Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Chocobo Breeding Question
Chocobo Breeding Question
 Asura.Wales
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wales
By Asura.Wales 2010-02-22 12:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, everyone's favorite nub again. I've breed a chocobo egg from two red chocobos and plan to hatch & raise it soon, but I really want for it to come out red. I plan to raise in San d'Oria with a focus on strength/endurance and I'm an elvaan character.

My question is this: has anyone ever breed an egg from two parents of the same color and gotten a different color as a result?

I ask because depending on what I read it seems some sites tell me it is a definate red while others tell me color is based on stats not inheritance. Tough to find the truth.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-02-22 12:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes my choco came from 2 blacks and came out red, its never 100% guarenteed to be the same as the parents.

Even if you choose the honeymoon plan that is believed to increase the chance of it happening, its still very slim.

Edit: I would highly reccomend getting your Discernment up first (just to around Average). Makes it much easier to teach Abilities
 Asura.Nkai
Server: Asura
user: Nkai
By Asura.Nkai 2010-03-11 19:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends, through experience ive noticed that 'genetics' play a part. If the one of grandparents is non-red then you have a chance your baby will be too. If you know the people you got the breeding cards from, ask them what the parents of their chickens were.

And Scizor is right, getting Discernment up to around average to teach the 'bo abilities will make a world of a difference. And its easy enough to spam str/end care plans after the ablities have been learned.