Level Cap 99 Is Making Me Feel Like Quiting!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Level cap 99 is making me feel like quiting!!!
Level cap 99 is making me feel like quiting!!!
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-02-28 18:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

- Will I have to level sub jobs again?

- My 75 jobs will become non-endgame jobs?

- How big will be the XP to level up?

- All the "hard to get" end game gear will become a "simple" level cap gear?

- Will relic weapons become obsolet?

- Some, if not all, ls events will become solo/lowmaned easy fights?

- Will jobs lose their unique features? (like any mage will have convert and refresh, subing rdm)

With this questions up... i dont feel like doing events (either cause gear, i get, will be caped gear or later ill be able to solo/lowman it). Dont feel like XPing more jobs, cause 75 jobs might be only mid level jobs.

And they will change this over a year so (as usual with SE) it will take forever to get my questions completly answered.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-28 18:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here until they kick me off the servers.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-02-28 19:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think like that Rinako, but for the 1st time i got in game and didnt feel like doing anything...

Think about some of the good gear at level 50... is it any good at 75? only few pieces are... thats what might happen to 75 gear at level 99

And i enjoy to have several jobs at 75 to use in end-game. If end-game will start to be at 99 and you have gigantic xp to get there... you just might end with only one job at 99!

This is really bothering me :p

Fairy.Exander
Server: Fairy
user: Exander
By Fairy.Exander 2010-02-28 22:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Onepenny said:
- Will I have to level sub jobs again?

- My 75 jobs will become non-endgame jobs?

- How big will be the XP to level up?

- All the "hard to get" end game gear will become a "simple" level cap gear?

- Will relic weapons become obsolet?

- Some, if not all, ls events will become solo/lowmaned easy fights?

- Will jobs lose their unique features? (like any mage will have convert and refresh, subing rdm)

With this questions up... i dont feel like doing events (either cause gear, i get, will be caped gear or later ill be able to solo/lowman it). Dont feel like XPing more jobs, cause 75 jobs might be only mid level jobs.

And they will change this over a year so (as usual with SE) it will take forever to get my questions completly answered.

I feel your pain and so do a lot of other people i've ran into who wasn't aware of the news..
 Phoenix.Teguri
Server: Phoenix
user: Talran
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 07:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, perhaps because I only have one Job near 75 (I finally started leveling a few months ago and nearly have BST finished) but I welcome this. Heck, how do you think people felt when the cap was raised to 75? That's 25 levels above 50. And hey, it breaths new life into the game. Perhaps some people will come back, and others will quit. Hell, endgame shouldn't comprise 90% of a game. Hey, perhaps they'll revamp zones to make everything match better? Perhaps the game shouldn't stay how it was when it came out for you. I've been playing since the NA release, Took my time getting where I am, and am glad that the cap is being raised, I look forward to seeing how bad we can break old areas :3
 Phoenix.Deadlybladez
By Phoenix.Deadlybladez 2010-03-01 08:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont mind because i can do all the endgame stuff now and all the extra lvls is just gonna be a bonus lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Teguri
user: Talran
By Phoenix.Teguri 2010-03-01 08:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Some servers are seriously hurting for people though. I know mine isn't, but I have friends who play other servers that are near barren.
 Phoenix.Deadlybladez
By Phoenix.Deadlybladez 2010-03-01 09:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

when i was on quezlcoat i had trouble getting partys sometimes took days lol
 Phoenix.Begoma
user: Begoma
By Phoenix.Begoma 2010-03-01 09:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

News Flash: The 'endgame' stuff isn't endgame anymore...
 Phoenix.Deadlybladez
By Phoenix.Deadlybladez 2010-03-01 09:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ok then what would u call it? if its not endgame
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-01 09:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It appeared that the new Abyssea areas are going to be instanced.. so if they have EXP areas then get a group together and woop the ***out of it.

As a player who has only 3 75s and who doesnt get to play a lot because of life, i am VERY excited about this. Yes it is going to be a lot of work to get my SCH, War, and Nin to 99 but it will be worth it. I firmly believe this will cause people to group more.

No more waiting on 6 people for nyzul, do it with 4.

No more waiting on a mission that requires 12 people all on Pld, Rdm or Whm.

I believe this will make the game much more enjoyable for casual people like me.

