Slow Down Please
First Page 2
 Asura.Valentino
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 02:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We learn growing up in this fast paced world whats right and whats wrong.
Life is a never ending race.....
"Don't trip you'll stay in last place"
Judgments are made on sight to decide good from bad
We don't make time to stop for a question.
I wish we would pause to remember what those story morals mention
That all bad was good; even Satan was a angel right?
When will man stop running and ask?
That's the question that keeps me up all night.

Tell me what you think, whether it be good or bad let us discuss.

[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 02:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Satan doesn't/never did exist.
[+]
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 02:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mean to imply he does. Just kind of used that as a universal character that the majority of people know the story too. Although not everyone may believe in Satan, I think we all believe in a sort of evil that causes harm to us. Whether it be through the harsh words of a enemy or a gun shooting toward us.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 02:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Valentino said:

[+]
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 03:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, Either that cat just woke up or smoke a bowl ;P

But if anyone is ambiguous on what I was trying to state in the poem. It was something along the lines we shouldn't make judgments on people's appearance or opinions so quick. We can never be always right about there story, so we should ask before making an assumption. Given our limited lifespan, and practices taught by society many of us may feel as though we cannot stop and ask why without being slowed down and left behind.
By Izey 2010-03-01 03:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[/quote]

I'm with the cat on this one...
Like I get it but....huh....?
Riddled question there.
 Bahamut.Oblivion
Server: Bahamut
user: remnant
By Bahamut.Oblivion 2010-03-01 03:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of life is that there's no point, make what you will out of it.

I mean, outside of finding some relative meaning in religions, or society, what should there be?

If the "interpretation of the world" by other people gives you meaning, go with it; that's all that'll matter in life.

Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 03:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

People go to religion to find a solution to their problems. People feel as though they must fit in with "society" by living a certain lifestyle because if they didn't they would be socially punished for it. I believe the point in life is to be happy. No one wants to be mad or sad, so people go to the quickest easiest seeming solution without asking why.

"If the "interpretation of the world" by other people gives you meaning, go with it; that's all that'll matter in life."

I do not completely agree with encouraging people to go with other people's interpretation on life, but I do agree with your advice that "that's all that'll matter in life" if you follow that road. Then you end up at the beginning of your cycle of unhappiness when you question those people's interpretations on life and they scorn you for it. Instead of choosing one interpretation why not make one compromise?
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-03-01 04:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you truly value life as a whole, and truly wish to embrace it, you would enjoy some parts of Canada, or even Alaska. The point is to move to a place in the mountains at a relatively high elevation, life off the land, grow massive fields of ganja, and live in harmony.

Of course, stinking like ***, not getting laid, and oh yeah - living on roots and berries, just might start to piss off all the little boys who "live in the hood" and their idea of "country" consists of going to a place where there's a finely manicured lawn and would most likely be dead within a single day if dropped off in a place like Alaska.

Truly embracing life on that level is for strong men who can rough it. It's something you have to really want, or it's not for you.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-03-01 04:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Valentino said:

nice discussion you make sense.
s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 04:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-03-01 04:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo

Not really, I usually say this all the time; but as always, nothing can pop out of thin air. This includes the universe, whether you like it or not. You are alive because something happened, so in essence there is a creator of all things. If people want to believe in god, more power to them, if you want to believe some aliens created you from them or some super nova science being, more power to you.

Only problem is atheist's who go to far, and crazy religious people. Threads go out of hand because people poke a some religious group, forgetting that there is no difference between everyone who believes in god, or any gods.

Vegetto none of my business did something happen to someone you loved...? If so shrink, best thing to do.

/end thread.
 Titan.Fekye
Server: Titan
user: fekye
By Titan.Fekye 2010-03-01 04:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Life is a learning process, you live to learn, because if you DIDN'T know then how DO you know? So in the end all that really matters is what you learned and what you experienced, regardless if they have outside meaning to anything else but you.

Life is really simple :D
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-03-01 04:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Fekye said:
I believe Life is a learning process, you live to learn, because if you DIDN'T know then how DO you know? So in the end all that really matters is what you learned and what you experienced, regardless if they have outside meaning to anything else but you.

Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 04:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Welfare said:
If you truly value life as a whole, and truly wish to embrace it, you would enjoy some parts of Canada, or even Alaska. The point is to move to a place in the mountains at a relatively high elevation, life off the land, grow massive fields of ganja, and live in harmony.

Of course, stinking like ***, not getting laid, and oh yeah - living on roots and berries, just might start to piss off all the little boys who "live in the hood" and their idea of "country" consists of going to a place where there's a finely manicured lawn and would most likely be dead within a single day if dropped off in a place like Alaska.

Truly embracing life on that level is for strong men who can rough it. It's something you have to really want, or it's not for you.

It makes it so difficult to embrace true life, because people are shot down when they try to attempt something out of the norm. We feel we can't take a break and enjoy life because we need to consistently work to make OUR lives be better than someone else on the social scale. Yes if a human did move to the land they would could be stereotyped as "Of course, stinking like ***, not getting laid, and oh yeah - living on roots and berries,". Which could lead to someone believing that's not even being a "viable" option in our current society.

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo

Not really, I usually say this all the time; but as always, nothing can pop out of thin air. This includes the universe, weather you like it or not. You are alive because something happened, so in essence there is a creator of all things. If people want to believe in god, more power to them, if you want to believe some aliens created you from them or some super nova science being, more power to you.

