2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Kubira Bead Necklace
Kubira Bead Necklace
First Page 2
By Sierran 2010-03-17 16:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

is Kubira Bead Necklace actually anygood for spinning slash maco or is chiv chain better?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-17 16:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better, but WS Gorget from Sea tops both.
By Ant3 2010-03-17 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your other gear I guess, Chiv chain is probably best is most situations.
By Ant3 2010-03-17 16:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

but ya, work on a gorget
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-17 16:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Kubira for say Raging Rush over Pcc?
By Ant3 2010-03-17 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If acc isn't an issue, again: gorgets!
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-17 16:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorget for sam is sweet but I just need to test it out more on RR and ~tweak gears a bit. Sadly I haven't been in a good merit to play with it yet.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-17 18:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ant3 said:
If acc isn't an issue, again: gorgets!
Gorgets are ACC+10 to all hits in addition to the fTP boost >_>;
[+]
 Fairy.Ant
Server: Fairy
user: Ant3
By Fairy.Ant 2010-03-17 19:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So? he asked if he should use kubira or PCC.
By Eurra 2010-03-17 19:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ant said:

*Chiv Chain, not PCC.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 19:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You said "if acc isn't an issue, gorgets" which implies that you'd have less acc w/ a gorget. He was saying that gorgets have 10 acc and there shouldn't be a situation to say "if acc isn't an issue, gorgets", ect
[+]
 Fairy.Ant
By Fairy.Ant 2010-03-17 19:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Eurra said:
Fairy.Ant said:

*Chiv Chain, not PCC.

Bahamut.Zorander said:
What about Kubira for say Raging Rush over Pcc?

Nah bro, read the whole thing next time.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
You said "if acc isn't an issue, gorgets" which implies that you'd have less acc w/ a gorget. He was saying that gorgets have 10 acc and there shouldn't be a situation to say "if acc isn't an issue, gorgets", ect

I was implying that gorgets are the best option out of all of them. I was directly responding to Zorander's question, and following up with trying to get a gorget instead.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you should read up on punctuation. A period would have been better than a comma there, indicating a new point, rather than a continuing one. If acc isn't an issue, gorgets, implies that if accuracy is not an issue, use gorgets. If acc isn't an issue. Again: gorgets. Would have more clearly separated your points. Not our fault we didn't understand your message when it wasn't clearly put out.

Btw, I did read the whole thing.
[+]
 Fairy.Ant
By Fairy.Ant 2010-03-17 19:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't aimed at you
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 19:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Point still stands, VERY easy to confuse the meaning of what you were saying by the way you worded it, dawg!
[+]
 Fairy.Ant
By Fairy.Ant 2010-03-17 19:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it made sense, o well
[+]
By Nightbear 2010-03-17 20:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook-on-Stats go!
[+]
By Cyclonis 2010-03-17 21:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

stop interfering with this thread NB
[+]
 Bismarck.Yor
Server: Bismarck
user: poff
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-03-17 22:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sierran said:
is Kubira Bead Necklace actually anygood for spinning slash maco or is chiv chain better?

I think the only situation where you should use Kubira Bead Necklace is if you're a thf and you dont have love torque , then for your SA macro it in.

Ant3 said:
Depends on your other gear I guess, Chiv chain is probably best is most situations.

I dont even get why DD use Chiv Chain at all nowdays , /sam , Jailers torques/pcc/pca > Sea gorgets for ws.
That "Store tp +1" must be really game breaker.
 Siren.Delirium
Server: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-17 22:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yor said:
I dont even get why DD use Chiv Chain at all nowdays , /sam , Jailers torques/pcc/pca > Sea gorgets for ws. That "Store tp 1" must be really game breaker.

For those of us out there who havent gotten a pcc or pca or torque yet
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-17 22:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yor said:
Sierran said:

I think the only situation where you should use Kubira Bead Necklace is if you're a thf and you dont have love torque , then for your SA macro it in.

