How Fast Can You Get 200 Fishing Catches?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How fast can you get 200 fishing catches?
How fast can you get 200 fishing catches?
By Sugarcat 2010-02-27 03:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious. The title says it all. Trying to see how long I would have to spend everyday to cap the ingame cap.
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-02-27 03:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes me roughly, Six hours, depending on what I'm fishing.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-02-27 04:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

200 is a fake number made up. It depends on the type/size of fish you are catching, how many people are fishing in that area and rumored to include your skill level vs. the fish level.

I fished for 4 years, hit 100 and completed Ebisu. I can honestly say I never fished to cap once except after I got the Ebisu earning gil on Gugru and Lik's. That only takes 20-25 fish there and maybe 2-3 hours on a good day.

I've seen the bite rate go to crap and act like fatigue after as little as 3-4 stacks of black sole and also gone up to 10 stacks with no sign of fatigue.

I'd expect "200" fish at a 1 bite per 3 min rate to take 10 hours. Obviously, subtract time off that for 1-2 min bite rates.

Now, the real question. What the hell is someone doing fishing for that long? If you are that bored in game, log off and go see the sunlight. :-P
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-27 04:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When I go for moat carp, it usually takes about 3 hours or so to hit the 200 limit. Not sure if that helps but I'm throwing that out there.
[+]
 Fairy.Lilman
Server: Fairy
user: Lilman
By Fairy.Lilman 2010-02-27 04:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Bekisa said:
That only takes 20-25 fish there and maybe 2-3 hours on a good day.

I'm not sure when you were last fishing, but I can now catch between 40 and 50 gugru/lik a day before I fatigue and can't catch anything and this is with 85 fishing and an Ebisu.

As for the "200", it used to take me between 3-5 hours to cap in Talacca cove if I was fishing ahtapots, mercanbaligis, and dil all. But most times I canceled Ahtapots due to inventory space, if I fished to cap, it was more like... 6-7 hours(didn't do this often).
By Sugarcat 2010-02-27 08:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the inputs. No way in hell I'll fish for that long. was just wondering how long it would take. Answer? wayyyy too long. Just thinking bout leveling fishing whenever i get back from tour and read somewhere about that 200 limit. Again thanks for the inputs.
 Ramuh.Svedin
user: Svedin
By Ramuh.Svedin 2010-02-27 08:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

been a while since I been out fishing but I think I used to spend 6-8 hours on black soles
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-27 12:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sugarcat said:
Just curious. The title says it all. Trying to see how long I would have to spend everyday to cap the ingame cap.

It varies wildly, depending on the fish you catch. You can cap out moat carp in 2-3 hours without zoning to reset soft fatigue. If you don't zone, black sole take about 12-14 hours, depending on luck.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 13:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That whole 200 fish isn't the cap is completely wrong.

Lvling from 30 to 100 I counted. Except the days when I just didn't fish enough I went to 0 bites at 200 fish every day. I fished up to 3 shangs. Was exactly 200 fish every day

In fact I believe around last december SE actually announced that limit and said it would go down to 10 if you were under lvl 20.

Now that changed after I got ebisus. Went up to 220. Then they updated ebisus a few months back to make it "better." Now I get like 204-220 depending on what I'm fishing how many different things I'm fishing and zoning. Not a huge change but certainly didn't make it better.

Also for moat carp depending on moon phase 2-4 hours. Big range cause well at 50% my biterate on mules was like 70-80% at new/full moon I've gotten 100%

Right now I do trumpet shells. That is usually 12-16 hours to get max fatigue. Granted w/o ebisus that would probably be like 2 or more hours less since it will be less fish and be at the time when /recast is at the highest.

Um I did Cave chereaux for a while. That litterally took pretty much 18-22 hours but I would hit fatigue at 220. Damn 10% bite rate in the middle of the desert and being unstackable
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-27 16:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you fished till max, wouldn't it take several RL months for the lu shang?

