Outlook to new Job Abilitys and Lvl 99
First Page 2
 Remora.Shinjiro
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Shinjiro
By Remora.Shinjiro 2010-03-02 16:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl a few jobs still miss new abilitys while others got some at the last updates. What do you expect? What can you imagine? I am thinking to THF for myself for example but have others also in mind. Lowering the using of abilitys like Flee or Hide or raising tha base Triple Attack from 5% to 10%(like Double Attack). What do you expect from Lvl 99 then. I have no clue atm lol
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-03-02 17:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this lvl99 update so stupid to be honest =/ Im terribly thinking about leaving these last days, missing the old times terribly ;;

Please some1 convince me that this update is nice, I seriously dont feel like doing 75 to 99 for 8 job.*** blm solo aggain =(
 Carbuncle.Gilster
Server: Carbuncle
user: Gilster
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2010-03-02 17:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing i expect nothing they will higher ja's or 99 will on b available in certain areas - There are lots of other forums about this.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-02 17:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I found this lvl99 update so stupid to be honest =/ Im terribly thinking about leaving these last days, missing the old times terribly ;; Please some1 convince me that this update is nice, I seriously dont feel like doing 75 to 99 for 8 job.*** blm solo aggain =(

noones going to convince you that a new page in this game's existance is good or bad, quit if you dont like it stay if you do

and all this speculation is about pointless, it was interesting the day news came out now its just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

wait until we learn some concrete info before you start QQing or /hurraying or even going on about this already rigor mortis inflicted horse
[+]
By Pharez 2010-03-04 04:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what you do, get a friend or character that hasn't done G2 yet. This person will not and can not pass level 55 for synch purposes. Chigoe party in Caederva Mire at Perma-55 will get you from 75 to 99 pretty quick.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-04 04:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't work.

You don't get EXP if the Sync doesn't get EXP. So the 55 would stop getting EXP @1>56 and the rest of the PT will stop there. I thought about doing that myself.
 Lakshmi.Kurenka
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kurenka
By Lakshmi.Kurenka 2010-03-04 05:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I found this lvl99 update so stupid to be honest =/ Im terribly thinking about leaving these last days, missing the old times terribly ;;

Please some1 convince me that this update is nice, I seriously dont feel like doing 75 to 99 for 8 job.*** blm solo aggain =(

Well since SE made BLM a non~entity in most of ToAU, I am hoping they will make it up to us by inserting more BLM friendly camps where we don't just have to manaburn everything in sight. Maybe let us join a "normal" party again?

I haven't read much information on the update to be honest, but I think I read somewhere about merit adjustments too.

PLEASE give DRG's the ability to merit the Call Wyvern timer. PUP can merit Activate, so why can't we?? :(

Perhaps a JA for BLM's that lowers m.acc, but increases m.att? (kind of like WAR's Berserk/Defender, boosting 1 stat by lowering another)

I'd like to see PLD get a few more hate tools too. I should know more about the different kinds of enmity, but quite simply, I don't. All I know is that PLD needs a few JA/Spells that give enmity over time, and not just things that give spike enmity. By the time a slept mob wakes up from sleep, it goes right for the person who slept it, even if the PLD Flash/'voked it. Maybe an AoE hate tool for holding mobs in Dynamis too? ;D

I'm not seriously expecting any of these things, just a few things I wouldn't mind seeing.

Vaness, don't give up just yet. I'm not a huge fan of this increased level cap either, but I'm gonna hang about and see what happens. ^.^
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-04 05:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to let you all know the level cap increase will be very gradual, done through numerous updates all the way until December. It's not like 24 levels are gonna be dumped on you all at once. You'll have time to exp, adjust and experiment with various SJs.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-04 05:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it like this. It'll be just like Meriting, except you get to see something besides birds.

Oh, and more importantly, /NIN becomes an awesome offensive subjob, Innin sub at 80 HELLZ YAH.

