Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Health Care Reform Passes
Health Care Reform Passes
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28
 Ragnarok.Midknightmare
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Midknightmare 2010-03-23 00:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG it's not over yet... Many states throw out a challenge flag on the field. Referees are reviewing the replay to see if in fact Obama did or did not score a touchdown. See the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbpq0HH_i28

Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-03-23 00:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To illustrate further, Glenn Beck entertainer, makes lots of money, sucessful.

Glenn Beck doctor, has no idea what he's doing, makes no money because he gets sued for practicing bad medicine.

Money is true measure of how good you are at your trade.
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2010-03-23 00:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Blind, Rachel Maddow is just as much an entertainer as any of the pundits. An entertainer is not equal to a technical degree like a rocket scientist or doctor. You are just being a gigiantic idiot now.

And that seems to be our major problem. We get our news from entertainers. God bless the USA, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world, but man we suck at the news (Unless its CNN doing a natural disaster coverage)
[+]
 Remora.Jobe
Server: Remora
user: jobe
By Remora.Jobe 2010-03-23 00:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

can log into the game now :)
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-03-23 00:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Glenn Beck has said he's not a news anchor/reporter Bighead ^^

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-23 01:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
To illustrate further, Glenn Beck entertainer, makes lots of money, sucessful.

Glenn Beck doctor, has no idea what he's doing, makes no money because he gets sued for practicing bad medicine.

Money is true measure of how good you are at your trade.
Oh yeah I agree Glenn Beck is excellent at entertainment. The same with Rush Limbaugh. They have a ton of people watching and listening.

Even though people have pointed out how much bull ***Rush Limbaugh vomits on air. Even though they have no reason to listen to their opinions, people can't help themselves.

That is impressive.

The problem is Glenn doesn't say "Hey I'm a funny guy isn't this just insane lololol entertainment is my game!"

Hey plays the part of a serious person with factual information or As Radio historian Marc Fisher has posited: "Beck is first and foremost an entertainer, who happens to have stumbled into a position of political prominence."

People take what he says serious, and that's my issue.
 Seraph.Bigheadkitty
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Bigheadkitty 2010-03-23 01:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Servers up pppppppppppppppppppppppppp
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2010-03-23 01:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Harp but Glenn Beck is a psycho now.. he was pretty good a few years ago then he just lost his mind. anyway.. SERVERS ARE UP! GO UPDATE YOUR SHAT!
 Ragnarok.Skiutah
user: Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-03-23 01:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick note, the only state that I know of that mentioned they might "sue" is Virginia, and they have yet to release by what legal grounds they'll use. Basically, mmmmkay Virgina....

And it seems that some people are really bothered by the individual mandate. To them I think it should be known that it was Senator Hatch and Senator Grassley who sponsored legislation to create a mandate for health insurance -- their idea, their legislation. They co-sponsored it. Being a member of the Republican party, he wanted it in any sort of health reform that took place. It's there. Then, at the health summit, he claimed the individual mandate was "unconstitutional."
 Remora.Aneu
user: Luz
By Remora.Aneu 2010-03-23 01:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://i.imgur.com/590Ev.png

Government is so bad.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-23 01:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Aneu said:
http://i.imgur.com/590Ev.png

Government is so bad.
I love you.
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2010-03-23 01:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Aneu said:
http://i.imgur.com/590Ev.png Government is so bad.

Full of win
 Garuda.Disifer
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Disifer 2010-03-23 01:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not American you shouldn't be posting on this
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-03-23 01:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought there was something called freedom of expression down there?
[+]
 Garuda.Disifer
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Disifer 2010-03-23 01:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And you're not down here
[+]
 Remora.Aneu
user: Luz
By Remora.Aneu 2010-03-23 01:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see how foreign posters' input shouldn't be valued too...
[+]
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-23 01:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
As long as it doesn't go against the Ignorant/Governing bodies? There is.
By Eurra 2010-03-23 01:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Rydiya said:
As long as it doesn't go against the Ignorant/Governing bodies? There is.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-23 02:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Disifer said:
If you're not American you shouldn't be posting on this
I'd like to apologize for this person's statement, not all American's think like him. If I was about to get a new car I wouldn't discredit someone's opinion who has first hand experience driving that car.

Unless of course I was a Ford guy and was about to get a Chevy and had to listen to some Chevy lover go on and on about how great of a car it is ... But that's not the case here at all ...

