... That'd be 15,000 damage instantly... If that's not instant damage cap I'm not sure what is. Sure you may die almost immediately. It still sounds fun to me, then just do w/e the rest of the campaign.

I dunno, I saw a PLD tanking an entire unit (Not counting boss) using Urial Blade for hate yesterday, and PLD is already really nice in Campaign, upping the damage of Urial Blade might.. somehow break Campaign, even though its already quite broken lol.
 Asura.Cruxis
By Asura.Cruxis 2010-03-29 17:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
You happen to remember what SC was before that? If that's the highest you can get from that WS, I don't feel so bad not having that weapon. I can do better Pentas with a Thally.
In Necropolis when I did it was Atonement > Uriel Blade = Light. I havent tried any other one just need a skillchain partner n an active campaign battle n probably figure out other ones. Anyone in Asura Server that might be able to help me out with that do plz send me a /tell xD
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-29 18:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I should hope that a 5 hit ws with a weapon that has over twice the dmg rating does more lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-29 20:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I really couldn't give a crap about a campaign only ws, or anything for that matter. But if one of the weapon skills blu can use (we can use all three swords right?) is gravitation based I might be interested. Self-darkness with Disseverement is sexy.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-03-29 20:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think i`d wanna tank x number of mobs in campaign knowing that ppl would rather watch you die then raise you because they get more exp than cure bombing you.

Would be nice to see one the ws`s in action tho, have`nt done any campaign since before the update so i have`nt seen any
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-29 21:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I really couldn't give a crap about a campaign only ws, or anything for that matter. But if one of the weapon skills blu can use (we can use all three swords right?) is gravitation based I might be interested. Self-darkness with Disseverement is sexy.
The third weapon is a staff :x
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-29 21:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the weapon but I have 2 main problems....1. Couldnt SE make it look better? It looks so plain. 2. Since the merge there has been double the people in the past campaigning so its hard to get a good amount of xp/allied notes. So how can I get 100k+ notes to get these if I can only get like 500notes max off campaign......
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-03-29 21:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

just wait for the "omg ive gotta get it first" crowd to do their stuff, then u can get some good exp afterwards, give it about a week, maybe 2
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-03-29 22:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Idk, I would think if you (for whatever reason, I know I would enjoy doing this) used this ws on 15 mobs doing 1k each mob... That'd be 15,000 damage instantly... If that's not instant damage cap I'm not sure what is. Sure you may die almost immediately. It still sounds fun to me, then just do w/e the rest of the campaign.

I dunno, I saw a PLD tanking an entire unit (Not counting boss) using Urial Blade for hate yesterday, and PLD is already really nice in Campaign, upping the damage of Urial Blade might.. somehow break Campaign, even though its already quite broken lol.

Oh I agree! PLD is one of my favorites in campaign! PLD/DNC + joyeuse = <3! I wasn't really saying to up the damage of the Urial Blade. :) Was merely commenting if what some people say is true, about it doing more damage vs. more enemies. That perhaps just for fun/kicks (maybe even a way to cap damage rating to get max xp/AN), if getting that kind of damage may happen if the ws is used in a situation such as that. Also just from reading this thread I wasn't sure if anyone had tried fighting against that many enemies at once and used it.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-29 22:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:
I want the weapon but I have 2 main problems....1. Couldnt SE make it look better? It looks so plain. 2. Since the merge there has been double the people in the past campaigning so its hard to get a good amount of xp/allied notes. So how can I get 100k notes to get these if I can only get like 500notes max off campaign......

Stick with Campaign Ops if you're just working on AN. There's plenty of those you can do that don't require battles.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-29 22:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cruxis said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
In Necropolis when I did it was Atonement > Uriel Blade = Light. I havent tried any other one just need a skillchain partner n an active campaign battle n probably figure out other ones. Anyone in Asura Server that might be able to help me out with that do plz send me a /tell xD

Ah, thanks, that's good to know!
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
I should hope that a 5 hit ws with a weapon that has over twice the dmg rating does more lol

I was kinda hoping Uriel Blade would be my excuse to bring out PLD to use in Campaign again. For some reason I was thinking it'd be on par with Atonement for damage. Time will tell though, maybe it can.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-03-30 00:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any more info on any of the new weapons? Having hard time finding anything on them
[+]
 Asura.Cruxis
By Asura.Cruxis 2010-03-30 01:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would buy them since i have 479k AN to begin with before i got Griffinclaw.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-30 01:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, saying you SC'd with it is great but unless you know the components of the SC it's worthless. Weaponskills make skillchains, we know this.
First Page 2