Forum » FFXI » General » #-D secure question
#-D secure question
 Bahamut.Phage
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-05 18:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this topic has probably been beat to death, but just a quick question. I -was- using a prepaid mastercard from Ace cash Express. That card has expired since. I've tried the new Mastercard but I can't seem to register it for the Secure thing. Is there a way to register so I can use it to pay for the game? Also a friend told me that from his understanding it had to be a Visa to work so maybe I can get the Visa version from Ace and that'll work? Anyone use these cards and have done this before? Thanks in advance for any help, it's appreciated. =)
 Fairy.Cailleach
Server: Fairy
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2010-03-05 18:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont actually have to have a secure card to pay with. You only have to use a secured card to get past the security check. Once it checks the secure part it will actually let you change the credit card info. So if you know someone with a card with security on it you can use that to bypass the security check and then change the card info to a different card......if that made sense.
By Wakabo 2010-03-05 19:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic but.. Hi phage D: where the *** were you when I was quitting :c I had stuffs to give out...
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-05 19:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Wakabo said:
Off topic but.. Hi phage D: where the *** were you when I was quitting :c I had stuffs to give out...
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, Phage.

Waka. D: My msn got hacked. Re-add me, you twit.
[+]
By Wakabo 2010-03-05 19:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

what is it? msg me :x
 Diabolos.Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-05 19:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wakabo said:
what is it? msg me :x
D: I can't. Click on the msn symbol.
 Bahamut.Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-05 20:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wakabo said:
Waka, why did you quit? Jeez I turn my back for one minute and you just up and leave, wtf.
 Bahamut.Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-05 20:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so the visa worked. And thank you Cailleach for the help. =)
 Diabolos.Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-05 21:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Phage said:
Wakabo said:
Waka, why did you quit? Jeez I turn my back for one minute and you just up and leave, wtf.
>.> He quit while I was trying to get him to come here with me. ..LOSER. >(
By Wakabo 2010-03-06 00:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I QUIT BECAUSE IT WAS *** ADDICTING!!!
D: partial reason
Other reason financial stuff and living on your own wasn't working atm o 3o~ did for about 9 months but had to stop...

; ; Phage poo needs to find a way to stay in contact
 Bahamut.Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-06 00:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wakabo said:
I QUIT BECAUSE IT WAS *** ADDICTING!!!
D: partial reason
Other reason financial stuff and living on your own wasn't working atm o 3o~ did for about 9 months but had to stop...

;; Phage poo needs to find a way to stay in contact
Well, until 14 is released I'm on YIM a lot talking to Al, other than that I suppose I could give you my e-mail or something. PM me or something, if you want, ttyl waka.
By Wakabo 2010-03-06 02:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sent a pm here on ffxiah.. doesnt seem to of worked :x err..
 Bahamut.Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-06 02:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

still have your myspace?
if so go there
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-03-06 02:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

okay if this is what i think it is, i had the same problem

i had a mastercard from my old washington mutual bank, it eventually got bought out and became chase bank... so i was like crap and they were like oh you can use that card still so i was like okay!

well chase switched over to visa, and no longer distrubute mastercards in my area, i talked to them about this secure code and they brushed me off like im some little kid with no idea what im talking about

this lasted over a month till i finally got pissed, saved the page on my laptop, took it in, put it on the desk and showed them. they literally had no idea what it was

few weeks later i get identity theft'd and i get 300$ of debt, minus what i already had in that account..

i was so pissed i was screaming at them
they refunded me everything and gave me a visa with the new secure login thing

amazing how it all works out when they want their money, and it turns out if i had the secure code i probably wouldnt have been hacked by a certain someone who was in my einherjar shell i later found out. but that is a story for another day
 Bahamut.Phage
By Bahamut.Phage 2010-03-06 02:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
okay if this is what i think it is, i had the same problem

i had a mastercard from my old washington mutual bank, it eventually got bought out and became chase bank... so i was like crap and they were like oh you can use that card still so i was like okay!

well chase switched over to visa, and no longer distrubute mastercards in my area, i talked to them about this secure code and they brushed me off like im some little kid with no idea what im talking about

this lasted over a month till i finally got pissed, saved the page on my laptop, took it in, put it on the desk and showed them. they literally had no idea what it was

few weeks later i get identity theft'd and i get 300$ of debt, minus what i already had in that account..

i was so pissed i was screaming at them
they refunded me everything and gave me a visa with the new secure login thing

amazing how it all works out when they want their money, and it turns out if i had the secure code i probably wouldnt have been hacked by a certain someone who was in my einherjar shell i later found out. but that is a story for another day

Wow, that really sucks, good thing it all worked out in the end. Appearently with mastercard you have to register the card, but with Visa it does it automaticlly when you purchase something online with your card.