Though I'm not stupid enough to say "SE ISNT DOING THAT" I really don't think it's likely they'll restrict levels in zones again. You figure they don't restrict levels in Sauro campaign, Jugner and Rolanberry simply because King Arthro, Simurgh and Roc are there (Level 50's King Behemoth, Nidhogg and Fafnir)

Instead, they'll have reasons to go to the new zones, and instead we might finally see some of our less able brethren low-man themselves Ebodies, and Ridills (Though with sufficient skill, you already can, claim willing.)
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-04 05:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Think of it like this. It'll be just like Meriting, except you get to see something besides birds.

Oh, and more importantly, /NIN becomes an awesome offensive subjob, Innin sub at 80 HELLZ YAH

Haha Thank you for pointing this out!
I find it strange people would cry about more levels to obtain than doing the same ***over and over and over and over again at 75.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-04 05:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys.... Someone posted a link to an overview of the FanFest earlier. Here is the link:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769

At the bottom it outlines what they said each job would be getting. Sorry to crush your dreams, again :\
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-04 05:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still just ideas being tossed around. Everyone should know by now SE will throw ***in out of the blue or revoke a good/bad idea at the last second.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 06:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so far they are kinda vague on what they doing with most jobs exactly lol
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-04 06:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

82WHM/41RDM and higher will rule healing.

1. Convert
2. Refresh
3. Benediction
4. Devotion
5. Martyr
6. High Cures
7 and 8. Protectra/Shellra

I'm gonna love it :D
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-04 06:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
82WHM/41RDM and higher will rule healing.

1. Convert
2. Refresh
3. Benediction
4. Devotion
5. Martyr
6. High Cures
7 and 8. Protectra/Shellra

I'm gonna love it :D

smn/rdm ... why bother with perpetuation cost when you can just swap hp and mp??
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 07:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm/sch!!!

Higher tier refresh.

Probably gunna gimp convert /rdm.

AOE everything!!!

Kujata.Segaia
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-04 07:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Rdm/sch!!!

Higher tier refresh.

Probably gunna gimp convert /rdm.

AOE everything!!!

<SE> sry lawl PS2 limitations - no refreshga an' hastega, try next time in ffxiv!

seriously you heard it here first
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-04 07:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Segaia said:
smn/rdm ... why bother with perpetuation cost when you can just swap hp and mp??

You can still run out of all mp without decent perp - gear in less than 10 minutes.

But with great -perp gear, you can have your avatar out, BPing the hell out of everything, and last for a good 15 minutes without having to convert (assuming you also Elemental Syphon every 5 minutes).
 Caitsith.Unafae
Server: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-03-04 08:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't u wonder that maybe they will make the ja and spells go to a higher lvl so that one job doesn't take on too much power? I mean like the example of 82WHM/41RDM were all thinking were gonna have it great but u know SE, they r just gonna knock us all down lol
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-04 08:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
all this speculation is about pointless, it was interesting the day news came out now its just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

This^ its all getting boring.

The few bits of info that have been released have been either ignored or over analysed to the point people can make them say whatever they want.
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
user: Kimikacat
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-03-04 08:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-04 09:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kimiyo said:
It gets kind of tiring observing that people don't read what SE have announced properly. They specifically said that only abilities that would not ruin the uniqueness of another job would be available on sub, so this:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
82WHM/41RDM and higher will rule healing. 1. Convert 2. Refresh 3. Benediction 4. Devotion 5. Martyr 6. High Cures 7 and 8. Protectra/Shellra I'm gonna love it :D
Is never going to happen. At the very most, you will get a gimped refresh. Edit: I'm aware they showed convert being used by another mage at the fest - I just can't see it being implemented fully on sub based on what they have said :P

According to this site, they have stated that /Rdm will have access to Refresh and Convert. They also stated that Rdm will have a more potent form of refresh in later levels. They want to open Rdm up for more Enfeebling during a party.
 Gilgamesh.Cecilharvey
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cecilharvey 2010-03-04 09:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Asura.Kimiyo said:
It gets kind of tiring observing that people don't read what SE have announced properly. They specifically said that only abilities that would not ruin the uniqueness of another job would be available on sub, so this:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
82WHM/41RDM and higher will rule healing. 1. Convert 2. Refresh 3. Benediction 4. Devotion 5. Martyr 6. High Cures 7 and 8. Protectra/Shellra I'm gonna love it :D
Is never going to happen. At the very most, you will get a gimped refresh. Edit: I'm aware they showed convert being used by another mage at the fest - I just can't see it being implemented fully on sub based on what they have said :P

According to this site, they have stated that /Rdm will have access to Refresh and Convert. They also stated that Rdm will have a more potent form of refresh in later levels. They want to open Rdm up for more Enfeebling during a party.

