Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU Solo
BLU Solo
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-15 03:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Post some interesting stuff you solo on BLU that you want to brag about.

I don't really do much in the way of NMs solo but I can solo Grand Marid's and Zomit families with 0 damage taken :D
 Seraph.Drakelth
Server: Seraph
user: drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-03-15 03:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Citipati a month ago was a ok fight used a few echos and such but for the most part wasnt to bad.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-15 03:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Drakelth said:
Citipati a month ago was a ok fight used a few echos and such but for the most part wasnt to bad.

How'd you do it?
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2010-03-16 09:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've soloed him BLU/BST, but that's probably not the method you were looking for.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-16 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Seraph.Drakelth said:

How'd you do it?
Pull him well away from the pop site to avoid links/aggro when coming uncharmed and keep DoT up at all times for Danse Macabre. Other than Charm it's just your typical caster mob.
[+]
 Seraph.Drakelth
Server: Seraph
user: drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-03-16 12:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was /nin was farming the gobie bag item for shits and giggles. But pulled him far away used blank gaze to start with to get ridda ice spikes and stun locked him for the most part. Ussed disservment dot, and saved mp for stunning and flashing. took about 5 minutes, got the knife drop to boot so was nice.

also had fast cast set and sprout smack for slow.

On a side note I found when fighting the regular corses when u stun charm they go to use it right after wards. 1 time I stunned charm 2 times in a row only for it to get it off with 1 second left on head butt.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-17 14:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd Mahishasura
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [207 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 03:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone solo'd Whiro? I tried today, but my friend with Movement couldn't kite it, and I had an easier time without movement but I couldnt deal damage safely... It was wierd.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-10 04:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've kited it around a rock for a few minutes while waiting for LS to finish killing Wheretrice. If you can kite it that long without taking damage, you can toss in a cannonball or other spells every now and then. If it's susceptible to head butt, even better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 06:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really fancied BLU to be a very effective kite-soloist. Though, I lack a fair bit of understanding for the job.

Aren't most of their spells only effective from melee range? (Excluding Cannonball, but doesn't that have a long-ish cooldown?)
What I'm asking is: How does a BLU kite solo?
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-10 06:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally either with Regurgitation (Bind + Magic Damage) or Disseverment when mob is close, then gaining distance. This one would definately be the second. Sometimes people stop and throw in a spell like Quad. Continuum in aswell, though that seems un-neccessarily reckless to me.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-10 06:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Generally either with Regurgitation (Bind + Magic Damage) or Disseverment when mob is close, then gaining distance. This one would definately be the second. Sometimes people stop and throw in a spell like Quad. Continuum in aswell, though that seems un-neccessarily reckless to me.

Well I knew about Bindspam, but I don't consider that kiting persay.. (Any NM that is weak to Bind is a pathetic joke as is.)
I'm guessing this makes NMs that are too dangerous to let touch you at all, (Adze comes to mind), to be impossible for BLU to solo?
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 06:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aiyana said:
I've never really fancied BLU to be a very effective kite-soloist. Though, I lack a fair bit of understanding for the job. Aren't most of their spells only effective from melee range? (Excluding Cannonball, but doesn't that have a long-ish cooldown?) What I'm asking is: How does a BLU kite solo?
Alot of the magical spells have long or at least longer ranges. Also there is always the run in and zergish and run out idea. Disservement and run isn't half bad given the 18/tic poison and awesome dmg. Can run in headbutt, flash, other stuns and get some dmg in quick and run out. Blitzstrahl is epic duration

Also some of the additional effects from blu spells can land even if say a rdm can't land that spell. Or the nm might not gain resistance so you could spam it etc.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-10-10 07:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
I've never really fancied BLU to be a very effective kite-soloist. Though, I lack a fair bit of understanding for the job. Aren't most of their spells only effective from melee range? (Excluding Cannonball, but doesn't that have a long-ish cooldown?) What I'm asking is: How does a BLU kite solo?
Alot of the magical spells have long or at least longer ranges. Also there is always the run in and zergish and run out idea. Disservement and run isn't half bad given the 18/tic poison and awesome dmg. Can run in headbutt, flash, other stuns and get some dmg in quick and run out. Blitzstrahl is epic duration

Also some of the additional effects from blu spells can land even if say a rdm can't land that spell. Or the nm might not gain resistance so you could spam it etc.

