Not Mentioned In The Update Details.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Not mentioned in the update details.
Not mentioned in the update details.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-03-08 18:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
I have DD gear, but I can't fit that really and have essential BRD stuff... I've tried. ; -;
I carry my DD gear ;o

But it stays in satchel!
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-03-08 18:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they'd add more slots per macro. Maybe then using multiple gear sets would become practical.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-08 18:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Degs said:
Fairy.Sandman said:
The new update looks like SE has finaly got around to adding some long over due improvements. They however mentioned nothing about expanding our inventory. I'm sure it'll happen, though it'll no doubt be insufficient. One thing I wish like hell they'd change is the one assault tag per day. Sadly I doubt they'll change that, after all, how long did it take them to put moogles in selbina.

How do you really need more inventory

full gobbie bag= 80 slots
mog satchel w/ GB.= 80 slots
toau mog locker= 80 slots
Storage and safe even if gimped= 100 slots

not to mention storage npc's and the like

unless they do something for wotg storage .. i doubt it will happen ever

dude i remmeber your avatar from a gaming magazine add from 1994-96 lol

but far the invo stuff just condensing all the diff ninja tools used and a sub menu for linkshells would go a long way, then add storasge for +1 upgraded gear and all the other gear sets they put out over last few years also storage for all the ra/ex weapons like af weapons that rarly get used btu u dont want to toss.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-08 19:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
I wish they'd add more slots per macro. Maybe then using multiple gear sets would become practical.

(I'm sure you've heard this before...)

Get a PC ; -; even old junky ones can run FFXI decently.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-08 19:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Degs said:
Fairy.Sandman said:
The new update looks like SE has finaly got around to adding some long over due improvements. They however mentioned nothing about expanding our inventory. I'm sure it'll happen, though it'll no doubt be insufficient. One thing I wish like hell they'd change is the one assault tag per day. Sadly I doubt they'll change that, after all, how long did it take them to put moogles in selbina.

Easy, 6 75's.

War - Tp set, 3 different WS sets, PDT set, idle set
Mnk - TP high acc, tp low acc, WS's, PDT, idle, chakra, chi, guard
Drk - TP scythe, TP GS, WS for both, Dark Magic, PDT, Zerg
Sam - TP GKT,TP Pole, Solo, WS's, PDT, MDT
Nin - TP, WS, All kinds of tanking stuff, Evasion solo, Macc
Cor - Melee TP, Shoot TP, Shoot WS, QD Acc, QD Damage, /Mage

Then add in r/e stuff needed for lvl sync and the like, random macro in pieces for all those jobs, meds, food, cards for cor, ninja tools, camera/plates for znm pics, salv cards, K/B seals you pick up randomly, znm trophies if you have xtra, mining gear, warp sticks, RR items, MMM map thing, choco whistle, xp rings, tav ring, signal pearl, quad charm for beadux S, random af upgrade mats from limbus etc. I think you get the idea.

Not to mention all the low level gear you need to have to lvl more jobs and not suck horribly at them.

Space runs out VERY quickly. And that's with basically all AF and AF2 on the NPC.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-03-08 19:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Degs said:
Fairy.Sandman said:

Very easy...
Safe : (80/80)
Salvage parts 15/25/35 that are not from the set i have the most of
Rare/ex Items that would be hard to replace when i use for another job
Furnashings to have 80+ storage, 100+ Earth Element for Moglification Woodworking & extra mannequins because i bought them before the storage increase

Storage : (70/80)
Cor, Drg, Mnk, Pld, Sam equipment

Locker : (78/80)
Blm, Blu, Smn, Whm equipment

Satchel : (70/80)
Tools / Food / medicine / charged items / etc.

Inventory : (9/80)
Bazzar & link pearls atm

I've got a list of another 70~ items I'd like to get for jobs I have already leveled although I will likely only get another 10~30 of them.

I have no mules, i don't think i should have to have a mule just to hold items.
I don't use the "delivery box" storage, nor do i keep things listed on the auction.

yes i think inventory is a problem, no i don't think SE's going to do anything about it. In the end I've just decided not to worry about maxing everything out but getting items with more usefulness and worry less about "perfection"
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-08 19:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Easy, 6 75's.

