Augmented Relic/Rare Ex gear
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-02 12:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any info on this or pictures?
 Midgardsormr.Ouch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Ouch
By Midgardsormr.Ouch 2010-03-02 12:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The summary of Vanafest talked about how relics can be augmented via the new Trials of the Magians. I think the general attitude is that if this Magians thing can augment relic weapons, it should probably be able to augment damn near anything.
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-02 12:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Ouch said:
The summary of Vanafest talked about how relics can be augmented via the new Trials of the Magians. I think the general attitude is that if this Magians thing can augment relic weapons, it should probably be able to augment damn near anything.
I heard of a picture of them augmenting Xcal and wanted to know some of the stats on it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-03-02 12:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc-5 knowing SE >_>
 Phoenix.Tealsic
Server: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-03-02 12:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

no the augs will be good basically they are out of ideas for armor so they are gunna let us choose what we want lol prepare for it to be nerfed with a couple of months shitz gunna be crazy
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 12:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:

Just whats on the site from the fanfest if thats what your refering to which you can find the link to it on the home page of this site. On another note I think Augmented Relic/Rare Ex gear is going to be a serious fail if you have to augment the stuff via the old way (fov,synergy ect..)only way i see this working if its augmented by way of qst similar to the mini's.
 Seraph.Dreakon
Server: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-02 12:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can just see it now. Apoc's with STR - 10 and CHR + 20....

DRK: I accidentally my whole relic!
SE: accidentally what?
DRK: My whole relic!
SE: lolowned.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-02 12:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The augments are not random, you choose them.
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-02 12:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Just whats on the site from the fanfest if thats what your refering to which you can find the link to it on the home page of this site. On another note I think Augmented Relic/Rare Ex gear is going to be a serious fail if you have to augment the stuff via the old way (fov,synergy ect..)only way i see this working if its augmented by way of qst similar to the mini's.
Nah I heard it's some badass quest
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 12:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think augmenting relics is pointless unless they make so you can obtain a relic in like a 6mnth time span, rather than a year(if u have no life and can farm 8 hours a day)or two to complete a relic then probably months to augment it is just a deterant imo, god forbid if the augments aren't etched in stone like the augments from the mini's.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-02 12:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Edit: To actually add to the convo: The augments will be based on the difficulty you choose. If you want to settle for a low damage increase, you can. It'll probably be simple and easy to do. If you want a massive damage increase, you can. It'll probably be hard as *** to do.

Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-02 13:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:

Oh ok i still think it would be nice to make obtaining a relic a lil easier for the some 1 interested in 1 thats just starting out. On the other hand they talk about letting us get the Camp.Battle WS and some new badass weapons coming out via WOTG or allied notes.. so maybe between the both they might be compared to current relics so maybe thats why they letting you boost relics just a theory lol
 Seraph.Dreakon
Server: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-02 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dandruffshampoo posted this on Alla, I loled.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-02 13:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Oh ok i still think it would be nice to make obtaining a relic a lil easier for the some 1 interested in 1 thats just starting out. On the other hand they talk about letting us get the Camp.Battle WS and some new badass weapons coming out via WOTG or allied notes.. so maybe between the both they might be compared to current relics so maybe thats why they letting you boost relics just a theory lol
More like they are trying to compensate for the lack of effort into some relics...example...shock spikes I mean wtf...
 Fenrir.Vacian
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-02 13:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

the current augmenting system is ***, way too random and costly, have seen so many worthless ele rings and haguns etc etc the new system will allow you to choose augments based on what quest/mission you choose to do so it should be pretty good

Titan.Shuji
Server: Titan
user: Raijin777
By Titan.Shuji 2010-03-02 13:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not augmenting. You choose a quest based on what stats you want. The harder the quests are, the better the stats are. You're not going to get -10STR, Accuracy, or whatever would be detrimental.
 Fenrir.Shambo
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-02 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

that would be nar nar
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-02 13:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Vacian said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
the current augmenting system is ***, way too random and costly, have seen so many worthless ele rings and haguns etc etc the new system will allow you to choose augments based on what quest/mission you choose to do so it should be pretty good

Yes this sounds fun, Id of been willing to pump a few million or many hours into getting ele staffs with mab/int/macc or mermans/toreadors/cerb+1 with attk/str/acc but not as many as it would of taken imo to get decent stats on average.

People see screenshots of foragers with 3-6acc or weskits 3-6int but sometimes forget how many failed attempts it takes before achieving such luck. No disrespect but some augs ive seen, you lucky fkers.

Anyway my point is if I gotta do 4-5 BCNM style fights that are as hard as *** but I get to choose augs for something like cerb+1 so long as it remains one of best mantles along with cuch, and I end up with like 5acc on it Im all for thats sounds like a good challenge. But its not something im quite willing to risk with in FoV.