Ant3 said:

I dont even get why DD use Chiv Chain at all nowdays , /sam , Jailers torques/pcc/pca > Sea gorgets for ws.
That "Store tp 1" must be really game breaker.

Wait are you saying that those are better than sea gorgets for WS or did I misinterpret that? I'd assume Torque/PCC/PCA > Chiv. Chain for TP unless that 1 store TP makes your build, then WS Gorgets for WS.
 Fairy.Ant
By Fairy.Ant 2010-03-17 23:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the gorgets and torques are obviously the best choice for WS. The OP just asked "which of these two are best" so I don't think people wanted to get off track even though it kind of did.

Personally I don't use anything but torque/PCA for tp and torque/gorget for WS depending on job/situation

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-17 23:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're misinterpreting it, otherwise they're (generally) wrong. Use of > was pretty ambiguous though.

EDIT: @ Darkshade
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-17 23:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I think you're misinterpreting it, otherwise they're (generally) wrong. Use of > was pretty ambiguous though.

EDIT: @ Darkshade
Off topic, seeing as it's DEX and Polearm Skill, I'd assume Love Torque would trump PCA for TP phase, while Gorget would still trump Torque for WS damage?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-17 23:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Torque wins for Drakesbane too if you're in the 40-45 dDEX range without it, but that's not really applicable on anything tougher than a Greater Colibri. To that end, if your DEX is between 107 and 112 when meriting, Love Torque wins. If it's in the 113-117 range it depends on the swaps you can make.
By Nightbear 2010-03-18 00:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cyclonis!! Stop playing RL and come back to the game Bish! lots off ex-Arisen's are back!
By Sierran 2010-03-26 10:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses

I used my points to get omega ring for dark skill/acc build

fyi I use pcc to tp and chiv chain to ws normally as I have no issues with acc.

working on a UFO organ to finsih ws neck piece just need to get help which is unlikely now new update is out
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [564 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Wordspoken
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2011-10-11 00:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this thread instead on making a new one.

I've been leveling nin, since it's useful job to have and I just happen to have both Kubira Bead Necklace and Breeze Gorget, which should be aligned to Jin. My problem is this:

I'm doing more ws dmg with KBN than sea gorget. It should be the other way around? What is causing this?
 Shiva.Temaruma
user: Temarumaz
By Shiva.Temaruma 2011-10-11 00:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wordspoken said: »

I've been leveling nin, since it's useful job to have and I just happen to have both Kubira Bead Necklace and Breeze Gorget, which should be aligned to Jin. My problem is this:

I'm doing more ws dmg with KBN than sea gorget. It should be the other way around? What is causing this?

Jin is a multi-hit, so it benefits less from the ftp increase of sea gorgets than say Spinning Slash.

Also neither piece is going to make any sort of noticeable impact on your Jins, so eyeballing etc

Off topic: sup with every other thread being a necro bump lately?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-10-11 02:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Temaruma said: »
Asura.Wordspoken said: »

Jin is a multi-hit, so it benefits less from the ftp increase of sea gorgets than say Spinning Slash.

Also neither piece is going to make any sort of noticeable impact on your Jins, so eyeballing etc

Off topic: sup with every other thread being a necro bump lately?
This is a terribly dated assessment. Being single-hit has no bearing on a Gorget's (or the new elemental belts') effectiveness.

Blade Jin is a 1.0 and two secondaries, and an extra hit if dual-wielding.

This makes it a 4.0 total fTP with Dual Wield. Adding a gorget makes the first hit a 1.1 for a 4.1 total fTP, a 2.5% increase.

Contrast with using a gorget on Torcleaver, a 4.75-6.5 fTP WS: That's a measly 2.1% at 100tp down to 1.53% increase at 300tp.

So a Gorget is technically better for Jin, even though it's really just shat for both WS.

It's fTP (total fTP for multihits) that matters, not number of hits, for that flat 0.1 increase to matter. Not many WS worth using are below 3.0 fTP anymore.
First Page 2