I have only one thing to say.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
 Shiva.Eldarias
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Eldarias 2011-04-21 09:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I just finished the coop. This is definitely the best game to come out in a long while.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 09:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eldarias said:
Okay I just finished the coop. This is definitely the best game to come out in a long while.

I look forward to playing Portal 1 & 2 when I get around to it :D It may be worth bumping up to the front of the list and taking a break from FFXI to play from the sounds of it!
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-04-21 09:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Shiva.Eldarias said:

I look forward to playing Portal 1 & 2 when I get around to it :D It may be worth bumping up to the front of the list and taking a break from FFXI to play from the sounds of it!

They really are worth it.

My PC is too olde to run Portal 2, but I gave Portal 1 a go back when it was a free gift for downloading Steam. The game's totally engrossing. I couldn't walk away from my PC once I started the game.

I still play through it from time to time and try for a few achievements for the hell of it.

If you can afford them, buy both games now. You'll only need to take 2-3 evenings off from FFXI to complete both games, and the gaming experience is well worth the money and time.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-21 10:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've been stuck a few times but the major ones are

MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT OPEN
The second one in your spoiler took me 30 seconds. I don't know why it came so easy to me but I was like uh... this. Every other level has been giving me problems :/ I need to learn to think with portals better!
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-21 10:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of these levels are huge open areas and dark with no directions. These kind of puzzles piss me off. I hate games that are dark. If I can't see what I'm doing how the hell am I supposed to play! (ok not that severe, but I hate games that are poorly lit)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-21 10:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

spoiler tag is your friend :/
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-04-21 11:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

completed the single player shortly after the co-op yesterday, and while i must admit i was very, very impressed with how outrageously fun the co-op was, it's sad to see they didn't include the ability to create/use/submit your own mazes for the online portion, since after you're done all the pre-built mazes, there's pretty much absolutely no replay value, bar for annoying/stingy achievements you may've missed ("portrait of a lady", being one i missed as an example)

regardless, i'm sure they'll implement create-a-maze, as well as perhaps even versus mode in the next portal (which i'll gladly wait for), which even merely one or the other'll make the game worth more than a mere rental
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eldarias
By Shiva.Eldarias 2011-04-21 11:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-21 12:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

completed the single player shortly after the co-op yesterday, and while i must admit i was very, very impressed with how outrageously fun the co-op was, it's sad to see they didn't include the ability to create/use/submit your own mazes for the online portion, since after you're done all the pre-built mazes, there's pretty much absolutely no replay value, bar for annoying/stingy achievements you may've missed ("portrait of a lady", being one i missed as an example)

regardless, i'm sure they'll implement create-a-maze, as well as perhaps even versus mode in the next portal (which i'll gladly wait for), which even merely one or the other'll make the game worth more than a mere rental
IDK how but I lucked into the portrait one, but I forgot to wave at cameras etc.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-21 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

*Playing Co-op*
*dies*
"Don't worry Blue I won't tell Orange you did that on purpose." -GLaDOS
"DUDE, how did she know I killed you on purpose." - Thunderz
"I hate you." - Me
 Shiva.Eldarias
By Shiva.Eldarias 2011-04-21 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my favorite was
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-04-21 12:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
IDK how but I lucked into the portrait one, but I forgot to wave at cameras etc.

my co-op friend got the portrait one, as well as the good listener? i think it was called, meanwhile i got the hidden/missing experiment one as well as the sealed door radio box messages one, which he was both missing

in the end, i think i made out well at least, since my achievements are more stingy to get imo than his, but either way, it's funny how you just barely miss the things sometimes

primary example, my friend and i were debating where the hidden companion cube was in multiplayer, which oddly enough he guessed right initially as to where it was, except it was only until after we completed the co-op story mode that we went back and actually did it (i was kind of pushing him to just hurry up and get the level done, which he listened to me DDDDDDDDD:::::::::: )
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-21 12:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:

my co-op friend got the portrait one, as well as the good listener? i think it was called, meanwhile i got the hidden/missing experiment one as well as the sealed door radio box messages one, which he was both missing

in the end, i think i made out well at least, since my achievements are more stingy to get imo than his, but either way, it's funny how you just barely miss the things sometimes

primary example, my friend and i were debating where the hidden companion cube was in multiplayer, which oddly enough he guessed right initially as to where it was, except it was only until after we completed the co-op story mode that we went back and actually did it (i was kind of pushing him to just hurry up and get the level done, which he listened to me DDDDDDDDD:::::::::: )
dude my friend and I were stuck on one level like the final of 3rd or 4th world

dont look in the spoiler if you havent beat it

that one took us like an hour and my friend was like well what if.....
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-04-21 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

we were stuck there for about thirty minutes too actually, though tbh it's hard to recall where else we may've been stuck for quite a bit, since overall we were very effective together (good friends for quite a few years now and all), though i do believe earlier in the game we were stuck on like the second or third maze, where it was that one where there's two or three turrets, the laser cube and the button that lowers the four panels on the opposite side of the glass facing the turrets

took us like twenty minutes to figure THAT one of all of them, which he and i found largely humorous when we went back and did it again in like ten seconds to get the camera-emoting achievement in co-op
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-04-22 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

if you've beat the single player, feel free to bear witness:
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-04-22 12:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

if you've beat the single player, feel free to bear witness:
LOL
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-04-22 13:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

just finished it in coop with gf.

she already finished the single player.

i actually don't like Half Life 2 that much but this is.... an accomplishment.

i seriously loved every minute we played this game in coop.

thank you Valve for that incredible fun :)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10