Which brings me onto lvl99 gear a bit Im sure this may of been discussed in other threads but lets assume crafting still caps at 100 or 100+6 w/e with bonuses but gear still goes up to 99. I got a feeling most current endgame ex or bought gear will still be of use. So 100 bonecrafters cld still for example make their genie weskits and lappas, blms would buy them or already own them then augment them using these quests to guaranteed +int/macc/mab. Kinda like choices on pieces we got for shantoto/kupo/acp addons.

If this is for ex gear also thats also good cos imo nothing should out dd morri body and I really doubt anything ever will, ppl will be aug'ing morri body with series of magi quests and max obtainable bonuses for morri body should/will beat g-weskit augs. I can possibly see full usu getting 1-2% more haste obviously you wouldnt choose this aug if your main usu use was mnk unless they change haste cap for 99. Ya im rambling a bit now, just some thoughts on my mind.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-02 13:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Thank you, now can all these forums of people asking if ***is real stop? its a waste of all of your time serious.
"Can you augment relics" YES its on the website.........
And its all mission based which is also on the website
To be honest, just hang tight and more info will come
These forums are which start up rumors which lot of people have been complaining about. "well so and so said this" "well SE said this"
People need to read what the website says before they start a topic, seriously.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-02 13:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Thank you, now can all these forums of people asking if ***is real stop? its a waste of all of your time serious. "Can you augment relics" YES its on the website......... And its all mission based which is also on the website To be honest, just hang tight and more info will come These forums are which start up rumors which lot of people have been complaining about. "well so and so said this" "well SE said this" People need to read what the website says before they start a topic, seriously.

Well so Is playing the game a waste of time half the time, doesnt mean we cant speculat about how things will pan out in the future, discussions in forums were bound to happen.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-02 13:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

People saying the same incorrect things for several days after the information is made public isn't discussion, it's dumb. If you want to speculate about the quests themselves or how upgraded relics/mythics will compare to future weapons that's one thing, talking like every relic owner is going to risk ruining their weapon for the sake of bringing it up to par is something that should have died out very quickly. The information is readily available to everyone. I've had to make that clarification in like 5 different threads now, I'd love it if we could move on to discussing things that are actually in or even could be in the coming updates.

EDIT: Let's make this post useful.

The first ~half of the video is showing part of the augment process along with the devs talking about the upcoming system. I don't have a transcription on hand, sorry.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-02 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
People saying the same incorrect things for several days after the information is made public isn't discussion, it's dumb. If you want to speculate about the quests themselves or how upgraded relics/mythics will compare to future weapons that's one thing

This aimed at me ? lol. Ive said nothing thats incorrect as ive had access to all pieces of information about trial of the magians so far as you have. I know the augs wont be random.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-02 14:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it wasn't aimed at you. I just ended up using your post as an opening for mine.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-02 14:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice video man, tbh It didnt tell me nothing I didnt already know from reading what info is available but I do love their enthusiasm when presenting to the crowd especially when rdm lvl to 76 :D
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-02 14:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Nice video man, tbh It didnt tell me nothing I didnt already know from reading what info is available but I do love their enthusiasm when presenting to the crowd especially when rdm lvl to 76 :D
Watch all the videos where they're showing screenshots or video from in game. The JP's are so darn cute when they get excited.
 Garuda.Glaciont
Server: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-02 14:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

LOLOL @ 7:00

OOOOOH WHOOOO LEVELRUUU!!!
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-02 14:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Thank you, now can all these forums of people asking if ***is real stop? its a waste of all of your time serious.
"Can you augment relics" YES its on the website.........
And its all mission based which is also on the website
To be honest, just hang tight and more info will come
These forums are which start up rumors which lot of people have been complaining about. "well so and so said this" "well SE said this"
People need to read what the website says before they start a topic, seriously.
People are inquiring, I read the ***I'm asking a general question way to be a ***. If you want to let your anger out there are many sites Allakazam is one for starters.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-02 14:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fairy.Basilo said:
Watch all the videos where they're showing screenshots or video from in game. The JP's are so darn cute when they get excited.

Lol indeed, we didnt hear Steve Jobs wooohoo'ing when he presented the Ipad.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-03-02 14:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Curious, incase i miss understood what he was saying close to the end of the video, did he say removing level cap in CoP areas?
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-02 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
Just Curious, incase i miss understood what he was saying close to the end of the video, did he say removing level cap in CoP areas?
So you can be 75 in all areas where it was originally 40 or 50. I assume the bcnms are still capped
First Page 2