I just wonder wtf gonna happen with the NIN/RDM(s) having acces to a better fastcast ability & being able to haste/refresh themselves, its just ridiculous, same for the PLD/RDM(s), it does not only increase mage(s) potency, but knowing a very little about somes melee jobs "such as PLD" a good PLD using convert to cast more cure(s) on himself will also claim more hate, this is just too bad that SE made it happen at the end of the game.

Edit: for the RDM magic/ability increase, we're just going to love it, lately i was upset at my RDM & wouldn't want to play it much more, i find it totaly boring, now with a good /SCH subjob "considering what was said", just gonna make it more fun with Hastega/Refreshga, if what is said is true, its a lot less of worry & much more resposing for a RDM in situations such as a merit PT, it will make the job a lot less repetitive.

Edit 2: My last worry is about the new ability/magic possibles, i just hope SE wont leave the mage from 75 to 99 w/ no new magics, because i have not heard anything toward this.
Just hoping for somes old schooled magic such as the popular Ultima :S "Its good to dream sometimes no?"
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-04 09:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
That doesn't work.

You don't get EXP if the Sync doesn't get EXP. So the 55 would stop getting EXP @1>56 and the rest of the PT will stop there. I thought about doing that myself.

I got/lost XP when I was in a PT and hit the LB2 level cap.
Quote:
Rdm/sch!!!
AOE everything!!!

I'll LOL hard if they keep Accession SCH only. Too much potential for abuse. It'd be like letting BLM have access to storms/kilma as a 99BLM/SCH49.
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-04 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
Rdm/sch!!!
AOE everything!!!

I'll LOL hard if they keep Accession SCH only.

I'll Q.Q

If /RDM = Refresh, haste, convert
Then /SCH better damn well = Storms, High end white magic (stona etc), Accession/Manifestation.

Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-04 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
That doesn't work.

I got/lost XP when I was in a PT and hit the LB level cap.

Shouldn't be able to gain EXP if they've not completed their LB O_o According to Wiki at least, that's where I went to double check whether I'd be able to do it.
Quote:
While Level Sync is active, players will receive 100% of the experience points they are eligible to obtain at their reduced level. Experience will not be gained, however, should any of the following occur:

* The designee is unconscious when an enemy is defeated.
* The designee is too far from the battle to receive experience.
* The designee has not completed their limit break quest and is unable to gain further experience.
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-04 12:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol my drk/rdm will own so much moar now and so will my drk/blu.
 Remora.Shinjiro
Server: Remora
user: Shinjiro
By Remora.Shinjiro 2010-03-18 02:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think RDM for example gets Refresh II or a higher Refresh.
A WHM/RDM for example get a gimped Refresh of 1 or 2 MP/Tick. Convert Recast /RDM 20 Minutes or something.

SE is trying to have Game-Balance, keep that in mind.

LOOOL
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-03-18 03:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can hardly wait to see all the post Xbox gimp players trying to figure out how to kill anything not colibri, much less trying to put together a non-goofy party setup. Since i have never heard of a whm not feeling stuck in the job and regret lvling it, finding a 86 whm ought to be a hoot as well. Better start Japanese or alchemy classes.
 Fenrir.Arsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2010-03-18 03:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

consider nin/ utsusemi:ni get 4 shadows and /nin only get 3 shadows

hm... im gussing /rdm refresh get only 2mp per tick
and convert, might be 66% or 50% effective as rdm/

but who knows, SE works in a mysterious way
First Page 2