What The Hell Is The Matter With People?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What the hell is the matter with people?
What the hell is the matter with people?
First Page 2
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-05 03:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

http://abcnews.go.com/International/baby-death-alleged-result-parents-online-games-addiction/story?id=10007040
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-03-05 04:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Even I wouldn't go thaaaaat far. I mean yeah FFXI > RL (yeah.. I went there o_O) but god damn, I'd still make sure my kid grows up healthy and happy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-05 04:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A 3 month old baby, that's just...sad.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-05 04:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I could have sworn I've read something similar to this before, but yeah, just wow is all I can really say.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-03-05 04:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O;
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-03-05 04:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... that really.. wtf.
Stories like that are what make me hate people and their absolute stupidity and selfishness sometimes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-05 04:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't blame the game, blame the parents.

It could of been any game or addictive past time.

Negligent parents are simply Negligent and shouldn't be allowed to have some of the blame siphoned off due to the stupidity of the court system.
[+]
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-03-05 07:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if the baby's parents had been out all night drinking, rather than playing video games, would this story get any press? No, none at all. The media has found a new scapegoat. How long till we're back to rock music is causing people to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-05 07:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

wow just wow
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Don't blame the game, blame the parents.
EXACTLY this is solid proof it's the parent's fault not the game's.

i feel bad for the kid .-. i hope the Kims die in hell and burn and just urgh!!!
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-03-05 07:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I could have sworn I've read something similar to this before, but yeah, just wow is all I can really say.

I remember something a few years ago too in the states, I don't think the baby actually died though but I could be wrong.

How sad, that poor kid :(
 Hades.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Hades.Tidis 2010-03-05 08:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they are neutered, they shouldn't be bringing children into this world.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-05 08:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tidis said:
QFT. I hope they rot in jail for the rest of their damn lives :/
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-05 08:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Hades.Tidis said:
QFT. I hope they rot in jail for the rest of their damn lives :/
and banned from thier MMO forever.
By Redshift 2010-03-05 11:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but it's sad their daughter died to a game addiction, but the story is far more pathetic than anything else. If you read the article, "Neglecting their daughter, who was born prematurely, the parents were instead preoccupied with raising a "virtual daughter" through an online game called "PRIUS," police authorities said."

[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-05 12:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Kims spent most of their time playing Internet games at local cafes called "PC bangs,"

They could afford to goto an Internet Cafe, play the monthly fee for WoW buy couldn't afford their own PC?

The only thing more pathetic is the guy who kill himself because he didn't some drop off a raid mob in WoW, and the guy who killed himself over EQ.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-05 12:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
The Kims spent most of their time playing Internet games at local cafes called "PC bangs,"

They could afford to goto an Internet Cafe, play the monthly fee for WoW buy couldn't afford their own PC?

The only thing more pathetic is the guy who kill himself because he didn't some drop off a raid mob in WoW, and the guy who killed himself over EQ.

Darwinism
Too bad it's not more pronounced in todays society
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-05 13:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, what sucks more is the fact she was born prematurely. You'd think they could show the least bit of concern for their daughter who's already in a vulnerable state. Rotten powdered milk? Fail, just fail.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-03-05 14:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats messed up :/ poor baby
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-05 14:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
O.O;

wtf you can be Jewkitten but my friend Jewballs had to change his name
 Fairy.Phatdade
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-03-05 14:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all KMFDM's fault!

Their music makes people crazy.

A preacher told me so, that means it must be true.

Why would a preacher lie?
 Fairy.Phatdade
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-03-05 14:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Unicorn.Jewkitten said:
O.O;
wtf you can be Jewkitten but my friend Jewballs had to change his name

POL doesn't want to be anti-semitic. The balls are probably what made it offensive.

Jewnutsac = not ok
Jewsocrazy = OK

That's prolly how they see it.
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-05 14:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:

That kind of treatment of a child really angers me. When my brother and sister were young, and my parents had just gotten divorced, my mom would leave them with a babysitter. Soon, my sister began to pee her pants again even though she already knew how to use the toilet, and she'd have random marks appear on her face that she told my mom were from falling while playing. Until a neighbor told my mom to get her kids away from that babysitter. My mom would give the babysitter money every week to buy food for my brother and sister, and not once did she use the money to buy food for them, instead she would only feed her kids. And she would leave my brother and sister in the car with the windows up when she went to the grocery store, or would leave them alone at home for hours on end, and when my sister said she had to go to the bathroom she would grab her by the hair and drag her to the toilet and scream at her to go, and would hit them, which is why my sister became afraid of going to the toilet. That's especially why this ***treatment of a child angers me. Makes me want to punch some people right in the kidneys sometimes >:/
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-03-05 14:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is another one
http://pysih.com/2008/03/11/james-sargent-and-tracey-hermann/
they played video games and fed themselves instead of the baby, baby died after having no water/food for 8 days. :x
 Remora.Ampelius
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2010-03-05 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

and they wanna talk about internet and game addiction? these were just some messed up people don't blame it on the games man.
 Unicorn.Ignasio
Server: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-03-05 14:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I opened this thread in expectation that I would be able to be an *** to someone... but jesus, I have a 6 month old and I at least hold him and let him play with the keyboard while I play.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-03-05 14:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Morbidthrasher said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:

That kind of treatment of a child really angers me. When my brother and sister were young, and my parents had just gotten divorced, my mom would leave them with a babysitter. Soon, my sister began to pee her pants again even though she already knew how to use the toilet, and she'd have random marks appear on her face that she told my mom were from falling while playing. Until a neighbor told my mom to get her kids away from that babysitter. My mom would give the babysitter money every week to buy food for my brother and sister, and not once did she use the money to buy food for them, instead she would only feed her kids. And she would leave my brother and sister in the car with the windows up when she went to the grocery store, or would leave them alone at home for hours on end, and when my sister said she had to go to the bathroom she would grab her by the hair and drag her to the toilet and scream at her to go, and would hit them, which is why my sister became afraid of going to the toilet. That's especially why this ***treatment of a child angers me. Makes me want to punch some people right in the kidneys sometimes >:/

People are so *** stupid i swear.... cant raise a child? dont *** make one then. these people should be killed for treating kids this way
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-05 14:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ampelius said:
and they wanna talk about internet and game addiction? these were just some messed up people don't blame it on the games man.

Yeah, I don't blame it on the games, I blame it on the asshats that can't control themselves and prioritize something so important like their child's life.
 Hades.Lilmama
user: lilmama
By Hades.Lilmama 2010-03-05 14:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Remora.Morbidthrasher said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:

People are so *** stupid i swear.... cant raise a child? dont *** make one then. these people should be killed for treating kids this way

Tortured then killed, like the child was.

I have 4 kids of my own and work full time. Not once have they ever been neglected in any way! It's not the game, it's the people. They really should make a license to breed. >.>
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-03-05 14:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's another case how SRS online games are.
Note: Unlike the tragic korea incident, this is funnier.
First Page 2