VanaFest2010 - The Analysis & News Wrap-up: ZAM/Elmer The Pointy

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest2010 - The Analysis & News Wrap-up: ZAM/Elmer The Pointy
VanaFest2010 - The Analysis & News Wrap-up: ZAM/Elmer The Pointy
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-04 02:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see a thread dedicated to coverage on Vanafest at any point, so I thought I'd repost the wrap-up & analysis ElmerThePointy put up @ZAM recently: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

Quote:
Opinions of every variety have been flying across the forums after players were hit by the numerous bombshells dropped at VanaFest this year. Whatever side you may be on, you cannot dispute that the face of Vana'diel will be forever changed. Unexplored areas, 24 more levels to surmount, fresh-looking Notorious Monsters, enhanced jobs, weapons infused with untold power... the announcements just seemed to keep on coming!

For a persistent online world 8 years running, it looks like Final Fantasy XI is finding brand new life. The "death" of FFXI has always been the topic that would never die. If anything, VanaFest should put that fear to rest. With the wealth of new content planned for this year alone, adventurers will have no trouble filling their online hours with new quests and goals.

Let's jump in a take a look at what the developers brought to the table in Tokyo! In this final wrap-up, I'll take you through the announcements and information that rocked the world of Vana'diel.
FTA:
- sNew Notorious Monsters!
- New Add-Ons!
- Wings of the Goddess Missions!
- Beyond Level 75!
- Job Adjustments!
- Trial of the Magians
- Misc. Additions

holy ***I want to hug that Antlion.
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-03-04 02:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For a moment, I thought the last 2 pic are BSTs new upgraded jugpets... ; ;
[+]
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-04 02:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posting this. This will hopefully stop most of the 'OMG(insert already answered question here)' threads ^^
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 03:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
They might be from the site

"During the following discussion, it was also hinted that the massive crab monster could become a summonable pet for Beastmasters. However, it would have to spawn from a HQ2 or HQ3 version of a recipe. Still, no solid details have been decided upon as of yet."

And yes also in there for those naysayers the old areas aren't capped. They got to 76 in mire. And they mentioned not adjusting old nms. So solo kirin here I come!!!

Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-04 03:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:

looks mean D:
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-04 03:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

GIANT ENEMY CRAB

A lot of these look like they're in present areas, unless the areas are not yet finalized. I wonder what level they will be.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-03-04 03:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
semimmortal said:
They might be from the site

"During the following discussion, it was also hinted that the massive crab monster could become a summonable pet for Beastmasters. However, it would have to spawn from a HQ2 or HQ3 version of a recipe. Still, no solid details have been decided upon as of yet."

And yes also in there for those naysayers the old areas aren't capped. They got to 76 in mire. And they mentioned not adjusting old nms. So solo kirin here I come!!!
Yeah but there's also the chance that they might level cap some of the current end game zones. We'll just have to wait and see!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-04 03:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

the giant jelly looks awesome!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 03:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
semimmortal said:
They might be from the site "During the following discussion, it was also hinted that the massive crab monster could become a summonable pet for Beastmasters. However, it would have to spawn from a HQ2 or HQ3 version of a recipe. Still, no solid details have been decided upon as of yet." And yes also in there for those naysayers the old areas aren't capped. They got to 76 in mire. And they mentioned not adjusting old nms. So solo kirin here I come!!!
Yeah but there's also the chance that they might level cap some of the current end game zones. We'll just have to wait and see!
Perhaps but it would be odd to specifically leave that out. Especially after mentioning a few times how much they wanted to see people do things with smaller numbers and such
 Fenrir.Mahorosama
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mahorosama 2010-03-04 03:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow! Thanks! This clears up a lot of rumors.