War - Tp set, 3 different WS sets, PDT set, idle set
Mnk - TP high acc, tp low acc, WS's, PDT, idle, chakra, chi, guard
Drk - TP scythe, TP GS, WS for both, Dark Magic, PDT, Zerg
Sam - TP GKT,TP Pole, Solo, WS's, PDT, MDT
Nin - TP, WS, All kinds of tanking stuff, Evasion solo, Macc
Cor - Melee TP, Shoot TP, Shoot WS, QD Acc, QD Damage, /Mage

In addition to that, I'd like to toss in a few of my sets of gear to help show how space gets eaten up so bad.

BLM - 8+ staves, Full damage nuke gear, resist nuke gear, enfeebling gear, dark magic gear, Idle/PDT- gear, Fast Cast/Haste gear, Stoneskin gear

WHM - 3~4+ staves, Cure gear, force latent gear (if using medicine ring), Enhancing Magic gear, MND+ gear, Divine Magic gear, Fast Cast/Haste gear, Enmity- gear, Idle/PDT gear

RDM - 5~6+ staves, Cure gear, Enfeebling Gear, "full damage" nuking gear, "resist" nuking gear, dark magic gear, Idle/PDT gear, Fast Cast/Haste gear, Enmity- gear, MND+ gear

SMN - 8+ staves, Summoning Magic gear, BP Delay- gear, Ava Acc/Att+ gear, Ava Perp- gear, Idle/PDT gear, MND+ gear, Enmity- gear
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-08 20:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually macro in string+ items? >.>

[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-08 20:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said:
People actually macro in string items? >.>

I know I don't, most of it is worthless. If you really wanted to go all out i suppose you could though, virtually all of the song+ instruments are wind though, and the string instruments that do increase songs are for stupid ***for the most part. The only thing i could see using that for would be a nursemaids harp for a super Horde Lullaby, other than that... no idea.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-03-08 20:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely can't fit all the thief (and certainly not) rdm gear I want in my satchel, but I'm happy with what we've got now. I'd like more, but I won't be picky. I suppose it's mostly that, as someone else said, SE mentioned that the shizz works in units of 80, so we'd need another bag. And that also means we won't be able to have more spaces of readily swappable gear than we already have now. Unless I'm able to swap more equip on the fly (as opposed to having stuff in my satchel), it won't make a huge difference to me.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-08 20:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:
People actually macro in string items? >.>

I know I don't, most of it is worthless. If you really wanted to go all out i suppose you could though, virtually all of the song instruments are wind though, and the string instruments that do increase songs are for stupid ***for the most part. The only thing i could see using that for would be a nursemaids harp for a super Horde Lullaby, other than that... no idea.

I use it for super Horde Lullaby with Nursemaids, lol. Works nicely for Dynamis or whatnot, my gear is nice enough that I don't get resists really. It's useful.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-08 21:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just waiting until SE finally gives up on FFXI and breaks the game by letting us drag our Moogles wherever we go.
 Garuda.Sheila
Server: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-03-08 21:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they add more space eventually...but not gonna hold my breath :(

Also don't like how our armor stays in our inventory when we are wearing it..didn't know it could be in the two different places at the same time O_O

Lol that would be the day Anye..hehe I wish!
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-08 21:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Sheila said:
Useless words

I love your avatar...Moar prz
[+]
Server: Hades
By Hades.Deadplaything 2010-03-08 21:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 13 not even fully geared 75s i could go for another 100 spaces to actually build full sets for the non finished jobs. especially now that we will be heading up the hill to 99 theres going to be umpteen thousand new pieces fo gear and nowhere to put it. yadda yadda yadda
 Fairy.Vylandra
Server: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-03-08 21:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said:
Garuda.Sheila said:
Useless words

*** rofl
 Fairy.Lilman
Server: Fairy
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2010-03-08 21:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vylandra said:
Cerberus.Jiko said:
Garuda.Sheila said:
Useless words

*** rofl

I love your avatar Vy... Moar prz D:
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-08 21:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

all ppl are talking about is gear too... what about leveling crafts or crafting consistently for money ? or meds and other things expected to have on hand for almost anything (rr's, echos, remedies, etc).. any job i go out with (being fully prepared) im basically full inventory and full satchel