Rdm/nin Capped Spell Interruption Reduction.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rdm/nin capped spell interruption reduction.
Rdm/nin capped spell interruption reduction.

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 00:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I always heard you needed like 102%. Interesting. Also I'd end in haste vs fast cast as it will give a bigger reduction in recast delay. Some really nice peices would be say nash head haste and -interupt

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Lynnminmay
Server: Remora
user: pchan
By Remora.Lynnminmay 2010-02-27 04:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1. You need to have over 77%** spell interruption down rate gear in from before the start of the cast

you actually only need 102% total when getting hit, it doesn't matter if you start casting in fast cast and then swap to spell interruption.

Quote:
What you'll need:
2x 25% reduction wands
5% Willpower Torque
10% reduction muse tariqah
8% Magnetic earring
8% solitaire cape
8% waist (many options here)
15% karasutengu Kogake

For the sake of saving inventory slots, I use only one club. This has also the benefit of working with any subjob.

merit(8)
club(25) magnetic earring (8)
AF+1 body (12)
belt (10)
karsutengu kogake(15%)

The benefit of this setup is that you only need 3 items specifically for spell interruption (club,belt,feet). You can still equip haste or fast cast on head/hands/legs (~ -11%, -26% with haste) and/or pdt on shield/head/hands/legs/back/rings(~-31%).

A setup where you maximize pdt and spell int cap is

merit(8)
magic strap(5)
nashira head(10) willpower torque(5) magnetic(8) aptus earring (4)
AF body+1 (12)
belt (10)
karasutengu kogake (15)

This allows earth staff/hands/rings/back/legs as pdt for ~-39%. Note that aptus earring comes from a reward of the asa mission so it's annoying to get. You can use solitaire's cape instead, but only get -33% pdt. The advantage of this setup is that you can cast spells like sleep/bind while keeping HQ staff and high enfeebling skill.

A setup where you maximize recast and spell interruption is

merit(8)
club(25)/shield(10)
willpower(5)/magnetic(8)/aptus(5)
karasutengu(15)

That's only -76%, but if you only face one enemy it will be enough to avoid interrupt the vast majority of the time. This allows to equip head/body/hands/belt/legs as recast so you only use -3% on feet. This setup is lacking pdt though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-27 14:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to ask, as an aspiring RDM/NIN. How much would a setup like this be of benefit for the majority of NM solo's?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 15:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I only solo somewhat but generally speaking soloing on rdm/nin your goal is to not take a melee hit. Like ever.

The reason why this setup is good for tanking is cause you can get just get cured from the extra dmg you are taking...

Soloing you can't afford to waste mp like that. It will slow you down alot. So you try to keep blink up or distance from the mob... or both. And when you are taking a hit here and there some PDT till you can get away to cast or put Ni up. Really though alot of things you put a full potency slow II and para II on and you probably wont need it anyways just time it
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-27 15:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I have to ask, as an aspiring RDM/NIN. How much would a setup like this be of benefit for the majority of NM solo's?

Uses too much inventory space to be worthwhile on 99% of solos. Only solos I can name offhand where it might be handy are Rapido if he unslows while you have no shadows/stoneskin and possibly Zip during an unlucky Ice Break.

Faust would make sense except he knocks you back anyway with his only damaging attack, so <_<
Quote:
This allows you to solo hold even HNMS for quite long periods of time*

Most HNMs are a joke compared to most solo targets and can be held quite easily without spell interruption gear <_<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 15:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say that HNMs are a joke compared to your solo targets.

It's just your support makes them such. Slow II + elegy makes holding most HNMs a joke by itself.

Having someone else to do the buffs/debuffs/dmg or even throw a cure or erase/na so you can focus on keeping yourself alive and casting some hate spells also can help and is easier on your mp
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-27 15:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Offensively speaking, most HNMs are quite unthreatening at least as far as RDM goes. Support does help things a lot, this is true - but RDM tanking after RDM soloing is so easy it's unbelievable.