People who freak out about being checked
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-03-18 14:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have honestly never witnessed this. Do people really do that?
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-03-18 14:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of flattering when someone examines you though, so it's nice to know if you get examined. However, even with those random spamga examines you'd get from just running around, it's not worth filtering (for me, at least.)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

here is a message for people who get spam checked:

"Hey, if you're gonna spam check me,
at least buy me dinner first.
Cheap ***!"

or

don't stand somewhere like Whitegate where you're guaranteed to be checked at least 20+ times.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-18 14:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If I really do not know the person and just run past him, I will sometime check just by curiosity. I'm even more tempted to do this since they added augments.

If I start talking with someone for the first time or if the person is a new friend, I will politely ask if I can check.

The only moment when /check is bothering me is when the same person will examine me 20 times in 3 minutes. But then I just think maybe short term memory loss...

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-03-18 14:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy in my ls spam checked everyone (like 5 times each) during each event even if no one had new gear, was pretty annoying after a while because he did it EVERY time we had an event.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
This guy in my ls spam checked everyone (like 5 times each) during each event even if no one had new gear, was pretty annoying after a while because he did it EVERY time we had an event.
OCD?
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-18 14:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

/em examines you.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
/em examines you.
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-18 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

just tried the /em examines you in white gate, didnt see any blinking but got a couple /stares lol
 Remora.Endrance
Server: Remora
By Remora.Endrance 2010-03-18 14:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
I check people a lot just because as a noob i got in the habit of checking mobs even if I know they're Too Weak. Idk... I check people to see if they are brave enough to augment stuff. I check people to see what their wearing. I check people to read bazaar comments. I check people on accident. I check people on accident. Seriously, I always accidentally check people. I check Impossible to Gauge mobs mid fight out of habit. I check mobs while I'm running by even if I'm 75 in West Ron. Idk... idm being checked if I did I'd just put a filter up anyway.

^ The Truth.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

/examines himself

OMFG, I FELT A LUMP!
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-18 14:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
/examines himself

OMFG, I FELT A LUMP!

Ooh ooh, nope. Just a cheeto.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
/examines himself

OMFG, I FELT A LUMP!

Ooh ooh, nope. Just a cheeto.
yeah, still fresh too
 Ragnarok.Mryumyums
Server: Ragnarok
user: MrYumYums
By Ragnarok.Mryumyums 2010-03-18 14:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I check people all the time, and I get checked constantly...It doesnt bother me...I think it may be the name though..>.>
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-18 14:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

KFH, is that you in the pic?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
yup, in the library
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-18 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Braego said:
Asura.Poupee said:
I love being checked ;o lawl. I usually just /blush at the people who check me so THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO ME D:

Weird... I've checked you before and you freaked out in /sh... lol

I can't help but check! :P
lawwwl I dont remember ; ;
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Asura.Braego said:
Asura.Poupee said:
I love being checked ;o lawl. I usually just /blush at the people who check me so THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO ME D:

were you drunk?
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-03-18 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Asura.Braego said:
Asura.Poupee said:

were you drunk?
Im to young to drink :(
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-18 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
yup, in the library

What are you doing in a library? O_o

:D
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-03-18 14:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I log in at 4 in the morning sometimes for jp primetime and go to wg AH and spam /em examines you. and then watch as the whole place blinks like a christmas tree.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
yup, in the library
What are you doing in a library? O_o
:D
pissing away my free time, checking out the hot college ***
 Fairy.Ant
Server: Fairy
user: Ant3
By Fairy.Ant 2010-03-18 15:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I purposely spam check people that complain about being checked.
 Sylph.Futan
user: gdiShun
By Sylph.Futan 2010-03-18 15:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
One time I was waiting for the selbina-mhaura ferry and there was a JP RDM also waiting next to me. She had some interesting equipment choices on (from what I could see) so I checked her. Straight away she blinked on me.

Well I checked her again... and again. And so this went on for 10 minutes (I actually delayed my fishing just to amuse myself), and for the whole time she blinked everytime I did it. Lawl.