Right?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-03-23 02:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In all seriousness, I just want to say that people need to calm down. The government is working for the common good, the definition of which is not communism, it is egalitarianism. They are not redistributing your wealth, they are just ensuring that everyone has a baseline level of health care available to them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the cornerstones of your country is the concept of equality. I am interested to know why you think someone is any less entitled to a basic standard of health than you are simply because they may not have a job that provides it, or enough money to cover their medical expenses.
[+]
 Hades.Poge
Server: Hades
user: poge
By Hades.Poge 2010-03-23 02:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Skiutah said:
Just a quick note, the only state that I know of that mentioned they might "sue" is Virginia, and they have yet to release by what legal grounds they'll use.

Virginia's Attorney General said that he was going to bring a case to the Supreme Court on the basis that the individual mandate (requiring that every American must have health insurance) violates the 10th ammendment.

The problem with this is that the individual mandate doesn't take effect until 2014. Therefore no case can be filed until someone's rights are violated and the Supreme Court cannot rule on it until the case reaches them.
 Phoenix.Tealsic
Server: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-03-23 02:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

just throwing it out there you cant be denied in a ER room even if you dont have insurance its illegal(atleast in texas)

so who the people saying they dont get a doctor are the ones expecting them to make a house call ;/
[+]
 Asura.Twignberries
Server: Asura
By Asura.Twignberries 2010-03-23 02:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In all seriousness, I just want to say that people need to calm down. The government is working for the common good, the definition of which is not communism, it is egalitarianism. They are not redistributing your wealth, they are just ensuring that everyone has a baseline level of health care available to them. Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the cornerstones of your country is the concept of equality. I am interested to know why you think someone is any less entitled to a basic standard of health than you are simply because they may not have a job that provides it, or enough money to cover their medical expenses.

This bill is unconstitutional.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-23 02:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In all seriousness, I just want to say that people need to calm down. The government is working for the common good, the definition of which is not communism, it is egalitarianism. They are not redistributing your wealth, they are just ensuring that everyone has a baseline level of health care available to them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the cornerstones of your country is the concept of equality. I am interested to know why you think someone is any less entitled to a basic standard of health than you are simply because they may not have a job that provides it, or enough money to cover their medical expenses.
Actually that is exactly what is happening.

Not at all. This country that men are created equal and have equal opportunities. That they had the right to obtaining all the happiness and/or material wealth etc they wanted. NOt for it to be handed out to them. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness yada yada.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-23 02:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Actually that is exactly what is happening.

Not at all. This country that men are created equal and have equal opportunities. That they had the right to obtaining all the happiness and/or material wealth etc they wanted. NOt for it to be handed out to them. Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness yada yada.
I think you are alluding to the Preamble of the constitution: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

There is some disagreement on what "Welfare" should mean though.

What part of the bill says that health care will be "handed" out to people?
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2010-03-23 02:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Skiutah said:
Just a quick note, the only state that I know of that mentioned they might "sue" is Virginia, and they have yet to release by what legal grounds they'll use. Basically, mmmmkay Virgina....

And it seems that some people are really bothered by the individual mandate. To them I think it should be known that it was Senator Hatch and Senator Grassley who sponsored legislation to create a mandate for health insurance -- their idea, their legislation. They co-sponsored it. Being a member of the Republican party, he wanted it in any sort of health reform that took place. It's there. Then, at the health summit, he claimed the individual mandate was "unconstitutional."

Cuccinelli, the Virginia attorney general, said today he also planned to sue the federal government, calling the health bill an “unconstitutional overreach of its authority.

“With this law, the federal government will force citizens to buy health insurance, claiming it has the authority to do so because of its power to regulate interstate commerce,” he said in a press release. “We contend that if a person decides not to buy health insurance, that person -- by definition -- is not engaging in commerce, and therefore, is not subject to a federal mandate.”

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-22/twelve-states-plan-lawsuit-over-obama-health-overhaul-update2-.html

so there are 38 now? yeah, line em up, if the states kill this thing... this would be the biggest lolfail of any president in my lifetime.
 Ragnarok.Skiutah
user: Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-03-23 03:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Poge said:
Ragnarok.Skiutah said:
Just a quick note, the only state that I know of that mentioned they might "sue" is Virginia, and they have yet to release by what legal grounds they'll use.

Virginia's Attorney General said that he was going to bring a case to the Supreme Court on the basis that the individual mandate (requiring that every American must have health insurance) violates the 10th ammendment.

The problem with this is that the individual mandate doesn't take effect until 2014. Therefore no case can be filed until someone's rights are violated and the Supreme Court cannot rule on it until the case reaches them.

Ah, this has been the first I've heard on it since a few days ago. Thanks for the update.
 Asura.Twignberries
Server: Asura
By Asura.Twignberries 2010-03-23 03:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now the government will pay for your abortion!!!
Great news for those that don't work and have too many kids already!
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-23 03:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Twignberries said:
Now the government will pay for your abortion!!!
Great news for those that don't work and have too many kids already!

Naive much?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28