Am I A Bad Rdm If...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » am i a bad rdm if...
am i a bad rdm if...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-25 23:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gravity on NM Mnk @ xar? even normal mob i can't see. 1 PLD can be handy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-25 23:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
PLD is useful to have for tanking the mnks and the rng
MNK= Gravity > thunder IV > and sleep his 2h RNG= keep ur shadows or third eye on. PLD is useless..
Yeah cause it never EEs right after you lose them or people never do stupid ***and melee sleeping mobs
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-26 00:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
PLD is useful to have for tanking the mnks and the rng
MNK= Gravity > thunder IV > and sleep his 2h RNG= keep ur shadows or third eye on. PLD is useless..
Yeah cause it never EEs right after you lose them or people never do stupid ***and melee sleeping mobs
Exactly, you can never anticipate when a dyna mob will 2hr and there will be times that a DD will be without shadows, simple stuff really is that EES will kill most DDs while it will only scratch a PLD.

PLD is worth having, it's a little bit extra security, Dynamis can be done without PLD and no one hear is arguing otherwise but it's being said that PLD has it's uses and it most certainly isn't useless.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-26 00:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The mood is very anti-tank atm I've found, in all events.

Since Lolbri came about, everyone seems to TP burn everything. Hope it changes with the climb from 75-99.
 Siren.Xeca
Server: Siren
user: acez
By Siren.Xeca 2010-05-04 16:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if there is any doubt that ur not good at rdm then you suck
[+]
 Pandemonium.Naten
Server: Pandemonium
user: Naten
By Pandemonium.Naten 2010-05-04 17:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Your bad RDM if your name is Izilder to
 Phoenix.Huginn
Guildwork Premium
Server: Phoenix
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2010-05-26 12:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

as far a my RDM experience goes, it is usually as follows:
keep refreshes up with minimal down time (sometimes you have to chase your BLMS who are not all in the same place)
keep hastes up at all times.
sleep all enemies as required (dont sleep the ones being kited until the alliance is ready)
Sleeps on large numbers of enemies should be prioritized based on the order they will be killed (if your LS doesnt have a kill priority list, you might want to be looking for a new linkshell). those who need to sleep the longest should be slept with sleep, followed ~20 in game minutes later with a sleep2. Avatars should be slept with sleep followed by sleep2 @~:20 and then always slept again :37 later.

for the majority of the time, you should be able to refresh 3-5 and haste 3-5 people while still keeping enemies slept.
exceptions made for scorpions and avatars as they often take priority over most refreshes and hastes.

you should also be slowing and paralyzing all monk mobs just before they are fought (which is after you and a BLM have forced Hundred Fists and slept then through it). team up with another RDM in your shell and have one focus on paralyze2 levels and the other on slow2 levels.

you should have cure macros with <stal> in them. its not your job to keep other parties alive, but it behooves you to help prevent a potential wipe due to other's shortcomings.

also, dont put up with BLMs casting sleepga2 or WHMs casting repose unless its an emergency. you need to know when your mobs are going to wake, and you dont need a WHM reposing a mob thats been asleep for 8 seconds.

as far as good or crappy, i dont know, i wasnt there.
with the number of RDMs your linkshell had, it seems there is a failure of command rather than a failure of a single redmage. a good linkshell should be able to at least get to SL or animated weapons with ~25 people. My LS has 3 RDM for most runs and it is normally adequate.

I am a Mediocre Red Mage. i am not good, but i do my job the best i can.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-05-26 13:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatan said:
I come back from a 3month break 1st day playing I get into a dynamis run, end up getting stuck in the pld party, set up PLD PLD WHM RDM THF and some DD I think. I was refreshing and hasting the Plds and whm every time I saw it wear off or noticed there mp wasnt going up like it should with refresh on, then I died, never had chance to RR since the pulled right away, Then when I finaly get raise Ls leader tells me to make sure I keep Refresh and Haste on the main tank. Then at some point half way threw run the whm in the party left or d/c'd I dont know what happend to him. But I ended up being the only healer in the TANK party for like a hour or so. I was keeping refresh and haste on the main tank untill the blms didnt sleep mobs or something and I keep getting hate... Also I ended up being the ONLY person out of like a mix of 8 rdms whms and schs who where healing the PLDs the outside partys in the alliance who was healing them at certin points and they died because it was hard to keep them both alive while im getting hit also... and one of the plds for some reason was getting hit 300 every hit even my friend said something is wrong with there gear... anyway the leader ended up saying I was the worst rdm he has ever seen and kickd me even tho I was doing the best i could to try to keep them alive... so post back and tell me wht u think of this...

There are 2 sides to every story. this one is kinda hard to belive. if u were doing all the healing/refreshing/hasting, what were the other mages doing, meeleing or were they just watching you? lol. iono, sounds to me like u are not telling an accurate story
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-05-26 14:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Gravity on NM Mnk @ xar? even normal mob i can't see. 1 PLD can be handy.
offtopic: can i get a full size of your avatar plz :3

Ontopic: I personaly have done almost everything and anything in dynamis. its all about having the right support as well thought, other whms and rdm and blms to back you up.

rdms primary use in dynamis is to sleep, enfeeble (mainly NMs), support with haste/refesh, and back up heal.

however rdm can nuke, melee and more if they conserve there mp right. theres really no reason you couldent heal that party while keeping supprot. but theres also no reason the other mages can't back you up.
 Asura.Nightbear
Server: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2010-05-26 14:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD tanks... lul