Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PS3 problems
PS3 problems
By Pheliont 2010-03-01 15:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been posted or not, (atm I have to drive 40 minutes to use the internet... *** TX) but on Sunday March 1, 2010, a lot of PS3s are having trouble. Sony has said that they have tracked it down to a bug in the date and time synchronization where it screws up your clock (resetting it to 1/1/2000) and prevents signing on to the PSNetwork. Also, bought/trial games off the PS Store are giving error messages saying that the "Copyright information is invalid." And PS3 games that have trophies are either not starting saying "Trophy info is invalid" or starting and just outright deleting trophy information. (Army of 2 the 40th day and the God of War collection for me are both examples). Sony says that they are fixing it and hope to have it finished in 24 hrs. They do warn, however, please do not use your PS3 if possible as you may not get all your info back. This is affecting 90%+ of the older "fat" models and very few ~5% of the slim models.

Posting in general as no idea where to put it. Also, how is this affecting the PS3 users of FFXI? I just moved into a new apartment but will take 2 weeks to get the internet... *** TX
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-01 15:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Play me in AVP when you get the internet
 Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama 2010-03-01 15:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just your part of TX mate. I lived in the sticks (an hour from the nearest "real" city) and we got internet setup w/in 2 days. Now I live in Corpus and I moved in, next morning it was setup. Then again, I did call ahead and set up the date for everything in advance so it would be done on time >.>.

On topic, my PS3 is the old 80GB "fat" and backwards compatible modal and it didn't have the issue. Everything still works on it, PSN and ffxi, it still works, but I prefer to play on my PC. So meh.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-01 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i have this same problem everytime i try and log in into psn network it logs me back out.

i play ffxi on my ps3 so im still able to log into pol using my ps3 i just cant log in psn network and play other people online with ps3 games ectect... if this makes any since at all >.>;

edit: im able to click the final fantasy XI app thats download onto the playstation to get in POL and log in that way. but im not able to log in psn and because of that im not able to play PS3 games online. MAG is completly down i cant do ***with MAG but use it as a Mug cup holder or something >.>

edit2: i have the backcomp too and im getting this problem, i also live east coast (new york) so maybe its a area thing?
 Asura.Zemzerrett
Server: Asura
By Asura.Zemzerrett 2010-03-01 15:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/
http://twitter.com/playstationeu
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-01 15:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sesshoumarusama said:
Just your part of TX mate. I lived in the sticks (an hour from the nearest "real" city) and we got internet setup w/in 2 days. Now I live in Corpus and I moved in, next morning it was setup. Then again, I did call ahead and set up the date for everything in advance so it would be done on time >.>.

On topic, my PS3 is the old 80GB "fat" and backwards compatible modal and it didn't have the issue. Everything still works on it, PSN and ffxi, it still works, but I prefer to play on my PC. So meh.

omfg i want your ps3. I have the 80GB one that can't play ps2 games...
 Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-03-01 17:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same fat model as him and love it for ffxi all these years. Got the last model off shelves at cir. city as they discontinued them then upgraded the hd but yeah this ps3 issue blows.

Telling everyone to not turn on your ps3's

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/latest-info-on-playstation-network-status/

and this is funny:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/broken-ps3/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+wired/index+

I did not know wtf was going on late last night and now my clock on ps3 reads 12/31/1999

but all trophies still there.. will have to wait and see if anything got corrupted in meantime.

[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-03-01 17:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no its y2k 10 years late
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-01 17:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Xbox360 can't even claim a 90% catastrophic failure rate in a 24 hour period. Epic win.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-01 17:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 HAVING AN ACCIDENT?!
WHAT THE ***?!
BUT IT'S THE BEST SYSTEM EVER!!
WHAAAAATTT?!!?!?!
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-03-01 17:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mines up and running again but lost all my data cause I was silly and did a "quick format" /rage
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-01 17:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ps3 contracted internet aids

wat
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-03-01 17:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacon
Server: Seraph
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-03-01 18:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^whoops.

anyway:

seems to be fixed now. my date/time are back to normal after I synced them through the menu via net.

all trophies still there. Can connect to psn now.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-01 18:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Xbox360 can't even claim a 90% catastrophic failure rate in a 24 hour period.

"Catastrophic failure" lolFanboyism.
They just claim a 60% failure rate that bricks their whole system everyday of the week and requires them to send it in for repair.

While the PS3 error will go away in a day, xbox360 owners are still waiting for their systems to come back after rrod. There's your epic fail.

The only people really QQing over the error are people who should go outside once in awhile. 'BAWWW I LOST A TROPHIE!!' Talk about people who need to get a life.
[+]