I also have faith that they will not simply say "go get lvl 99" but they will either raise the exp given or something else inventive. SE did this to help the game so I dont see why they wouldnt help us get to 99.
 Phoenix.Deadlybladez
By Phoenix.Deadlybladez 2010-03-01 09:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

just a guess but i wonder if they will just put lvl caps on like they do for bcnm battles, and maybe only able to use lvl 99 in them new areas
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-03-01 09:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible but I see them making older instances cap at 75 more likely and probably easier to implement. So making things like Dynamis, Limbus, Nyzul, Einherjar all capped at 75. That leaves open areas, dungeons, and towns all open to lvl 99.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Begoma
user: Begoma
By Phoenix.Begoma 2010-03-01 10:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. The most logical thing to do would be to cap the former endgame areas/battles. It seems like the path of least resistance.

I personally don't want to lvl a character to 99 just to be able to use it in a few instanced areas (especially since the halfway mark for xp will probably be around lvl 85 now).
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-03-01 13:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

as long as no new limit breaks are introduced and xp is tweaked, I'll be happy. I'm here until ffxi servers go down for good. but I still like to FREAK OUT
 Shiva.Reddrag
Server: Shiva
user: Reddrag
By Shiva.Reddrag 2010-03-01 21:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

this is prob me just talking out my *** or something... But i am def pissed about them raising the lvl capp to 99... wtf do we look like, WoW... sure everything is good and all with people hitting 75 and being able to merit and such, but raising the lvl cap just to give the player an incentive to play is *** ridiculous...

plus you have to look at it other ways too... jobs were sorta balanced at 75... what happens at 99. "oh look im going to be a lvl 99 blm." so that makes him a lvl 99BLM/49RDM, oh ***! look at that! a blm that can do refresh, haste, and convert... hell even whm and smn will be able to do the same thing, along with blu and sch... so what does that do... eliminate RDM from the picture?

alright i did read about how they said they were going to adjust spells, JA's and other things accordingly so that they are still a little balanced... but still that means if im bored enough to do something, and i know ill be bored enough... ill go solo sky/sea/limbus hell anything, unless they buff up all the endgame things.

the only good outcome i can think about this raising the lvl cap is...
1. More incentive to lvl a job
2. Makes it easier to solo things that couldnt be solo'd before
3. Might bring more people into the game

the bad things i can see...
1. Un-balancing Job's
2. "Maybe" no more need for endgame shells?
3. All the "veteren" players now have to pt for another 24 lvls to cap their jobs

when they do raise the lvl cap like they said, whats going to happen wtih the merits at 75...? from what someone told me is that they are leavin them there and going to make merit groups for 99... is it just me or is SE trying to, im not going to say kill FFXI, but make it easier to play when FFXIV comes out?

yes im sorry for those people that have just started, but its annoying having your job be capped at 75 for around 4 years then sudden have to lvl 24 more lvls to cap it again...
this is just me ranting but like wtf SE, WTF?

guess my final words are... i always loved FFXI and always will... just changes like this suck *** >.>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-03-01 22:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah reddrag, but on top of all they put you on hold for a year

and bottom line is... we are all mid level jobs with mid level gear

"oh but you will be able to aug gear and make it good"

so? ill have to get/make new gear... im no longer a top level decently equiped player... im a mid level cap 75 geared player

and dont get me started on genkais, if they gonna make me do like in the 1st days when u had a full ally to do a damn genkai

but i was so keen on getting all maat jobs to 75, for me it was a 2 in 1 where i would get a pimpm hat and have sevaral jobs for events... they screwed that up cause i might get a nice cap 75 hat and a bunch of mid level jobs

P.S. did u notice how this post never apears on recent posts even with a post just done... strikes me as strange... guess i should have made it with a diferent title to be more pleasent to site owners
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2010-03-02 00:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you're still high level decently equipped player. Soon they'll add a quest to raise cap to 80 or 85... so you have plenty of time to level your important subs for the job you plan on taking to 99.

Or you can choose to quit, but seems silly that a game you've played this long gets MORE content and you get upset :X

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-03-02 07:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nitsuj & Catastrophe. You probably have plenty of time to keep leveling up and keep getting gear. And I'm not trying to convince anyone that you should be upset about it.

But i got to a stage that im decent on some jobs to enjoy HL events with friends in a way im useful (not pimp nothing to do with, "So I'm assuming the only enjoyment people get out of this game is pretending they're the best geared 75 of [insert job here]?")

If you check on xp to be 99 your almost talking about leveling from 1 to 75 again. So anyway you put it, i will always have to do tons of xp + genkais + upgrading gear & weapons just so i can be back on the same spot i was... a DECENT player that can have some fun at HL in events with friends

Lets face it, the thing FFXI has really much better than all other games is end-game... complete and full of options... just now end-game stoped beeing end game... and if you do it in the spirit of end-game... you will still be getting mid level gear

but ill wait to see cause i like this game way too much, hell if i didnt i wouldnt even bother talking about it, i would have just quit