users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Questions
Dynamis Questions
 Gilgamesh.Mistrissyuki
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Mistrissyuki 2010-02-23 16:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm scheduled to do my first Dynamis run with my new LS tonight at 8pm (as level 68 RDM/WHM). I'd like to go in there at least a little prepared, so I had a question I'd like to ask. I also figured this would be a nice forum for others to discuss any advice they may have for other Dynamis newbs like myself. ^_~ I'm rather confused about which Rank/Mission you need to have acheived in order to participate. I know you have to have completed mission 5-2, but is that for the nation you are currently working on? Also, does this work like airship passes, whereas once you obtain the rank for one nation, the game allows you to do things as another nation/rank? I got to rank 10 for Bastok, but I'm rank 5 for Windurst now. Do I need to switch back to Bastok for the Dynamis (which is in Windurst), or should I hurry up and get to rank 6 for Windurst? Or am I fine? Thanks! ^-^
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2010-02-23 16:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Your good to go, just make sure you have the cutscenes that you need.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-23 16:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Completion of 5-2 for any nation is fine. You need to go to Xarcabard and get the cutscene there, then examine a set of Trail Markings, which can be found just outside each residential area entrance in Windurst Walls, Southern San d'Oria, Bastok Mines or Ru'Lude Gardens. Then you get a key item, and you're set for Dynamis.
 Gilgamesh.Mistrissyuki
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Mistrissyuki 2010-02-23 16:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Thank you so much ^^
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-23 16:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure you have the basics with you when you enter.

Food, if you want RR2 get a pin, Echo's, and anything else that makes you feel comfortable on rdm.

And remember its ok to be new and unexperienced..if you have questions make sure you ask. Hopefully after all the dust settles it will be a fun experience for you.

Side Note: Which zone are you entering? Oh yeah and Stoneskin is your friend!
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-24 08:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry too much about it, there's nothing you can so to really mess up the ls. Whatever you do do not DoT anything since the basis of dynamis basically works as pulling around 8 monsters sleepgaing them and fighting 1 by 1. That being said when your in the 70s and have blm leveled you will be much more of an asset for sleeping mobs. With your current job level and subjob though you will be used either to haste a party or refresh a party like the blm party or the tank party. Don't forget to keep up RR since your /whm, you will die probably atleast once. Most I've ever died was like 8 times on rdm in dynamis-xarcabard. It really does depend on how many members an how good they are.

Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-02-24 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

little late on the post Helder lol, but at least its sound advice for a new mage in dyna, although a 68rdm/whm will probably just be a healer/refresher. Definitely get blm up to 37, a 75rdm/blm can solo sleep city zones with ease.
 Alexander.Helder
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-24 09:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol neph I'm on my iPhone and was too lazy to check the date of the OP <.< lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [305 days between previous and next post]
By kingx 2010-12-26 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Which dyna can be done in lowman (party)? Can be done anything which 3-4 people? which any profit on farm coins?
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-26 16:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any Dynamis zone can be low-manned (even at 75, much easier at 90 though), it just depends on how much ground you're expecting to cover which determines the amount of people you need. Sandy/Bastok/Windurst/Jeuno/Beau(nofomor)/Xarc(mostly bosses) can be easily done with a party or less, needs the proper jobs though. CoP I'd recommend ~10 or so to not waste zones, and you can clear everything/almost everything with 8-10 in all zones.
By kingx 2010-12-27 04:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

thx so much:) another question.. Just the af drop was raised or also the coins?