20/tic poison
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 09:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Alot of the magical spells have long or at least longer ranges. Also there is always the run in and zergish and run out idea. Disservement and run isn't half bad given the 18/tic poison and awesome dmg. Can run in headbutt, flash, other stuns and get some dmg in quick and run out. Blitzstrahl is epic duration Also some of the additional effects from blu spells can land even if say a rdm can't land that spell. Or the nm might not gain resistance so you could spam it etc.
20/tic poison
Hey I just going by what wiki says!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-10 10:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Magnetite cloud/regur use. Actinic burst > spam spells, go back to kiting.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-10 12:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Should be able to get 3-4 spells off before AB wears, he dies pretty fast.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Alot of the magical spells have long or at least longer ranges. Also there is always the run in and zergish and run out idea. Disservement and run isn't half bad given the 18/tic poison and awesome dmg. Can run in headbutt, flash, other stuns and get some dmg in quick and run out. Blitzstrahl is epic duration Also some of the additional effects from blu spells can land even if say a rdm can't land that spell. Or the nm might not gain resistance so you could spam it etc.
20/tic poison
Hey I just going by what wiki says!
Probably not common knowledge yet, but it's been increasing by 1/tic each update. Was 19/tic at 80, now it's 20.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-10 12:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
^ Should be able to get 3-4 spells off before AB wears, he dies pretty fast.
I like doing headbutt into blitzstrahl. Basically headbutt buys you the time to do the blitzstrahl which if you gear for can actually do some decent dmg... but mostly it's a very long lasting stun
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-12 12:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just took out Mother Globe as BLU/RDM, just used a taco, no meds. I tried right before update, but died due to low HP(not enough to vert with). It was do'able then, but this update made it really easy. The two new cheap spells really helped with the sustainable DoT, and Occultation ensured safety.

Buffed up, rested, went out there and CA+Efflux'd and waited on them to gather close together and took them out with a Whirl of Rage. Then Filamented Hold and worked down MG(not engaging because of its shock spikes). When a baby would pop, I used Whirl of Rage or Empty Thrash. Both times, the slave needed me to finish it off with another headbutt.

Yeah, I realize sky isn't relevant material anymore, but as far as I've seen it was the only NM(other than Kirin) that hadn't been solo'd yet.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-12-12 13:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is the new SAM
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-12 13:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Delta thrust while not omg dmg is pretty broken in terms of efficiency and well the plague is pretty damn useful anytime you don't have like 10 people on a mob
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-12 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty cool you solo'd mother globe. I duo'd it with RDM at lvl 80, but I could definitely see soloing it at 90 to be pretty simple. Whirl of Rage is sooo good for taking out large groups of enemies. Charged Whisker is really sweet too, but not very mp efficient outside of Abyssea. I think people underestimate BLU tanking power as well. With the new trial of magian PDT sword + Genbu shield + Umbra cape you get -32% pdt without really sacrificing anything too major + cocoon obviously. You can add it in some dark rings and get 42-44% and some darksteel gear etc.. With Atma it gets even more crazy.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-12-12 13:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes BLU can tank pretty well, i was in abysssea - konchat last night, we had RDM, RDM, BLU, and it seemed like there was nothing in there we couldnt kill took out a ton of NM's/VNM's only problem was trying to proc red !!
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-12-12 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

im just waiting for the post:"hey just solo'd fafnir sup"
/waits
By bashurah 2010-12-12 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Few abyssea NMs ive done recently on Blu all using the same basic strategy of kite > Nuke. On all nms always keep haste/refresh/utsusemi up, and stoneskin if u are able to. Actinic burst probably helps when running in for an attack but i honestly never use it.

Chukwa - Run in and out casting strong spells while inside shell casting AM II. When he comes out and u have full buffs run in for a solo sc savage blade > Quad. rinse and repeat a few times. about 20min fight.

Nahn - Same basic strategy, kite and when buffs are all up run in for an attack, headbutt is important for this fight. During tp or waterga spams just keep safe distance and heal/buff til he's done and run in for attacks when u feel it's safe. When metallic body is up spam spells to drop it running in and out from flood II when u dont think u have time to get SS off and stun him.

Tonberry Luije - Safest if u can pull near the nearby conflux as there is alot more room and its much safer. Will cast spells frequently making it easy to kite. Only when fully buffed should you run in for an attack. headbutt also works well to stun any attack or spell he uses. getting caught off guard by words of bane's curse will mess with your kiting ability so holy waters are nice to have just in case. When able and fully buffed run in for solo sc or a spam of spells using headbutt in between each spell.

For all these nms w legs were used, movement speed of some kind is probably a good idea.