Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Quick FFXI software question
Quick FFXI software question
By Threedaysgrace52 2010-03-02 08:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone happens to have FFXI the Ultimate Collection (FFXI, all the expansions and add-on scenarios) could they please tell me how much hard drive space it takes? I've tried to find it out, but to no avail. The reason I ask is that I've noticed that FFXI with Rise of the Zilart,CoP, and ToAU takes up almost 22GB of hard drive space! Considering my old desktop only has 60GB hard drive space. I just wonder if it's condensed at all (I assume it is since it's on one dvd instead of a bunch of disks).
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-02 08:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Threedaysgrace52 said:
If anyone happens to have FFXI the Ultimate Collection (FFXI, all the expansions and add-on scenarios) could they please tell me how much hard drive space it takes? I've tried to find it out, but to no avail. The reason I ask is that I've noticed that FFXI with Rise of the Zilart,CoP, and ToAU takes up almost 22GB of hard drive space! Considering my old desktop only has 60GB hard drive space. I just wonder if it's condensed at all (I assume it is since it's on one dvd instead of a bunch of disks).
Are you getting those numbers from the add/remove programs list? Or are you actually looking at the size of the directory?

Add/remove programs will show all the expansions at outrageous file sizes.

Edit: What OS is this? It seems Windows 7 fixed the add/remove programs thing. I'm not sure if XP/Vista did as well.
 Odin.Belllie
Server: Odin
By Odin.Belllie 2010-03-02 09:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This size is from the add/remove programs (Windows XP). So, is that number screwy from the add/remove programs? If that number is wrong I don't know what else is taking up so much of my hard drive space. When checking Local Disk C: -> properties it says I only have 3GB yes 3GB left of free space. I've checked all of my large, mp3s, videos, etc. and I still have no clue as why I'm so low.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-02 09:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Belllie said:
This size is from the add/remove programs (Windows XP). So, is that number screwy from the add/remove programs? If that number is wrong I don't know what else is taking up so much of my hard drive space. When checking Local Disk C: -> properties it says I only have 3GB yes 3GB left of free space. I've checked all of my large, mp3s, videos, etc. and I still have no clue as why I'm so low.
XP is probably still screwy. Go into C:/program files and check the size of the PlayOnline folder.

I'm using the 2008 collection, but that folder in particular is 9.02GB

Edit: Collection shouldn't make a difference. When you update you go to the same amount of files. Only difference would be if you use any .dat mods. My file size may be slightly larger than yours because of the .dat files I switched out for font/icons.
 Odin.Belllie
Server: Odin
By Odin.Belllie 2010-03-02 09:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya C:/program files -> Playonline shows just under 9GB. Damn you Microsoft lol. Thanks for your responses.