Forum » FFXI » General » Blau/Sirocco vs Azoth/Sirocco
Blau/Sirocco vs Azoth/Sirocco
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-03-03 19:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is better and by how much...can I get some math for just general situations.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-03 19:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Azoth is pretty much strictly a DNC weapon. It's not much better than Harpe, and THFs don't use Harpe anyway.
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-03-03 19:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If after taking 7 jobs to 75, you still can't tell the difference between one gear, and another, I can't help you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-03 19:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wear a thief's knife. that's all you need.
 Alexander.Wika
Server: Alexander
user: Wika
By Alexander.Wika 2010-03-03 20:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Whichever is most expensive~ Gotta be a reason, right? >_>
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-03 20:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Azoth is pretty much strictly a DNC weapon. It's not much better than Harpe, and THFs don't use Harpe anyway.
Even meh for dnc tbh, with the exception of eva build
By Alaik 2010-03-03 20:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blau/SK unless the mob has nuts defense, then Azoth/Blau.

Assuming you were of course going for best quality, not easiest on the wallet.

PS: If you don't have one, get a Blau. I have P. Harpe, X's Knife, Sirocco, Thief's Knife, and I still have my blau on me at all times, it's an amazing dagger. Insane DPS.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-03-03 21:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alaik said:

PS: If you don't have one, get a Blau. I have P. Harpe, X's Knife, Sirocco, Thief's Knife, and I still have my blau on me at all times, it's an amazing dagger. Insane DPS.

hmm truth be told, nuts defense = war sub anyway. If this rose a question for the op on which weapon to equip as /war, its still blau. The extra att on blau is great against hard stuff.
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-03 21:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/points at Vegetto.
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-03 21:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

whoa whoa whoa. i'm pretty sure i already asked this question

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5691
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-03 21:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Welfare said:
If after taking 7 jobs to 75, you still can't tell the difference between one gear, and another, I can't help you.

I believe he asked for other things besides which is better.
Bahamut.Bojack said:
Which is better and by how much

and
Bahamut.Bojack said:
can I get some math for just general situations

This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone likes turning FF into a bunch of math equations (no offense to the ones that do). Good job making yourself look like an ***.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-03-03 21:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Welfare said:

Why can't anyone ask any questions these days without the *** showing up? If you wanna be a *** about it, go somewhere else. Of the 75s I have none of them are THF or DNC or any that use daggers even close to a lot.

Just because I have a lot of 75s doesn't mean I necessarily have to know everything about everything. I'm also not one of people like Vegetto (Just as example lol, nothing against you) who can easily calculate every part of this game on paper.

I pretty much knew what the answer was going to be anyways, but was looking for more of a % in DoT difference and some other reasons that would either convince me to, or turn me away from spending the extra mil on the blau.
[+]
By Catsby 2010-03-03 21:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mob, auto-target, your responsiveness and several other variables will effect your damage output much more. don't worry about somebody else's maths and parses.
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-03 21:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@Bojack goto my thread where i asked about Harpe/SK vs. Blau/SK and you'll get the info you need AND the math formula to do the calculations yourself on any combination of weapons for any dual wield job other than ninja. you'll just have to increase the dual wield reduction in the case you're a ninja

edit: typos
By Alaik 2010-03-04 01:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
Alaik said:

hmm truth be told, nuts defense = war sub anyway. If this rose a question for the op on which weapon to equip as /war, its still blau. The extra att on blau is great against hard stuff.

Mostly true, though given his question seemed formatted to include DW, I rolled with it.

Though there are a couple of fights where you'll need to /NIN, even if the mob's defense is high (Or higher, at least) Prudence for example, the 3 shadows can be helpful should you have to hold back abit to run off. Or if you ever are expected to kite/hold an add briefly but at some point will be engaging the main mob.

@OP though, Blau/SK for anything VT or below without abnormally high defense, only whip out daggers with >200 delay if you're getting into the zone of hitting 0's. Ultimately, a % difference would be hard to approximate simply because of variables such as hit rate, food, buffs, etc, etc, and that's excluding your equipment.

I would highly suggest Blau/SK first out of those two options though, and while you may not see much of a difference in WS dmg difference, your WS frequency AND DoT would be much higher. Once again, staying away from any solid numbers due to lack of info, etc, etc.
[+]