Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Sales Time Offset
Sales Time Offset
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2008-11-09 20:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be blind, but I did a rough scan for this on the suggestion pages and I haven't seen such an input on the members section either, so I thought it was worth a shot to suggest this.

Sure it's only a minor thing for you American's but when you live half way across the world, the 12hr offset between when you say it was sold on Nov 8th, when it was actually Nov 9th for me is just a tad bit annoying.

Stop being behind the times :P

Anyhow, I'm hoping that you guys are storing the dates as UNIX_TIMESTAMP() or something closer. If it's being piped straight into the DB as date('M jS') it will be impossible to do. Giving an offset where the value is stored and then added to the times before you throw it into date() or what ever custom function you use, would allow players to give the sales history a more accurate time listing based on when it actually happened locally.

Yeah I'm annoying and suggest all the little fiddly things rather than large grand scale features :D
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Server: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2008-11-10 07:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, being a NA player I don't often find myself bothered by this situation. However you're wrong, you aren't annoying and your suggestion is actually a really good idea. Everyone can benefit having more accurate sale times/dates I'm sure. Good post.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-11-10 11:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Take your common sense somewhere else!! we dont need that here!

/sarcasm
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2008-11-11 08:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Having added this to systems I've done in the past, I know how easy it is (if the dates are stored in a way that can easily be adjusted). Hopefully this gets put in there, if it doesn't I don't think many people will lose sleep over it. Just one of those small little things that people would take for granted until it was taken away from them.