First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-18 19:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've see some japanese players asking nicely not to be checked, and all they normally get is "I PAY SUBSCRIPTION I DO WHAT I WANT"

Well, the fact of the matter is Final Fantasy XI allows other players to inspect each other. If they are that upset about it they should probably find a new game. There is NOTHING wrong with satisfying a curiosity or ensuring a groups integrity by inspecting someone's gear.

[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-18 19:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

rainlab said:
I'm Japanese and I'm not brown-nosing anyone, you ignorant imbecile. Mental degenerates like you only prove my point even further desu.

レインラブさん、 本当に日本人ですか
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-18 19:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've see some japanese players asking nicely not to be checked, and all they normally get is "I PAY SUBSCRIPTION I DO WHAT I WANT"

Well, the fact of the matter is Final Fantasy XI allows other players to inspect each other. If they are that upset about it they should probably find a new game. There is NOTHING wrong with satisfying a curiosity or ensuring a groups integrity by inspecting someone's gear.

Once maybe. Twice getting annoying. 3 times + mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-04-18 19:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All points against being /checked are made invalid by the *** god damn stupid *** chat filter that SE implemented just for you stupid retards that think it's wrong. If you seriously can't see past the VIDEO GAME, get off the game and go get a life.

This shouldn't even be an issue. Ever. SE put the damn option in the game to avoid this from day 1. Get over yourselves. It's just a *** game.

Ninja Edit: Yippie Kayay Mother ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-18 19:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

rainlab said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
You mean the PTs where people just up and leave without saying anything or disband if one guy has to leave?

Draco, I'm sorry to break this to you but I can almost guarantee you that they only pretended to disband to get rid of you... So how many of them did you check how many times? lol.

I don't check people in PTs usually, unless they have a bazaar. The ones that leave don't give any reason for it and I don't see why they would leave when every time it's been in a great pt. Seriously, people don't give a *** if you're offended by /check because it's ridiculous.
By rainlab 2010-04-18 19:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sornstarguh said:
It is an in game command...in a game made by JP. The keyword there is game.

Did I ever once criticize the existence of the /check function? It's there for a reason. Not the curious-george reasons you've been abusing it for.

But then again... you pay subscription, right?

YEE HAW!
By Ralphwiggum 2010-04-18 19:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Was camping eastern shadow and i checked this skip called "puppetboy" he then says in say " i'm GM'ing your for spamm" after one check lol where's the river for his tears? WHERE I ASK!
[+]
user: Loltron
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-04-18 19:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Once maybe. Twice getting annoying. 3 times mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Flion dude, I agree that checking a bunch is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and is rightfully annoying. What I have a problem with is people being butthurt over ONE /check man.
By rainlab 2010-04-18 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

日本人です。アメリカ育ちなので、一応バイリンガルです。^^
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-18 19:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

あぁー なるほど!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-04-18 20:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had one person (was English speaking player) blow up at me fo rchecking their Bazzar. Which was wierd.

Doesn't bother me when it happens, I usually only do it to people with Bazzars.
If someone checkes me out more then once or twice I usually /em Flexes and /em winks at <t> ^^ I dont mind them checking my gear, some people ask where to get certain items and on a few rare ocasions people offered a different piece of gear. Which when I looked it up, I went out to get (When I was leveling my WHM Sub way back when is the only one I can remember, item was Pilgrim's Wand)
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Server: Titan
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-04-18 20:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said:
あぁー なるほど!
is it me or can you translate a little please if you's r gunna argue about stuff at least let the rest of us read it lmao
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-18 20:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically Rui asking if he's really Japanese, him saying yes and that he's bilingual since he was raised in America then Rui saying "Ah, I see!".
By rainlab 2010-04-18 20:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ralphwiggum said:
Was camping eastern shadow and i checked this skip called "puppetboy" he then says in say " i'm GM'ing your for spamm" after one check lol where's the river for his tears? WHERE I ASK!

I don't ever do it, but NM camping is one circumstance where a /check is warranted. You have a right to size up your competition. It's important to know what means of claiming they possess. I don't see anything wrong with that. I just usually assume they have an instant claim method so I'm always on my toes.

What I am referring to are random checks for no reason other than "I pay my subscription and I'm curious! Yee Haw!"
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-18 20:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Stealthwolf said:
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said:
あぁー なるほど!
is it me or can you translate a little please if you's r gunna argue about stuff at least let the rest of us read it lmao
Well, I asked them if they were really Japanese, they answered, and then I responded letting them know I understood, I was conversing with them, not trying to argue.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-18 20:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I was better at Japanese sometimes.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-18 20:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn Drac you had to go and be all specific xD I was trying to be lazy xD
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-04-18 20:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

QQ Maor about being checked.

Yee Haw!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-18 20:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly lolpup taru
By rainlab 2010-04-18 20:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Stealthwolf said:

Sorry about that. I would've translated it but it wasn't at all relevant to the thread so I left it at that.
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Server: Titan
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-04-18 20:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok let me go grab a coffee sit down do some work and keep reading this lol
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-18 20:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly lolpup taru
k but when PUPs take over and ur all dead or enjoying slave labor don't be dumbfounded as to why PUPs ended up snapping in the end. :B
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-18 20:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You won't be doing much enslaving, shorty.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-18 20:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My height has nothing to do with it, you've seen Windurst, don't make me go there.
By rainlab 2010-04-18 20:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Dracon translated, I'm Japanese-American, so I have absolutely nothing against my fellow countrymen on either side. The "Yee Haw" was a joke that apparently some of you ran with...

Anyhow, I'll reiterate my point: All I'm saying is that if you think you might be annoying someone by taking an unnecessary action, just err on the side of caution and don't do it.

If that sounds ridiculous to you, then we can just agree to disagree and move on. It's not like there's anything I can say or do to ever have any impact on your ways.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-18 20:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to think just like you but after all the years of "JP Only" and not even sending tells back I just don't give a *** anymore. Some Japanese are nice and actually try to communicate but the majority doesn't want to try, at least not this late in the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-18 20:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think being offended by /check is ridiculous, regardless of what country you're from.
[+]
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-04-18 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get some SS's of talking to Ext lol. Btw for reference, I was shouting to sell my Sniper's Ring +1 and Befouled Silver. After the first Screenshot I /shouted to sell my stuff again and the next SS started. Btw he was in East Ronfaure Killing Krabkatoa and was obviously using a friend in WG to see whats up lol.

By rainlab 2010-04-18 20:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think being offended by /check is ridiculous, regardless of what country you're from.

That's easy to say when your perspective is limited to a narrow scope of one culture. I'm not saying that to belittle you in any way. I'm just saying that people from multi-cultural backgrounds would likely disagree with you strongly. It just so happens that most people on this forum are on your side.
By Fenrir.Gimmeurselables 2010-04-18 20:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people are on his side because QQing about being examined on a game is completely ridiculous.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13