That isn't the weirdest thing I've come across though - There is a new breed of these people around now. They don't like you to STAND NEXT TO THEM. First time I encountered one was on the boat ride again. Another JP player, I stood near them (not right next to them, just near them... like 2 car lengths!!!), and they moved to the other side of the boat. So I moved round keeping same distance and she cancelled her fishing and moved again. So I repeated this for the whole boat ride and she didn't catch even one fish because she kept moving...

So the next boat ride came, you'd think she would stop doing this right? NO, she continued to do it!!!! Since then I've come across a few people who do this. I'd like to say I've only encountered it with fishers but I've experienced it in towns/parties/events too! Fishers are generally the worst for it though. One time I went to fish in qufim and I stood near someone from twentyfourseven LS (lol), she checked me like 5 times. As soon as I also started fishing, she moved. So I moved near her, then she moved again. Then she said "wtf is your problem?" and logged out XD

I've come across this a couple times too. When fishing for Lik in Lufaise Meadows, I ran up close to, maybe a car length away, a player and he ran to that corner in the north side of the lake. Another time, same place, another player ran just far enough so I couldn't see the log messages. It's weird. :p

On topic, I don't mind getting checked and I am also a Checkoholic. lol.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-03-18 16:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
I check people a lot just because as a noob i got in the habit of checking mobs even if I know they're Too Weak. Idk...
I check people to see if they are brave enough to augment stuff.
I check people to see what their wearing.
I check people to read bazaar comments.
I check people on accident.
I check people on accident.
Seriously, I always accidentally check people.

I check Impossible to Gauge mobs mid fight out of habit. I check mobs while I'm running by even if I'm 75 in West Ron. Idk... idm being checked if I did I'd just put a filter up anyway.
It's the exact same for me. I'll subconsciously /check people and not realize it, it's a habit I guess. Sometimes people will examine me while I am fighting and I will change gears (because of macros) and they'll examine me again and I will send a /tell apologizing for changing gear...xD

Just like the NM thing I also tend to pull up my map every 10-15 seconds for no reason at all. Or I will check my inventory every 20 seconds for who knows what...*shrug* I don't see whats wrong with it.

I am occasionally guilty of moving when others get near my character...>_>
 Cerberus.Hayai
Server: Cerberus
user: Hayai
By Cerberus.Hayai 2010-03-18 16:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
There should be more people like the JPs that /blush when checked.
I'm not Jp but I usually /blush lol

Edit* Oh Also if your on Cerberus or coming to Cerb... >.> /check Dorocy for some lols and a stern talking to lol
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-03-18 16:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hayai said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
There should be more people like the JPs that /blush when checked.
I'm not Jp but I usually /blush lol

Edit* Oh Also if your on Cerberus or coming to Cerb... >.> /check Dorocy for some lols and a stern talking to lol

You should /c that guy and send some screen shots of how that goes.
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-03-18 16:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the /examine phobia, it's an ingame function and if people just dislike it purely based on the text that comes up then thats what the filter is for as has been said many times. If you have a weird job combo then /anon yourself and if you are embarassed about your gear then think about your priorities since it's just gear in a game. Seriously its not worth insulting people over just because they use a function as it was intended. On a personal note I find i'm examined alot more when wearing my Mirke Wardecors and find I examine people more if I see them wearing one.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-03-18 17:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Some people might be self-conscious they don't have a certain "must have" item, and see the check as a precursor to an argument or judgment. Other people might just want to enjoy the game for more than 5 minutes without being reminded it's all about the gear.

Agreed. Right after I got my COR AF, I was just running around Jeuno doing stuff and showing it off, with NIN subbed so I could wear two rapiers...but I also had on a belt or a necklace or something that required RNG to be subbed for the latent effect to kick in.

Within minutes, someone checked me, then wrote me and said something to the effect of, "yer a n00b that belt needs rng sub". I told them very politely that I was well aware of that fact and I certainly didn't need to be reminded by someone who couldn't even use proper grammar or spelling. She shut up after that, but it's worth mentioning that sometimes being checked when I'm wearing gimped gear for whatever reason does seem like a precursor to being criticized for something.

I don't check people, myself, since I couldn't care less what gear they are wearing. But to those who do, all I can say is, consider keeping your critical opinions to yourself. You have no idea -why- that person is wearing what they're wearing, and you might just make an *** of yourself by saying anything derogatory. 8)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13