Fishing wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the animation lock.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-27 16:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

If you can hold your sanity that long, it would take about 2 months if you did it every day, more or less. I couldn't, which is why I'm still at 5500 left.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-27 16:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

did it in about 3 weeks with 3 characters
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-27 17:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
When I go for moat carp, it usually takes about 3 hours or so to hit the 200 limit. Not sure if that helps but I'm throwing that out there.
Sounds about right with a good bait/rod/skill/location. Especially if the combination hits more than just your target fish.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 18:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

Well I decided to do so like 2 days before they updated it so you capped fatigue at 10 if you were under lvl 20. So I had to lvl my 2 fishing mules to lvl 20.

Once I did that I got my first one in about a month. Would've been faster but was skilling up on my main and did stuff with family

Fishing just 200 a day would take 50 days of course which for the average player isn't so bad. If you buy some it's even faster. Like using the money you make trading
 Bahamut.Evilbunny
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilbunny
By Bahamut.Evilbunny 2010-02-28 00:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

did it in about 3 weeks with 3 characters

This, I had my lu before my free 30 days was up.

Also the cap was never 200, I have fished to cap countless times, sure sometimes it was 200, but it varied between 188-212.

You can very very easily tell that 200 is infact NOT the cap if you fish on multiple mules to cap for a couple days while getting carp.
 Valefor.Woodman
Server: Valefor
user: Woodman
By Valefor.Woodman 2010-02-28 00:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In Knightwell with Insect paste you should be able to get close to 1 fish/min if not too many others are fishing.
The hard cap is 200 fish cought not hooked. Monsters and rusty items do not count against that 200 nor do fish you toss back b/c your inventory is full.
After you catch 200 in a day you will not catch anything (Fish, monsters or items) until next JP Midnight.

200 is the cap unless you have Ebisu if you think otherwise you have miscounted.
 Bahamut.Evilbunny
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilbunny
By Bahamut.Evilbunny 2010-02-28 19:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Woodman said:
200 is the cap unless you have Ebisu if you think otherwise you have miscounted.

Apparently inventorys can miscount and give you more then 200 after you get your hard cap.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-28 19:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Evilbunny said:
Valefor.Woodman said:
Apparently inventorys can miscount and give you more then 200 after you get your hard cap.
Apparently you can. Or you still had some before you started.

I fished up 2 lu shangs on 2 mules in about 2 months time. Ever single time as soon as I hit 200 fish I went from really good bite rate to as many no catches as I wanted. I have a friend who right now is doing that and again reaching max fatique at 200 each day on both characters she is fishing on.

I kept track from lvl 30-100 on my main. Every day I fished up exactly 200 before hitting the hard cap except the some of the days I fished for gugrusaurus. Those days I spent so much time fishing those up I didn't hit a cap often.

Even after I hit 100 and decided to just fish for money and buy my gugrusaurus I still hit 200 cap everyday regardless of what I fished until I actually got my Ebisu's.

Once I got that then it was 220 everyday until they updated Ebisu's to make it better supposedly. Though since then I fish up more like 204-220ish depending on alot of things.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-02-28 21:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

it would take... longer then a life time... dispite trying to finish off every normal craft, i cant stand fishing! lol
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 19:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Evilbunny said:
Valefor.Woodman said:
Apparently you can. Or you still had some before you started.

I fished up 2 lu shangs on 2 mules in about 2 months time. Ever single time as soon as I hit 200 fish I went from really good bite rate to as many no catches as I wanted. I have a friend who right now is doing that and again reaching max fatique at 200 each day on both characters she is fishing on.

I kept track from lvl 30-100 on my main. Every day I fished up exactly 200 before hitting the hard cap except the some of the days I fished for gugrusaurus. Those days I spent so much time fishing those up I didn't hit a cap often.

Even after I hit 100 and decided to just fish for money and buy my gugrusaurus I still hit 200 cap everyday regardless of what I fished until I actually got my Ebisu's.

Once I got that then it was 220 everyday until they updated Ebisu's to make it better supposedly. Though since then I fish up more like 204-220ish depending on alot of things.

personally i always had 200 unless i didn't finish fishing to cap
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-03-01 19:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really made 200 catches on anything besides moat carp.. and that still took 4/5 hours