Is This Happening On All Servers?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is this happening on all servers?
Is this happening on all servers?
 Fairy.Akiba
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-01 15:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like a huge DUMP of high lvl equipment is being made on Fairy and Sylph. Hagun, Blau Douche (sp^^), and a lot of other things have recently flooded the AH and the shouts in WG are full of "buy my stuff"

Is this lvl 75 people thinking their stuff will be useless soon? Or people quitting?

Useless? Well a lot of equipment transcends level (hauby) and will be useful no matter what. I dont see with this fact and the Magian moogle that people just dump everything... I wish I had the gil to take advantage of the sale-off on Fairy... but is this happening everywhere?
 Phoenix.Begoma
Server: Phoenix
user: Begoma
By Phoenix.Begoma 2010-03-01 15:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it's happening on Phoenix. I'm gonna clean up when I get home...
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-01 15:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a guy in my dyna shell last night tell us all that it was his last night of playing. He then proceeded to sell off almost all of his stuff in his bazarr for 1337g items included scorp+1,ether ring,scorp ring+1, 30 imperial gold pieces for 10g each, a ton of other stuff but it went so fast i didnt get to see all of it. He then went ahead and MPKd us almost causing a full wipe -.-
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-01 15:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually I try to take advantage of situations, but I think I will sit on my gil this time unless I find really really cheap stuff
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-01 15:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im pretty sure this is ppl just quitting. They dont like what they happening in the new update so they jumping ship early. That or they got in FFXIV beta.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-03-01 15:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm gonna go chill in WG and look for bargains
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 15:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Grab some stuff that you can sell for more on Asura ;)
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-01 15:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

Guess I better do the same, maybe I'll find something nice.
By shadower 2010-03-01 15:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of my friends are quitting cuz they can't take it anymore with lv99 after they spend years to get Maat's cap and get all jobs to 75, some of them don't even have a change to do endgame much cuz they busy grinding EXP. I'm not sure I will stay and keep playing or not but for sure I won't have time to get all my 13 jobs to lv99 again then run over the new places, new HNMs for lv99 gears...new updates, new expansions but FFXI still an old game after all
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-01 15:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen anything like this happening on Valefor, but then again, we're not going anywhere (Yay! I love Valefor, I'd just feel strange if everytime I logged in I saw another server name, you know when everything's the same, but it still just feels different?)
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-01 15:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that people who are dumping all of their stuff are going to regret it. With the new Augment system you can add up to 80 different enhancements to 1 piece of equipment through a series of quests. This may limit the amount of stuff they input into the game in terms of new armor and weapons. Not saying they won't put new stuff in, but by augmenting old stuff you can keep it up to date. Just saying all you people who are jumping ship on the gears might be in for a surprised ><
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 15:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
I think that people who are dumping all of their stuff are going to regret it. With the new Augment system you can add up to 80 different enhancements to 1 piece of equipment through a series of quests. This may limit the amount of stuff they input into the game in terms of new armor and weapons. Not saying they won't put new stuff in, but by augmenting old stuff you can keep it up to date. Just saying all you people who are jumping ship on the gears might be in for a surprised ><

like dricent and several others said, it's likely they're jumping ship on the game, not just their gear
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-01 15:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

People have a tendency to over-react to news in any way ( see every "why SE WHYYYYY" thread ) so it wouldnt surprise me if people were just quitting and/or selling everything cause "oh we will soon have lvl 76 equipment"
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 16:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

8 hagun's on AH on carby atm. kinda pissy since I got a drop this morning I'm trying to sell >.<