Only problem is atheist's who go to far, and crazy religious people. Threads go out of hand because people poke a some religious group, forgetting that there is no difference between everyone who believes in god, or any gods.

Vegetto none of my business did something happen to someone you loved...? If so shrink, best thing to do.

/end thread.

Well to start thank you Stanflame for acknowledging my topic and positive feedback, although I believe no one can be the judge of who is going to far. No one can be that judge because no one has viewed what that person has or has had the same thoughts as that person has, so telling someone they have gone to far will only push them further. I don't know how serious Veggeto is being this topic, but instead of telling him Satan doesn't exist it would be better ask him why he thinks that.

I myself do believe in a higher power as well as a "Satan". I am not completely ignorant to atheism I have done research on both ends of each extreme which led me to see a compromise at every end. I think anyone out there is capable of doing this we just need to open our eyes a little more too everything on both sides. Instead of assuming why people think what they think, and saying its wrong because everyone else does; ask why research both your opinion and there opinion and come to a solution not a argument.
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 05:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Fekye said:

I do partially agree with you Fekye. The problem is how much unbiased opinions do you really learn? If there weren't people pulling on the two ends of every rope then this theory could be very helpful. The problem is there are people pulling. How are you supposed to learn when people continue to pull your limbs and put stress in your heart? Man must first agree on the answer before teaching the equation \.
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-01 05:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah man, you know what's right and what's wrong. These days we have been getting lazy in respecting each other. It takes someone who is strong to show others. That is the best thing you can do. Lead or teach by example. Be the change you want to see.

It gets hard some times, ya know? You get dogged by someone and you may not want to put yourself out there to get injured. But this attitude is why people hide themselves from each other. Why people don't take the time to remember the morals in the stories we have all grown up on.

It takes someone special to remind us sometimes and it's usually done with a smile.

Thanks for your poem.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-01 05:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo

Not really, I usually say this all the time; but as always, nothing can pop out of thin air. This includes the universe, whether you like it or not. You are alive because something happened, so in essence there is a creator of all things. If people want to believe in god, more power to them, if you want to believe some aliens created you from them or some super nova science being, more power to you.

/end thread.

still dont get why your bashing him for his beliefs, also talk about irony, here you are focused on whats bad about not believing in satan, and assuming that something must have "happened" to him to have his own opinion, and meanwhile the OP is trying to to do the opposite. ask questions then pursue your own answer/meaning to life. for you sound like someone with with great fear, and with great fear comes great evil.

you kind sir, are the devil.

[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 05:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo

/end thread.

still dont get why your bashing him for his beliefs, also talk about irony, here you are focused on whats bad about not believing in satan, and assuming that something must have "happened" to him to have his own opinion, and meanwhile the OP is trying to to do the opposite. ask questions then pursue your own answer/meaning to life. for you sound like someone with with great fear, and with great fear comes great evil.

Your post was pretty legitimate up until the last sentence. Then you just ruined it all.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-01 05:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it was too much of an suitable ironic twist to the argument, i just couldn't pass up on saying it lol.

of course i dont mean it, im merely trying to get him to see a different side of where he is coming from.

btw @ OP, awesome poem, super deep bro.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-01 05:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah its not that, its just that you turned it around to suggest you were talking about yourself all along.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-01 05:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

exactly, no irony w00t? :(
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 05:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo

/end thread.
Lol, so I should see a shrink because I don't have the same beliefs as you? That's the same as if I said you should be put in a straight jacket because you do believe in the stuff.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 05:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

He created himself and/or he was always there, duh!
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 05:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Yeah man, you know what's right and what's wrong. These days we have been getting lazy in respecting each other. It takes someone who is strong to show others. That is the best thing you can do. Lead or teach by example. Be the change you want to see.

It gets hard some times, ya know? You get dogged by someone and you may not want to put yourself out there to get injured. But this attitude is why people hide themselves from each other. Why people don't take the time to remember the morals in the stories we have all grown up on.

It takes someone special to remind us sometimes and it's usually done with a smile.

Thanks for your poem.

and Thank you for taking time to acknowledge and understand it. Also thank you for pointing out we should all try to lead by example. When we get shot by a person or group get up, and don't get mad. Listen to what they have to say understand there point of view. Ask them about there perspective, THEN tell them about your. Learn there way of life before you teach them yours. How can you expect to teach a Spanish speaking person English without first learning Spanish?

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Asura.Valentino said:

s
Fairy.Vegetto said:
shut up
It's the truth, yo

/end thread.

Thank you Ghaleon as well for taking you time out. I do see where you were trying to go with your irony. I would be Careful with name calling until both parties know each others humor because the one that is being called a name may take it in another way. (Especially on the internet, and eventually lead to a argument aka flamewar which would make your whole point unrecognized)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 05:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
He created himself and/or he was always there, duh!

No wai

haxxxxxx :<
I think he had gameshark, so it's ok.
[+]
 Asura.Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2010-03-01 05:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

Nothing can pop out of thin air, yes. However, if you had to be created, who created your creator? (S)he can't pop out of thin air either. Fail logic is fail.

Although the logic in that equation may not all be there. That does not mean it is the only equation, and it does not mean all equation have been figured out. That equation may be incorrect, but it does not mean there is not a right one out there. If we had the equation for everything we would be a lot more advanced, but we cannot get a positive if everyone continues to keep thinking opposite .Opposed to working together for a solution to your question.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 06:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I see it like this. The animated version makes light of it, as I don't care to get into a serious discussion, at least until after my test in a few hours
First Page 2